GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the downstairs neighbor. He could have an airtight alibi, like he was getting married the week before and then on his honeymoon the week Lauren was found. I don't know anything, I just know that there is such thing as an airtight alibi....or maybe he is a solid POI. Who knows....I just want to know now!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with ya! :rocker:

OK, I'm going to jump in with this RUMOR!!! RUMOR!!! And guess I'll get zapped if I'm out of bounds, but thinking it's ok.

I heard a RUMOR that someone reported seeing Lauren out and about town, I think at a nightspot or bar, on that Saturday night. Not earth-shattering or uncommon type of rumor in this kind of case, I know, but I've only encountered it once and just wondered had anybody else heard this.

Seems plausible -- it was Saturday night and all.

OK, I'm going to jump in with this RUMOR!!! RUMOR!!! And guess I'll get zapped if I'm out of bounds, but thinking it's ok.

I heard a RUMOR that someone reported seeing Lauren out and about town, I think at a nightspot or bar, on that Saturday night. Not earth-shattering or uncommon type of rumor in this kind of case, I know, but I've only encountered it once and just wondered had anybody else heard this.

Seems plausible -- it was Saturday night and all.

I heard she was out on Friday night. I haven't heard about Saturday night. Intriguing, if true. I wish we knew where she was supposed to be hanging out.

Just posted it above!

Are you in Macon now?

Delayed by a day. We are all packed with everything we can haul down there. Waiting on the morning before we hit the road. Moving furniture and boxes from about 3 places to about 3 different ones. Fun times!

I heard she was out on Friday night. I haven't heard about Saturday night. Intriguing, if true. I wish we knew where she was supposed to be hanging out.

Someone could have easily gotten Friday night and Saturday night mixed up, I guess. Yeah, wish we did know location, whenever it was.

But if she WAS out Saturday -- that would sure put a little different spin on things.

I'm concerned too. Just seems like if they had enough evidence LE would have had a press conference and released enough info to calm the public. It's difficult to believe that she could have been dismembered in those apartments without the FBI finding lots of forensics. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

In NC search warrants are released to the public after an arrest. Is that the case in GA?
Well, this legal stuff makes my head spin... but, here it is :)
http://www.gfaf.org/resources.html
http://www.gfaf.org/red_book.html

I watched the FOX News interview and I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn said LG did say in the email that she was afraid due to the attempted break in. I can't find a transcript. Has anyone else seen the transcript? This seems like a real contradiction.

Wheeler, in a Monday e-mail to The Telegraph, wrote that the exact wording of Giddings’ final e-mail is “not something we will be sharing” now.

Wheeler, during the “NewsTalk Central” interview Monday, did, however, say that her sister, as has been speculated, had not expressed any concerns for her safety at the apartments.

“And she didn’t say that in the e-mail either,” Wheeler said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1651895/police-da-set-meeting-on-giddings.html#ixzz1TtwFJhL4

regarding the bolded part:
Sure sounds like the email may be a good prospect to have some real significance. I myself have pondered over it quite a bit, from several different angles.

One of them: If Lauren did write it, just what did happen that made her think there was an attempted break-in?

Delayed by a day. We are all packed with everything we can haul down there. Waiting on the morning before we hit the road. Moving furniture and boxes from about 3 places to about 3 different ones. Fun times!

Been there, done that!! Travel safely!

Do you even have a source for this rumor? The locals have been allowed a little more leeway than usual regarding rumors, but it has gotten out of hand.

From now on, please do not post rumors without background information to substantiate them. And as always, if you are in doubt, pm a mod BEFORE you post. WS is a moderated message board, and only admin and moderators make the call on what is okay to post.

Sandstorm I went back to try and find your theory post, but got tired of looking.

I'm really conflicted about how McD could have subdued Lauren. She was a healthy, athletic young woman who I imagine could defend herself quite well. What did you come up with for a possible scenario?

I was looking over some of Sandstorm's post, also, Knox. Didn't find the one you're talking about, but I came across the photos of the refrigerator again, and it still stands out to me how they dusted it from top to bottom.

fridge-1.jpg

http://media.macon.com/smedia/2011/07/13/19/15/42wNi.SlMa.71.jpg

The refrigerator is actually bigger than I thought. Some apartments have the smaller ones which is what I was visualizing.

Yes it is covered in dust Bessie! Did you see the photo's from inside Lauren's apartment? I know it was said they had to borrow luminol, wonder if they had to borrow fingerprint dust too?

Do you even have a source for this rumor? The locals have been allowed a little more leeway than usual regarding rumors, but it has gotten out of hand.

From now on, please do not post rumors without background information to substantiate them. And as always, if you are in doubt, pm a mod BEFORE you post. WS is a moderated message board, and only admin and moderators make the call on what is okay to post.

Sorry, really thought I was in the clear or I wouldn't have gone ahead. Guess I understand the process better now!

My source was a friend here in middle Georgia, though I'm not sure that person didn't get this off one of the local news site comment sections, because we had been talking about those right before this came up.

Sorry for the trespass, again.

edited to add: I think in my case I will clear any rumor posting with you! But, just to understand, exactly what is meant by your words "background information to substantiate them"? Do you just mean the source or ...?

I did see them, Knox. They dusted extensively, which you would expect in the victim's apartment. Not so much in a neighboring apartment.

3Doglady, I was taken aback myself when I saw it is a full sized refrigerator. Like you, I was picturing something smaller.

Sorry, really thought I was in the clear or I wouldn't have gone ahead. Guess I understand the process better now!

My source was a friend here in middle Georgia, though I'm not sure that person didn't get this off one of the local news site comment sections, because we had been talking about those right before this came up.

Sorry for the trespass, again.

edited to add: I think in my case I will clear any rumor posting with you! But, just to understand, exactly what is meant by your words "background information to substantiate them"? Do you just mean the source or ...?
Thanks. That's a fair question. Questions to ask would be: 1) Is there factual information to support the rumor? 2) Is the source someone you feel confident would know the facts? 3) If it's something you read, can a link be provided so others can read and judge for themselves?

I did find this story. Still searching to see if this is repeated somewhere else.

Thanks, Knox! If you do find something else stating that date, wow, that's Saturday night. So it might not be just a rumor...

I did find this story, it's repeated in many different outlets.

Puzzling though, didn't LE say last seen was at the drive-thru at Zaxby's?

Yes, that's what caught my attention when I heard it as a (I thought) rumor -- hadn't heard it before! I don't recall it ever coming up on these threads--do you?

Of course, it could be a mistake in the date that got picked up and repeated... . A little earlier, PsychoMom posted she had heard that LG was out on Friday night.... I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member