GUILTY UK - Arsema Dawit, 15, stabbed to death, Waterloo, 2 June 2008

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Stabbed to death in her school uniform: Girl, 15, knifed 'at least 10 times in front, back and neck'

A teenage girl was brutally stabbed to death in a lift just yards from her front door as she returned home from school today.
The 15-year-old, who was wearing her uniform, was knifed up to 10 times in the frenzied attack in a block of flats near London's Waterloo station and was dead when paramedics reached her.
Her body was discovered by a woman and her eight-year-old daughter at 3.45pm when they pushed the button to call the lift to go up to their flat.
The girl suffered at least 10 stab wounds to her neck, front and back. She is the 31st teenager to be murdered in Britain this year.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ool-uniform-Girl-15-knifed-10-times-neck.html

I'm telling you all, life in Britain today isn't something i want to experience.

poor child. :(

The brutal murder is the latest in a spate of teenage stabbings in the capital which demonstrates the growing epidemic of knife crime in Britain.

The "lift" is the elevator? This is horrible! The poor girl and the poor mom and daughter that found her. I think I would freak out:eek:

So sad, may she rest in peace,

Salem

I'm telling you all, life in Britain today isn't something i want to experience.

poor child. :(

My husband is English, and he'd agreed with you entirely. Growing up in Essex, he had a school friend who was killed when she was only 17 by a perfect stranger who drive by and shot her, just because he felt like shooting someone. The guy was 17 as well. When he was at school one afternoon, some kids from another school a few blocks away drove up and started shooting through the classroom windows... and this was in an ordinary, middle class neighbourhood!

As an adult, he has moved as far away from the UK as he could get, and nothing could convince him to move back or raise a family there.

I'm sure there are parts of Britian where that doesn't happen, but it is so scary hearing the number of stories about children being murdered, or murdering others.

For some reason the British have decided not to punish criminals and to make self defense a crime itself. The end may be near for their society.

I believe it's on the cusp, . i have no desire to ever return as things are in that country now.

My husband is English, and he'd agreed with you entirely. Growing up in Essex, he had a school friend who was killed when she was only 17 by a perfect stranger who drive by and shot her, just because he felt like shooting someone. The guy was 17 as well. When he was at school one afternoon, some kids from another school a few blocks away drove up and started shooting through the classroom windows... and this was in an ordinary, middle class neighbourhood!

As an adult, he has moved as far away from the UK as he could get, and nothing could convince him to move back or raise a family there.

I'm sure there are parts of Britian where that doesn't happen, but it is so scary hearing the number of stories about children being murdered, or murdering others.

I feel there aren't parts of Britian where that doesn't happen, actually.

my memories of Britain are of a time long, long gone. :(

you couldn't pay me to go there as things stand.

as i have said, things are far from perfect in Germany, but i'm not scared to walk the streets here. there's some semblance of law and order.

Murdered schoolgirl, 15, was 'stabbed to death by stalker she met at church'

A schoolgirl who was stabbed to death in a lift at a block of flats was allegedly murdered by a stalker, it was revealed today.
The attacker was lying in wait for 15-year-old Arsema Dawit as she returned home from school and stabbed her more than 10 times after cornering her.
It is believed that he had met her at a church group and had become obsessed with her after she rejected his advances.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...girl-15-stabbed-death-stalker-met-church.html

Simply tragic. i he must never be allowed into society ever again.

sadly, that probably isn't the reality. :furious:

btw, police ignored warnings Arsema had a stalker. and the security doors on the apartment block had been broken for nearly two years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ignored-warnings-harassed-church-stalker.html

it's every man, woman, child for themselves these days. :furious:

For some reason the British have decided not to punish criminals and to make self defense a crime itself. The end may be near for their society.

True, .
Well, it's been nice knowing you all! LOL

What the h#ll is wrong with the police there? The woman tells them a man is stalking her 15 year old child and they can't do anything??

What the h#ll is wrong with the police there? The woman tells them a man is stalking her 15 year old child and they can't do anything??

I know this part of London quite well - both where the flats are and where the church is. My sister lives about 3 miles away. It's a rough area with a lot of crime and poverty. I don't go out at night on my own when I go to my sister's house - not even to the shops after 6pm. A boy was shot dead in the flats at the bottom of her road last year. That was gang related. The police should have done something to protect this girl. I hate to say it, but I think it's another case of indifference by the police towards an immigrant family.

