Alec Baldwin

I don't care for him as a person, but I find him absolutely brilliant on 30 Rock.

This is a nice thing to do.

Maybe I am mistaken but, doesn't the military help pay for college after your time is up?

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And, we've learned, the tape could cost Baldwin his visitation rights.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went bersek on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an *advertiser censored* of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the *advertiser censored* who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your *advertiser censored* out."

"This crap you pull on me with this *advertiser censored* phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

www.tmz.com You can listen to the actual message at the link. :eek:

I can't stand him. I hope he's slapped hard for this crap. Poor little girl - no one should have to listen to their father talk to them that way.

I should say - I'm not a big fan of Kim's either. I think it's disgusting how this poor girl was put in the middle of all their crap. That said, I think Alec REALLY crossed the line. I'm glad he won't be making the trip tomorrow to see her.

In no way am a fan of Baldwin. I think he and Basinger have made a hash of parenting their daughter, and their very public battles are deplorable.

On the other hand, after listening to this, and I am ashamed that I listened to it, I think it is disgusting that anyone released this to the media. I have to guess it was Basinger, and I think it was a low and dirty thing to do, airing this publicly. I actually think that, other than the cuss words used, he was fairly calm, but unmistakeably angry.

I have 3 kids, and I have lost it with them, and said things I should not have said, or reacted in great anger. I am sure I have said things that rival his angry tirade. I have apologized later, and expressed my remorse at my lack of self-control, but I can't say this tape is any worse than my worst angry tirade dished out as a parent.

Do we know what had transpired betwee him and his daughter prior to this phone call?

imho

Wow! Great parenting skills this idiot exhibits. I can't believe how immature and threatening he is. No wonder she doesn't want to talk to him. I know that I've lost my temper at times, but to call her a thoughtless PIG!??? Because she missed his call? I mean come on....Realistically, that kind of tantrum is something I would expect of a childish teen, not a man in his 40-50's talking to a 12 year old.

Sandra, I've gotten mad at my kids too, but I think the thing that really shocked me listening to this tape was him calling his daughter names. Never, ever, have I done that with my kids. And, trust me, there have been times I could have. :silenced: :innocent:

I use to think Baldwin was a nice looking man in his younger years and I liked him. I can't stand him now... He looks mean and old... sad :(

This makes me so sad, although I am not surprised since his temper is legendary. I have always disliked him as a person, but respected him as an actor. 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows.

Wow. I'm surprised. NOT!

I have said things to my kids in anger but not like that. I think he crossed the line and if that is how he interacts with her, no wonder she doesn't want to talk to him. I wouldn't either.

He crossed the line.

On the other hand, after listening to this, and I am ashamed that I listened to it, I think it is disgusting that anyone released this to the media. I have to guess it was Basinger, and I think it was a low and dirty thing to do, airing this publicly. I actually think that, other than the cuss words used, he was fairly calm, but unmistakeably angry.

I'm glad it was released to the media. I think he made Kim's life miserable before their divorce and he continues trying to dominate everyone around him. He's abusive and needs to be stopped. If public humiliation is the only way to show this moron's true colors, so be it.

I'm glad it was released to the media. I think he made Kim's life miserable before their divorce and he continues trying to dominate everyone around him. He's abusive and needs to be stopped. If public humiliation is the only way to show this moron's true colors, so be it.

The tape could have been given to the judge without being released to the public.

You don't think an 11-year-old finds the public exposure more embarrassing and even worse than the original message?

The tape could have been given to the judge without being released to the public.

You don't think an 11-year-old finds the public exposure more embarrassing and even worse than the original message?

My guess is this has happened many times and his daughter is at the end of her rope. She's getting to the age (it's usually 12-14) where she can go to the judge and request to be with her mom permanently. I would guess that's what this is leading up to.

Sorry, forgot to add that there's NO WAY I'd be meeting with him tomorrow.

Nova, I don't know who released the tape to the media, but I sure don't believe in protecting scum like Alec Baldwin. His daughter is probably already embarrassed by being related to the creep.

Nova, I don't know who released the tape to the media, but I sure don't believe in protecting scum like Alec Baldwin. His daughter is probably already embarrassed by being related to the creep.
I'm not a fan of Baldwin's either, but I think that Bassinger is just as much scum in this situation for releasing the tape. IMO, she must have attached a copy to the motion she filed to put an emergency halt on Baldwin's visitation rights. The daughter probably didn't know this was going to be used like this and will be horrified to find it public. Thanks Mom!

I can, however, see Baldwin's point of view. My ex-husband would call whenever he felt like it to speak to my son even though we had a "calling plan" in place. I never had a problem unless it upset my son about something he said (one time he told him eating meat would kill him). However, when my son would go for visits with him, my ex would not comply with the plan when it came to my phone calls. My son was either not there (where would he be in a town where he knew no one but his father), asleep or they would not answer. Sometimes it would be several days before I could talk to my son. This would really upset me, but I would try to contain myself and never loose it in front of my son. Just saying, both Baldwin and Bassinger obviously know how to push each other's buttons and seem to delight in doing so. IMO this is a battle for total control over the child and they would both like the other out of their lives for good.

Man, having divorced parents is hard enough without your own father calling you names. He definitely stepped over the line. Is he a known alcoholic or drug-user?

You watch. She's going to grow up and get into a bunch of bad relationships because of the way her parents have been all these years. Poor thing.

It irritates the crap out of me when separating parents don't think about the child(ren) first.

I'm not a fan of Baldwin's either, but I think that Bassinger is just as much scum in this situation for releasing the tape. IMO, she must have attached a copy to the motion she filed to put an emergency halt on Baldwin's visitation rights. The daughter probably didn't know this was going to be used like this and will be horrified to find it public. Thanks Mom!
I don't understand what you're saying. You say that Kim Bassinger released the tape to the court (as she certainly should have!). Then you insinuate it's her fault that the tape was made public. How so???

IMO this is a battle for total control over the child and they would both like the other out of their lives for good.
Maybe so. Or maybe his daughter doesn't want to see him because of his verbal tirades. After hearing him unleash his fury on the child, I wouldn't blame her.

can't stand Baldwin,or his siblings--they're all worthless,but he's the worst--I would never watch any movie at all if he was in it--I do like Kim Basinger--NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN,BLIND DATE,THE REAL MCCOY,and last year's film THE SENTINEL--She's great

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back