The Theater and the Shooting

IMO this timeline doesn't allow the time to put on tactical gear, get weapons, do whatever one has to do to the gas things to get them in a "live"/"armed" state.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Well, he could have had everything on except the head gear before he made the call.

Well, he could have had everything on except the head gear before he made the call.

If he was already in tactical gear, it adds another layer to the question which would now be:
"How is it possible that no one noticed the tall guy with the buggy eyes and the most awful looking orange dyed hair in America who happened to be dressed like a SWAT team member?"

Do I have this right? A lot happened in few minutes. The chaos must have been unbelieveable.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...tic-first-minutes-of-aurora-colorado-shooting

At 12:05 the movie starts. He goes in and sits in front by the exit.
AT 12:15-12:20.Phone in hand leaves the theater Gets in car, drives to darker more secluded area in the shopping center. Gets dressed,arranges guns for easy access leaves and drives and parks the car again at theater 9. I really think it's less than 5 min to do this.
At 12:31, the phone call is made - (the phone call is hesitation)
At 12:31- he waits, sitting in the car (hesitation). He finally gets out of the car and enters the building.
At 12:39, gas is released in the theater, shooting happens in Theater 9, bullets also fly into Theater 8, some people run out Exit door to 8, 12 killed/58 wounded, gun jams, JH goes outside, sees people out there, chases them back inside (via theater 8 exit door), gets himself locked out and then heads to his car to wait.
At 12:45 Police dispatch notes suspect in car.

This sounds like some of the links someone posted about dyphoric mania where people described just wanting to kill a bunch of people. No sense in any of it. No need to kill everyone--just wanted to shoot off a few rounds to feel better or something. (I don't really know anything about dyphoric mania or hearing voices--do people report that after they do the terrible things the voices say, do they somehow feel "better"?) Ugh. Sad for victims (all of them).

dyphoric mania - I've been looking at this today and I don't think it's what's wrong. It's much more than that. I do think he's schiziod or it is schizophrenia.

dyphoric mania - I've been looking at this today and I don't think it's what's wrong. It's much more than that. I do think he's schiziod or it is schizophrenia.

I read one of the blog of a woman that have this disorder

http://bipolarhappens.com/bhblog/bp...ia-ive-got-to-get-out-of-here-i-hate-my-life/

But I’ve never had a lot of dysporic mania which is probably why I missed this off and on six week episode.

For weeks I said I was unhappy, miserable, bored, worn out and sick of my work. I kept saying, “I just want to get out of here. I want to leave Portland. I’ve got to get on a plane and leave this awful life!” My therapist said, “I’ve never seen you this bad Julie. You’re negative about everything. This isn’t you!” I said, “Yes, it is. You don’t understand. I’ve got to get out of here!”
A week ago I woke up and felt truly stable. I simply got out of bed and did my thing without a struggle and that’s when it hit me.

It was dysphoric mania – sneaky and deadly.

I’m glad it’s over. And I’m glad I didn’t get on a plane like I have so many times in the past.

If he was already in tactical gear, it adds another layer to the question which would now be:
"How is it possible that no one noticed the tall guy with the buggy eyes and the most awful looking orange dyed hair in America who happened to be dressed like a SWAT team member?"

Good point, HC. I'm just not convinced he was "Cell Phone Guy." I think CPG could have been someone entirely unrelated. Coincidence. Someone's eyewitness account said that they saw the door kicked open.

Good point, HC. I'm just not convinced he was "Cell Phone Guy." I think CPG could have been someone entirely unrelated. Coincidence. Someone's eyewitness account said that they saw the door kicked open.

I absolutely agree. There is absolutely nothing in evidence, witness statements/interviews or leaked info in which Holmes is identified as being in the theatre prior to the shooting.

Btw in the timeline we forgot to allocate time for Holmes to shave the goatee, get taller and other modifications Holmes would need to do to match the description of cell phone guy.

Thinking about the timeline and reread this (Lucero was in a different theater):

Sophomore integrative physiology major Jared Lucero, 19, was at the movie theater the night of the massacre and was shocked to hear that a former CU student was the suspect.

Lucero arrived approximately 15 minutes before Holmes and parked his car behind the theater where Holmes supposedly parked. Lucero’s car, now a part of the crime scene, was impounded for three days.

"arrived 15 minutes before Holmes"??? Anyone have an idea what this could mean? Or is it just reporting license... How does anyone know when JH arrived?

http://www.cuindependent.com/2012/08/27/summer-2012-news-that-shook-colorado/34765/

Thinking about the timeline and reread this (Lucero was in a different theater):

"arrived 15 minutes before Holmes"??? Anyone have an idea what this could mean? Or is it just reporting license... How does anyone know when JH arrived?

http://www.cuindependent.com/2012/08/27/summer-2012-news-that-shook-colorado/34765/

A couple things:
- The article is from the college newspaper and the article coincides with students returning from summer break; in this case my guess is the sophomore whose car was impounded said it and the writer didn't double source it.