I do have a number of reliable friends I can count on though: Colt, Glock and Browning.

Shame decent people in Britain can't count on them. :(

I know this part of London quite well - both where the flats are and where the church is. My sister lives about 3 miles away. It's a rough area with a lot of crime and poverty. I don't go out at night on my own when I go to my sister's house - not even to the shops after 6pm. A boy was shot dead in the flats at the bottom of her road last year. That was gang related. The police should have done something to protect this girl. I hate to say it, but I think it's another case of indifference by the police towards an immigrant family.

I think you correct. :(

First picture of schoolgirl 'stabbed to death by church stalker'

The family of a schoolgirl allegedly stabbed to death by a stalker she met at church repeatedly told police she was being harassed but were ignored, it was claimed today.
Arsema Dawit's mother went to police several times for help to stop the obsessed man bothering her daughter but was told they could not do anything to protect her, according to a family friend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-schoolgirl-stabbed-death-church-stalker.html

Yes, she was beautiful. :(

yes, she had her whole life in front of her. :(

There seems to be a lot of conflicting statements being made by "sources".

Hopefully, this will not turn into another Stephen Lawrence type of investigation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Lawrence

Someone should definitely start getting answers:

Senior officers will want to know:

• Why the 21-year-old who allegedly stabbed Arsema was not identified and spoken-to by police in the month after her family-complained that he was harassing her.

• Why it took officers 12 days to interview Arsema in detail about the allegations after she and her mother first went to police.

• Exactly how many times Arsema's family complained to police about the harassment.

• What actions were taken to protect her from the stalker.

more at link:
http://tinyurl.com/3urctv

This is such a sad story.Arsema was said to be a really dedicated and hard working girl by people who knew her.

Apparently the police here are claiming theat Arsemas mother gave them incorrect information about Arsemas stalker which held up their enquiries. They are also trying to establish whether there was ever anything between victim and attacker.

I do have a number of reliable friends I can count on though: Colt, Glock and Browning.

Well said , even though I really enjoy introducing my two fists first. I would never hesitate to call on Misters Smith and Wesson.

, you may not believe this, but, there is a substantial population over here who would like to see a decrease in the amount of guns that the poliss are allowed to carry. Plus a decrease in the illegal guns that citizens carry. Plus a crack down on knives.

After Dunblane, the gun llaws were tightened. Quite a lot of Brits liked that. It's probably why there are so many more knife attacks. Britain is a whole lot smaller than USA. The whole British Isles could fit into one of your medium size States. Could you imagine the amount of killings that would take place if we had your gun laws? You're right about hell & a handbasket though. I have to give you that. Sad day. Some people are quite seriously worried. Me included.

'If I can't have you no one can': Chilling texts sent to stabbed schoolgirl weeks before her death

Arsema Dawit, 15, allegedly received one chilling message warning: 'If I can't have you any more no one can have you.'
Within five minutes of her murder, a sinister message was also alleged to have been sent to a male friend of the former choirgirl, saying: 'You have taken my love, the love of my heart, I hope you are happy now that she is dead.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hoolgirl-sent-chilling-texts-weeks-death.html

Why do you assume that killings would go up?
Good question! I'm not sure really. I just thought that if all the baddies had guns they would be more tempted to use them. A gun allows them to distance themself from their victim. They wouldn't have to have any physical contact. It would be easier than stabbing, clubbing, kicking or headbutting. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

From September 2014:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-29043388

Arsema Dawit, 15, was killed in a "sustained" attack in a block of flats in Waterloo in June 2008, a jury heard... Her ex-boyfriend, Thomas Nugusse, later confessed to the murder but could not be tried because he suffered brain damage in a prison suicide attempt...

In evidence read in court, Ammanuael Tesfazgi, a deacon of the church at the time, said in May 2008 Nugusse came to him to tell him he was in love with Ms Dawit, but she told him she "could not accept his request because her main aim was her education"...

In 2009, a jury at the Old Bailey was not permitted to return conventional innocent or guilty verdicts and instead found that Nugusse had "committed the acts." He was given an indefinite hospital order.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back