Child Bride Raped

ttrachel04

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/07/10/newton.yemen.child.bride.cnn

These parents handed their ten year old daughter over to a man over 30 years old. (aka a pedophile!!!)

And then they're shocked that he forced her to have sex !?!?

Apparently this is not uncommon in Yemen, and seen as a 'way of assuring' the young daughter's future.

This ten year old girl managed to escape, and got a divorce (even though the court made her pay the husband $200). She's one brave kid.

This is a really sad story. Everyone needs to listen to the tape before commenting on this thread. What a sad and misinformed country this place is. :(

This is not the first story of this type that I have read. I dont care what country or what culture, its still paedophilia by any other name:mad:
Common sense alone tells you a child is a child is a child!!

This is not the first story of this type that I have read. I dont care what country or what culture, its still paedophilia by any other name:mad:
Common sense alone tells you a child is a child is a child!!
Oh, I agree...but did you listen to the tape? That way of thinking needs to be changed. :eek:

Oh, I agree...but did you listen to the tape? That way of thinking needs to be changed. :eek:

I so agree. Only when you change the thinking, do you change the behavoir in any lasting and meaningful way.

More parents who don't deserve their children.

I wish more could be done in other countries to help girls. they seem to be considered disposable in so many places. then again we aren't doing so well in the us.

btw the legal age of consent in most arabic countries for girls inside of marriage is 9. not sure how u can knowingly consent at 9.

terri

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back