TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
iluvmua --

I apologize that I didn't mention you had posted about Anne. Thanks again for bringing that case to my (our) attention. I'm going to have to do some reading.

Here's the Hinson case about the 17 year old girls who survived:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=38089

(It was a courtroom debacle, though) I feel so badly for the two teenagers and their families.

THP: "we are trying some new tactics this morning" as witnesses report heavy police presence in the Myracletown Rd area

http://twitter.com/willnunley

I think there is some additional "new direction" they don't want to discuss. That street is slap outside Parsons, between Natchez Trace Park and a National Wildlife Refuse, a few miles from a regional airport. And it isn't a main road.

I really don't think the THP would set up some random roadblock on a whim.

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a crime scene analyst and professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said the new evidence has given the search a direction.

He said, "Now we have a vector, that is a directionality. She was abducted from the home. They find the lunch box. They know that either the suspect or the suspect and the victim were headed in a direction. So now they can focus their search around that box, that area."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml#ixzz1JylgoMnA

eta..IIRC, they've already done that & have now moved on?

She is listed on Missing and Exploited Children site as well...I mean, fine, more exposure the better, but she is 20, she is a woman.

I think there is some additional "new direction" they don't want to discuss. That street is slap outside Parsons, between Natchez Trace Park and a National Wildlife Refuse, a few miles from a regional airport. And it isn't a main road.

I really don't think the THP would set up some random roadblock on a whim.

Isnt that where the RSO who was just arrested from? They have him and his car, possibly they are after a friend of his?

When the cops have their normal random DUI roadblocks here half of the people they catch they get becuase the cops are watching to see who turns around or tries to avoid the roadblock...

She is listed on Missing and Exploited Children site as well...I mean, fine, more exposure the better, but she is 20, she is a woman.

In a sense yes, but still her brain isn't fully developed...that takes another 2-3 years....kind of in the limbo land between late adolescent and woman really, but yes, commonly she'd be referred to as a woman. I know how much my daughters have changed between her age and where they are now.

iluvmua --

I apologize that I didn't mention you had posted about Anne. Thanks again for bringing that case to my (our) attention. I'm going to have to do some reading.

Here's the Hinson case about the 17 year old girls who survived:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=38089

(It was a courtroom debacle, though) I feel so badly for the two teenagers and their families.

Not a problem. If you watch Lifetime Movie Network and happen to see a movie called "Taken in Broad Daylight", it is about Anne's case.

Interesting Article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055199-504083.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

According to CBS affiliate WREG, Governor Bill Haslam authorized the state to add $50,000 to the $25,000 reward previously offered.

According to The Commercial Appeal, Governor Haslem said of the somewhat unusual move, "In this case the district attorney involved asked us to, and he made a convincing case they thought it would be very helpful."

Praying for Holly to be found today. I wake up every morning expecting to find news that she was found. Hopefully today is the day.

I have been following this case with the rest of y'all. My comment is Why do these pages for missing children/adults seem to always turn into something worse..not about the actual missing person? I just don't get it. Where is Holly? That is the only thing that these pages should be about. I have been following Hailey Dunn too and its the same thing. These things seem to bring out the worst in people. Lord please bring Holly home safe.

I think it's an appetite for scandal. Holly is quite beautiful, and very well liked. She has a cousin who is equally beautiful and well on the way to becoming a celeb . Maybe some local nobodies are jealous?

I think it's an appetite for scandal. Holly is quite beautiful, and very well liked. She has a cousin who is equally beautiful and well on the way to becoming a celeb . Maybe some local nobodies are jealous?

I think they've already ruled out that Holly was taken because of who her cousin is.

Sorry, don't want to get all "psychic" or anything. Some of you were relating that you had dreams about Holly.

Yesterday, while doing research, I posted that the word "Honeymoon" had entered my mind. This a.m. I'm getting this word again, only it's: "What about the Honeymoon?"

From the first time I read about Elizabeth Shoaf several years ago, I knew I had read that she somehow convinced the abductor that she was in love with him. Only yesterday I could not find that information.

Today, I have in this article:

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2008/03/07/4374426-what-elizabeth-shoaf-did-right

Captain David Thomley

She was the captive but he became the victim of a reverse Stockholm syndrome. Elizabeth pretended to care about him as a person. He fell in love with her and began to think that he would have a life with her.

I figure this is the "Honeymoon" I'm thinking about.

Just trying to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member