2011.04.26 - Day two of the trial - TOD testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimee, he had hair the day the bodies were discovered and shaved it all off shortly before his arrest. I remember being shocked at how different he looked in his Mug Shot.

Aimee, he had hair the day the bodies were discovered and shaved it all off shortly before his arrest. I remember being shocked at how different he looked in his Mug Shot.

oh ok....in the family pics he was bald so I thought it was for a reason. Guess he goes back and forth??

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/04/26/coleman-murder-trial-begins-today/

Two witnesses today.

"One is forensic pathologist Dr. Michael M. Baden, recognizable to many as the star of the HBO series “Autopsy”.

He’s expected to testify about his determination as to the time of death of Sheri, Garett and Gavin Coleman, a very important point in the case against accused triple-murderer Chris Coleman.

Defense attornies claim Dr. Baden made his determination based on select information provided by investigators.

(BBM)
Right....because Michael Baden is too stupid and/or doesn't value his reputation enough to make sure he gets ALL of the relevant information. Give me a break!!! :rolleyes:

Brpkelly Brian Kelly
#Colemantrial done for day. Video interview shows him sobbing, texting. He says night before "She fell asleep in my arms on the couch"

Twitter: Brpkelly Brian Kelly
#Colemantrial Coleman's phone shows first call to check on Sheri at 5:43 am. Surveillance video shows him leaving home then.

Coleman tells pd he saw strange car when backing out of driveway,earlier video shows him pulling straight out.
33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Finally some liver temps!

"Coroners took the temperature of Sheri Coleman's liver at 11 a.m. and recorded 90.4 degress. Then it was taken again at the funeral home at 1:17 p.m. and was recorded as 87.4 degrees.
Defense attorney Jim Stern said that was a rate of 1.5 degrees an hour, which he calculated put Sheri Coleman's time of death at 5:30 a.m., while her husband was at the gym.
Baden said Stern got it wrong, because the body does not start losing heat for three to four hours after death."

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/04/26/1684937/wheres-dr-baden-already-in-the.html#ixzz1Kf7RDyIu

But he didn't even leave for the gym until 5:43....I'm confused ???? Did his attorney just incriminate him.

." Coleman's tearful mother leaves as police video shows son sobbing. Coleman receives, sends texts during interview."

Wonder who he was texting? I think we will find out.

Twitter: Brpkelly Brian Kelly
#Colemantrial Coleman's phone shows first call to check on Sheri at 5:43 am. Surveillance video shows him leaving home then.

So he starts calling out of concern while in the driveway? But still goes to the gym?

He is so DONE.

CCup, I was wondering if anyone would catch that :) Yes, I do believe his attorney has incriminated him by his own estimation of TOD.

So the first call at 5:43? Same time he was seen leaving the neighborhood, how convenient for him. I can't wait to see how many calls he actually made during the hour and 10 minutes he was gone. I am so thrilled the neighbors camera shows only him leaving the house, and no other activity. He is toast! I also wonder who he was texting and if LE has a copy of those that will be admitted into evidence.

Man, I wish I could see those interrogation tapes. Will those tapes become part of public record?

I hope someone will write a very complete book on this case. The magnitude of the evil and selfishness in this case really needs to be completely exposed. Why should anyone be able to deny any part they played?

I wonder how Chris and his Family are feeling tonight? Do they still think they can fool anyone into believing in his innocence?

And we haven't even heard the Tara stuff yet.

The news will have a recap of today, and the defenses reaction to today's testimony... we're dealing with tornado cleanup and now massive flooding so the Coleman case has been pushed way back. All 3 channels set to record, and I'll post when I have a synopsis.

I would love to know what his parents are thinking, what he is thinking, and what his daddy's followers are thinking. Not only have we not heard from Tara, but we have also not heard from Sheri's friends and many others.

I will admit that I am a little late into this case. I just have one quick question, please. Why didn't this guy plea deal? Did he refuse or did the DA's office not offer a plea? Because you can stick a fork in him, he's done.

Fox 2 recap: Sherri fought for her life as indicated by two black eyes and multiple ligature marks on her neck and one on her chin. Baden's testimony indicates all 3 died at approximately 3 a.m., and he used 3 different factors to determine TOD, and stated it would have taken 5 - 15 minutes per victim because there still may be a heartbeat after 5 minutes of strangulation. Stern criticized Baden for testifying for the Simpson defense, Baden responded that some police officers did criticize him but science is science. Stern asked Baden about his quarrel with the local ME and Baden said it was not a quarrel and that the local ME gave the TOD's as between 3 - 5 a.m. Stern made in court calculations indicating Sherri died closer to the time CC left the house and Baden disagreed stating body temp does not start dropping immediately after death. The jury is about 1/3 of the way through CC's taped statement...it contained a haunting description of the final hours of the apparent normal family life of the Colemans. CC described playing catch with his son, a family dinner, a visit to a snow cone stand and he told LE Sherri fell asleep in his arms that night. Then a teaser that they'll have more on their "Edge" news that airs at 10 p.m. that people were sitting on the edge of their seats for... the testimony of Det. Justin Barlow.

Will watch the others and see if there is anything different reported.

So...Coleman says he sees a strange car in the neighborhood when he is backing out of the driveway... Then his first call home is at 5:43AM...

Now is this like, "Hey Sheri, I'm backing out and see this strange car in the neighborhood, I just want you to know in case you hear something, get out your gun, you know how to use it."

So, he saw a strange car? And this was the guy who had the threats (and who incidentally said it was probably a crackpot -- of course that crackpot was him)? So, because he wasn't actually worried about those threats -- but let everyone know about them (if that doesn't speak to planning of the "weirdo killed my family" what does?) -- he merely called Sheri and said, "Weird car in the neighborhood" instead of turning around and following the car out of the neighborhood and/or getting the license number of it? He calls instead of going back home and doing his jumping jacks in his living room?

Well, so why then, when he got home didn't he wail, "If only I had taken the threats seriously, if only I had stayed home to protec them..." or did he? Did Chris express "If onlys?" -- did any one hear any of them?

Hmmm...Gym morning and night? This article says...

>>Chris Coleman's videotaped statement to police after his family was murdered included details of the family's last night. Sheri Coleman cooked dinner: chicken and pasta. Chris Coleman played catch in the yard with Garett. They took the boys out for snow cones.

Chris Coleman went to the gym, came home to put the boys to bed. They said their prayers.<<

Chris forgot the part about "I hit Sheri in the face" and maybe, "Sheri caught me sexting my girlfriend"

You're welcome! I had the recaps from both other channels typed, and it disappeared on me!!! UGH!!! I'll do it in notepad from now on. There were other things on the other channels that I found interesting and will have to go back, rewatch, and retype... on Channel 4 they interviewed an elderly woman who is from Waterloo and attended the trial today and basically said that she didn't feel sorry for CC and believed he was acting when he was sobbing on the tapes. I did not know it was his neighbor, Det. Barlow, who interviewed him on those tapes. Det. Barlow asked him flat out if he & Sherri had fought the night before and CC denied that. I'll watch the others again later, along with the Edge at 10 p.m. and recap it for you all then. I'm not sure if they'll have video online or not... local websites are kmov.com, ksdk.com and fox2now.com for our televised news.

Today's testimony took away my hope that Sheri was asleep and didn't know what happened to her. :anguish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken