UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is O/T, but I always wish a NG or JVM show would have a 2 hour special or something to go over the missing persons and murder cases they've covered all year to give an update....just something quick to either get info out there for unsolved cases or just what's up with cases where they have suspects, trial results, new info, etc.

Is there a clue in the interview with Josh when he said something like…
“We went South to the”

If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing how deeply rooted religious beliefs are there, do you think they may be having trouble being objective?
If there was some proof that Susan was across state lines, alive and against her will or not alive, then the FBI could become involved, right?
No... JMO

"Kirk Graves, who is married to Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer, has said in previous media interviews he wouldn't be surprised if Joshua Powell is arrested in connection with the case."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

The above article has some interesting tidbits...

If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.

But the point to my question was that IMO it looked to me like
at first Josh said "We went South to" and then changed it to
some place North.
After the reporter started to question him is when he came up with
the "Pony Express Trails" and IMO they would be considered North.
So was the "South" a slip up?
If it was then what is South?

Anyone researched possible screen names used by Josh and/or his father in the past?

As long as he stayed on the main highways, he'd be able to go out of state in a short amount of time. The state does a great job at clearing the roads here. It's rare that anything shuts down because of snow. In fact, I can only think of two times in twenty years the schools shut down because of snow.

My thought is that he would NOT drive with a body in the car for 6 or 7 hours and risk being stopped by a trooper or being seen in a deserted area to be recognized later on, after her disappearance becomes public news.

I still think he didn't venture too far from home, to a place he had already been before.

About he putting 200 miles in the car, I'm surprised LE didn't have a tail on JP (being that he was suspected - the reason why his van was taken in the first place.)

According to Josh's real estate website, one of his hobbies is landscaping design...hm.

I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

Good point. I've never set up a fan to dry a wet spot on the carpet either. I have used a hair blow dryer to dry a spot. Just reading your post makes me think about the fans being used to conceal, and then I shudder.

Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.

Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

The main thing to further this case along if to FIND SUSAN.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)

Bold mine.

Thanks for the chuckle. :crazy:

That picture of Josh getting into the white van, that amandareckonwith posted a few pages back...there was a female in the passenger seat, with what looked like shoulder length hair. That wasn't his sister, cuz she has long hair...was it Kiirsi? If not, who was it?

Go back frame-by-frame on the vid. There is no vent on the van roof, what you see is the roof of the home in the background.

I thought so too (vent) but when you do stop frame, it isn't a vent.

eta:
3-7.jpg

5-4.jpg

Here are the pix.

Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.

Josh is such a proven geraphobic.....I can't even see him having sex.
It's a wonder he had 2 sons. IMO, he probably was into something he didn't have to touch........LOL, IMOO

for those interested.....Issues with JVM is getting ready to report on Susan Powell's case right after their break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22