- Also, with the various reports of Holmes activities ranging from him parking behind the theatre upon arrival to moving the car after determining the theatre the film was being screened to moving the car right before the shooting; who knows when he arrived... And who knows why LE felt it necessary to break/shatter the car's back side window if Holmes was arrested without incident....

A couple things:
- The article is from the college newspaper and the article coincides with students returning from summer break; in this case my guess is the sophomore whose car was impounded said it and the writer didn't double source it.

So, I'm the sophomore who parked in the back. I arrived about 15 min. before JH. How do I KNOW this to say it to a reporter? Am I hanging out in back, waiting for CPG to let me in? He does eventually, but no one notices me sneak in AND I've been out back waiting long enough to SEE JH arrive?

Somebody should make a timeline of the whole shooting minute by minute. I started one at one time, but it got confusing.

If JH's went into the movie theater before the movie started, he would have had to line up early with the crowds to be assured of getting a front row seat by the exit door.

I not sure anybody would have paid attention to somebody wearing tatical pants...they are really just pants with bunches of pockets in them.

So, I'm the sophomore who parked in the back. I arrived about 15 min. before JH. How do I KNOW this to say it to a reporter? Am I hanging out in back, waiting for CPG to let me in? He does eventually, but no one notices me sneak in AND I've been out back waiting long enough to SEE JH arrive?

I guess I took the sophomore's 15 minute thing more like "yeah it's crazy, I parked in the back and probably got there like 15 minutes before the joker dude"...

I could be wrong but it just read to me like something a college student would say being interviewed about anything for the first time..

If JH's went into the movie theater before the movie started, he would have had to line up early with the crowds to be assured of getting a front row seat by the exit door.

I not sure anybody would have paid attention to somebody wearing tatical pants...they are really just pants with bunches of pockets in them.

Good point about pants. I'm not sure about the seating. I think the front row would be the last to fill.

Good point about pants. I'm not sure about the seating. I think the front row would be the last to fill.

Remember that Corbin said he was surprised that phone call guy chose to sit in the front row- this seat selection made got him noticed by Corbin which leads me to conclude there were many better seat choices available. Then again Corbin couldn't id Holmes as phone call guy...

Why do you have a scope installed on your rifle if you're was going into a dark theater. Had he not yet chosen the venue?

Why do you have a scope installed on your rifle if you're was going into a dark theater. Had he not yet chosen the venue?

Yes, he went back to the store July 1 to have the scope installed. Good point! He didn't have night vision goggles or anything like that, right?

You know, I always thought it was weird that he paid extra from 2 day shipping on his Tactical Gear purchase on July 2. The rush order didn't make sense. Maybe he had something else in mind and it fell through. (Note, it didn't arrive in 2 days--or rather he didn't sign for it until the 5th). I wonder if he was planning something for the 4th of July originally. Anything else major happening between the 4th - 6th in Aurora--esp university-related?

http://tacticalgear.com/news/colorado-shooting/
On July 2, 2012 TacticalGear.com received an order from James Holmes, the alleged shooter in the Colorado theater massacre. His order included an urban assault vest, two magazine pouches and a tactical knife spending a total of $306.79. Mr. Holmes elected to pay an additional $15.63 for UPS 2nd Day Air to expedite his order. We processed this order as any other, and Mr. Holmes signed for the associated package on July 5 at 2:21 p.m. local time.

Yes, he went back to the store July 1 to have the scope installed. Good point! He didn't have night vision goggles or anything like that, right?

You know, I always thought it was weird that he paid extra from 2 day shipping on his Tactical Gear purchase on July 2. The rush order didn't make sense. Maybe he had something else in mind and it fell through. (Note, it didn't arrive in 2 days--or rather he didn't sign for it until the 5th). I wonder if he was planning something for the 4th of July originally. Anything else major happening between the 4th - 6th in Aurora--esp university-related?

http://tacticalgear.com/news/colorado-shooting/

Hard to say, but maybe a reasonable shipping fee for (an unreasonable)someone, anxious to check out their new stuff, plus with presumably no real plans of ever having to actually pay it anyway....??

Hard to say, but maybe a reasonable shipping fee for (an unreasonable)someone, anxious to check out their new stuff, plus with presumably no real plans of ever having to actually pay it anyway....??

But then why not get "next day air"?

http://tacticalgear.com/shipping-policy

Tactical Gear Shipping Methods

Free Shipping: We feature free shipping for all orders over $60 within the continental United States. Orders utilizing free shipping will be shipped via the least expensive method possible. Shipping times may be up to 10 business days in duration depending on the distance, carrier and items purchased.

UPS Ground: A flat rate of $7.99 is charged for all orders shipping via UPS Ground. UPS Ground shipping within the continental United States will take between 4 to 6 business days in transit and is fully insured and traceable.

Expedited Shipping: Expedited shipping options, which are listed below, are available for an additional fee during checkout.
•UPS Next-Day Air - Delivery within 1 business day for orders placed by 10AM CT M-F.
•UPS 2nd-Day Air - Delivery within 2 business days for orders placed by 10AM CT M-F.
•UPS 3-Day Select - Delivery within 3 business days for orders placed by 10AM CT M-F.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back