IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you give a link for the confirmation of JW searching? All I remember is a flustered non-answer at one of the pressers.

I'm referring to the presser answer - Qualters said he believed JW had participated in volunteer searches. While that is not a confirmation (but why would he lie or misspeak?), it is at least an indication that LE has no problem with him having done so.

Oh man Im having trouble puttin my thoughts together tonite!
Im just gonna say this and then i HAVE GOT to take a break-my number 1 theory involves Jr/zo/ab at the very least! Thats what Im "feelin". Idk. Ill be back with more when i can think a lil clearer. My mind is muddled. Keep up the good work yall!

Confused here. Are you saying it is somehow impossible that JW could have met up with LS in some way?

No. I'm saying if there is a "plausible" scenario, I'd like to hear it (and to have people suggesting that there is one really think it through).

No. I'm saying if there is a "plausible" scenario, I'd like to hear it (and to have people suggesting that there is one really think it through).

Its either impossible or plausible, there's not a lot of middle ground between those two.

I'm referring to the presser answer - Qualters said he believed JW had participated in volunteer searches. While that is not a confirmation (but why would he lie or misspeak?), it is at least an indication that LE has no problem with him having done so.

Can you please supply the link so I can go listen to it? thanks.

Jealous boyfriend meets up with Lauren in alley and they argue,something goes wrong.
Possible scenario.

Can you please supply the link so I can go listen to it? thanks.

Its the 6/10 press conference. Parker indicates he thinks JW has participated in the volunteer searches.

Stop attacking each other!

If you can't discuss different possibilities respectfully, you are at risk of being put on time out. If something you see is blatantly offensive or violating our TOS, click the alert triangle in the corner of the post. DO NOT REPLY.

I think you all need to check the rules in the OP again.

Thanks.

Here is AnalyticalExaminer's transcription from [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6741853&postcount=285"]this post[/ame]:

And from Fri 6/10:
11:40-12:15
Q: Do you believe her boyfriend was with her at any point that night or during the early morning hours?
A: That's information that I don't want to go into the specifics of that yet.
Q: Have you spoken with her boyfriend?
A: Yes. (nodding head; open face?)
Q: And what's the situation there?
A: We continue to speak with him. He's cooperative.
Q: Is he one of the POI?
A: Certainly.
Q: Has he not been allowed to help with the search?
A: I don't know if he's - I think he's participated in the, uh, uh, volunteer searches.
[quick scan of the room; turns things over to the family]

Interesting. I'd forgotten about some of that...

FWIW, I have not eliminated JW from my list. Also, in my mind, even if he was home all night, that only eliminates him from *direct* involvement. It could still be quite possible that (were something going on with some of the POI individuals), that he knew precisely what was going on, and was an indirect actor in the events of the night.

All the POI remain on my internal list. Can't eliminate them, or say they had any involvement at all. In fact, I still entertain the random abductor as a possibility.

This interests me. Given that a POI might have info vs. be a potential perpetrator, perhaps JW could have been indirectly involved with what went down ... like LS trying to obtain something for them to share when they did get together, ZO confronting CR about something unrelated yet relevant since LS was friendly with him, etc. Or could he have done something small that ended up having a ripple effect?

I'm also wondering if LS had spent time with CR between Indy and the night she disappeared and, if so, did JW know about it and was he comfortable with that?

Like you, I can't see how any POI can be ruled out at this stage.

Jealous boyfriend meets up with Lauren in alley and they argue,something goes wrong.
Possible scenario.

How did he find her and how/why did he do so in the 2.5 blocks between the corner of 11th and college and the entrance to SW? Without being noticed by JR or anyone else on Btown's main street and given what we've been told about the geography (that you can't wait at 11th and college for someone to appear)?

How/why did he find her there (wherever there is) without ever attempting to enter SW (which would be captured on camera and probably reported by multiple people) or 5N (which would be reported by other POIs)? And when LS had no phone? Note that any contact between those at SW and him would be reflected on his phone.

And what happens next? Who else is involved/knows? If no one, how does he do it alone? Remember the facebook picture - he isn't much bigger than LS, so this is not a big, strong guy. How does he get in and out unnoticed and get back in time and in a state sufficient to make everything seem normal for his roommate who he drives to class at noon, for HT, who he gets the keys from 2 hours later, for LE, who he files the missing persons report with 1-2 hours after that, and for LS's parents, who he calls?

If others know, why are they (or all of them) a) protecting a murderer, and b) risking criminal prosecution and possible jail time in the process?

Either way, how does he do this without doing anything that would make LE talk him up (or not call him 'cooperative'), like recording suspicious messages on LS's phone or using his car (if it has onstar, for example; how does he keep evidence of her off the car?) or leaving prints?

PS Why is there no evidence that he was seen anywhere that night? Where are the people talking about problems in their relationship? Where are the people talking about how he always seemed like a bad guy, or jealous, or angry, or violent? Why are the other POIs not pointing fingers at him?

How did he find her and how/why did he do so in the 2.5 blocks between the corner of 11th and college and the entrance to SW? Without being noticed by JR or anyone else on Btown's main street and given what we've been told about the geography (that you can't wait at 11th and college for someone to appear)?

How/why did he find her there (wherever there is) without ever attempting to enter SW (which would be captured on camera and probably reported by multiple people) or 5N (which would be reported by other POIs)? And when LS had no phone? Note that any contact between those at SW and him would be reflected on his phone.

And what happens next? Who else is involved/knows? If no one, how does he do it alone? Remember the facebook picture - he isn't much bigger than LS, so this is not a big, strong guy. How does he get in and out unnoticed and get back in time and in a state sufficient to make everything seem normal for his roommate who he drives to class at noon, for HT, who he gets the keys from 2 hours later, for LE, who he files the missing persons report with 1-2 hours after that, and for LS's parents, who he calls?

If others know, why are they (or all of them) a) protecting a murderer, and b) risking criminal prosecution and possible jail time in the process?

Either way, how does he do this without doing anything that would make LE talk him up (or not call him 'cooperative'), like recording suspicious messages on LS's phone or using his car (if it has onstar, for example; how does he keep evidence of her off the car?) or leaving prints?

PS Why is there no evidence that he was seen anywhere that night? Where are the people talking about problems in their relationship? Where are the people talking about how he always seemed like a bad guy, or jealous, or angry, or violent? Why are the other POIs not pointing fingers at him?

The answer to most of these questions, of course, is we don't know. I believe JW's involvement is unlikely, but I think I'd be remiss to exclude him completely, and I think thats where our only point of contention is coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects