Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Jessica's father a member of the military as well?

Cannot remember where I read that.

Interesting side note.

I found this article and it states that her father was retired from the navy.

Ms. Lloyd grew up near CFB Ottawa and her father was retired from the Navy. He died of cancer when she was 13. Air Force personnel at the funeral wore black arm bands and fell in line with officers from several police forces. Her brother said she wouldn’t agree with how the local military are being viewed by some members of the community.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/news/brighton/article/148348

IF RW is guilty of these crimes and possibly more---what motivates a person to do such crimes?

I have been researching and some come from dysfunctional and abusive backgrounds (eg Paul Bernardo). But my gut is telling me that some are just born to be evil. Why? I don't know---there are so many things that can go wrong---they are just bad seeds. One thing I read was that when they are teens ---they will start having fantasies that are abnormal such as violent, sadistic sexual fantasies. Then they get bold enough to act them out. They know this is wrong so they do everything to hide it. Also when they are caught they are devastated --not for what they did to the victims but just because they were caught.

Poor family and victims!

IF RW is guilty of these crimes and possibly more---what motivates a person to do such crimes?

I have been researching and some come from dysfunctional and abusive backgrounds (eg Paul Bernardo). But my gut is telling me that some are just born to be evil. Why? I don't know---there are so many things that can go wrong---they are just bad seeds. One thing I read was that when they are teens ---they will start having fantasies that are abnormal such as violent, sadistic sexual fantasies. Then they get bold enough to act them out. They know this is wrong so they do everything to hide it. Also when they are caught they are devastated --not for what they did to the victims but just because they were caught.

Poor family and victims!

Fats it keeps me awake at night thinking about the motivation behind these types of crimes. Dysfunctional family life as a child? Abuse? Cocky calculated killer? Was it in fact a serial attack, or was it someone so desperate to get away with murder that they killed again in an attempt to frame someone else? No matter how hard I try I cannot make sense of it. I feel horrible for the families involved. My brain has run around in circles for weeks. And we may never know WHY it happened, only that it did, and many lives were needlessly effected. Kind of turns my stomach but there is still a desperate need to understand.

Fats it keeps me awake at night thinking about the motivation behind these types of crimes. Dysfunctional family life as a child? Abuse? Cocky calculated killer? Was it in fact a serial attack, or was it someone so desperate to get away with murder that they killed again in an attempt to frame someone else? No matter how hard I try I cannot make sense of it. I feel horrible for the families involved. My brain has run around in circles for weeks. And we may never know WHY it happened, only that it did, and many lives were needlessly effected. Kind of turns my stomach but there is still a desperate need to understand.

Fats and pinkeye ... we can discuss psychopathy 'til the cows come home, but we probably won't figure out that which even psychiatrists don't have a complete understanding of.

"Mask of Sanity" by H. Cleckley is a good read.

A few years ago, I started toying with some thoughts on psychopathology and was re-reading my old notes today. I boiled it down to one main question .. "What is that one tiny link that allows one to kill for survival due to primal instinct and another to kill simply for thrill or self-gratification?"

I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or trained professional, but I do have my own overly-simplistic pet theory that I think answers my own question ... basically relates to under-development of the frontal lobe where empathy develops during and after the teenage years.

For some good light reading, here are some google hits that relate to my own theory:

+"studies in psychopathy" +empathy +"frontal lobe" - Google Search

Other than that, I'm just sitting around waiting for a tsunami ... just another lazy day here on the Coast ;) :woohoo:

not important info, though thought I'll just post it here :
Gennis got to know the couple over the last few months during the construction of their semi-detached homes in Ottawa, where Williams' wife Mary-Elizabeth Harriman works.

“You'd be grateful that she's your neighbour,” he said of the Manitoba native who works as associate executive director of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.

Gennis said he was just about to make an extra key for the couple so they could check in on their house while they're on holidays next month.

He said that his 17-year-old daughter was particularly taken aback by the allegations against Williams. “She knows the crimes have to do with sexual assault and she's scared.

“She doesn't exactly want to be alone in the house.”
http://news.therecord.com/article/668359
Poor woman, she should change her name, sell her houses and Tweed country home and drive off in the Mercedes back to Manitoba.
http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/rnr/1600835543.html

Williams’s wife, Mary Elizabeth Harriman, has been assigned a “full-time” military assisting officer to “help her through the myriad of administrative procedures,” said O’Keefe.

“The Canadian Forces’ position is that she, too, is a victim in this and our hearts and sympathies are with her as well as with any other Canadian family that has been affected,” he said.

O’Keefe said Harriman “had no idea” of what has been alleged. “I have spoken with her briefly. She’s an admirable and remarkable lady. She’s handing things very well, considering, and I would hate to be in her position.”

“They were like any dedicated married couple.”

O’Keefe said he believes Williams will continue to be paid, pending the outcome of the criminal case.

O’Keefe says he oversees 1,000 cadets in Kingston, and has told senior cadets that the case is “not a reflection on the Canadian Forces.”

He says he told them to “hold your head up high, wear your uniform with pride and understand that we are a microcosm of Canadian society.”
http://www.yourottawaregion.com/news/article/621183--colonel-charged-in-murders-makes-court-appearance

Dotr posted this Toronto Star article on some other threads. Nothing much new here, except the insinuation that the Cozy Cove Lane cottage was a crime scene (from the photo's caption r.e. the crime scene tape). I believe he must have brought her there since the neighbours want to see that house plowed down.

The article states that Jessica was found on Cary Road near Jones' hunting camp.

Question: Does yellow police tape always have "crime scene" on it or are there different types of police tape with other print on them?

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...der-charges-fuel-rumours-on-cosy-country-lane

Dotr posted this Toronto Star article on some other threads. Nothing much new here, except the insinuation that the Cozy Cove Lane cottage was a crime scene (from the photo's caption r.e. the crime scene tape). I believe he must have brought her there since the neighbours want to see that house plowed down.

The article states that Jessica was found on Cary Road near Jones' hunting camp.

Question: Does yellow police tape always have "crime scene" on it or are there different types of police tape with other print on them?

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...der-charges-fuel-rumours-on-cosy-country-lane

I have seen Police Line Do Not Cross Tape as well as Crime Scene tape

http://www.masoncity.net/UltimateEd...Police_Crime_Scene_Tape_09-03-2009_033154.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2194435613_ac937565e0.jpg

In the above post from the Star, there were some other interesting facts that escaped me the first time. Jones mentioned that Williams would use a remote controlled camera to film birds. I wonder if that is what Williams used to be absolutely sure that the homes he broke into were empty or to be sure that the women were asleep and alone. He could have planted this camera in Jessica's home and waited nearby with a monitor to view when to enter the house.

From the window of his garage, which is tricked out with a full bar, Jones has a clear view of Williams' home. He would see Williams work his remote-controlled camera to photograph birds.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...der-charges-fuel-rumours-on-cosy-country-lane

I am not familiar with this type of technology at all or how it works but if Williams could do this then he may have used a video camera in the same way. JMO

Also, Jones states that the police were looking for a strong hairless man. This must mean that the women he assaulted were able to convey to police this valuable piece of disturbing information. :(

In the above post from the Star, there were some other interesting facts that escaped me the first time. Jones mentioned that Williams would use a remote controlled camera to film birds. I wonder if that is what Williams used to be absolutely sure that the homes he broke into were empty or to be sure that the women were asleep and alone. He could have planted this camera in Jessica's home and waited nearby with a monitor to view when to enter the house.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...der-charges-fuel-rumours-on-cosy-country-lane

I am not familiar with this type of technology at all or how it works but if Williams could do this then he may have used a video camera in the same way. JMO

Also, Jones states that the police were looking for a strong hairless man. This must mean that the women he assaulted were able to convey to police this valuable piece of disturbing information. :(

Less hair = less evidence left behind...

Filming birds, LOL. Yes, that's an expression from England!

Perhaps the lingerie thefts were part of this. Break in, plant a pinhole camera/audio equipment, steal underthings. All the better to stalk you with, my dear.

I believe what they are talking about is a small wireless shutter remote that allows you to set up your digital camera and walk away. I don't believe they are talking about video recorders, but still pictures....Here is a quote from AMAZON.COM website....

# Slim wireless remote instantly triggers shutter without disturbing camera
# Ideal for subjects that are difficult to approach or for minimizing vibrations

Amazon.com: Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control for Nikon D40, D40x, D60, D80 & D90 Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

That's just creepy knowing how some of the pictures of victims were likely captured. I sold digital cameras for a while not so long ago, and while they have remotes that work on camcorders I don't think that they were exactly his cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy