LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why minus physics? If the truck in fact hit her from behind (so both Mickey and the truck are headed the same direction) physics tell us the bike goes under the truck and Mickey, more than likely goes on the hood / windshield.

I know. I know! maybe the truck backed up? maybe Mickey is in the road out of view? :twocents:

Y'know thrown out of view?
maybe it's a red herring?

I am not disputing others views at all only stating mine. My girlfriend was hit in 1st grade. The bike was under the truck. She was in the school waiting for EMT's. No scratches in road. MUCH smaller bike! But it was jammed under the truck! She was thrown! Not bleeding just a few goose bumps on her face!
She spent 2 weeks in ICU due to closed head injury!

I'm a nurse "not a physics pro"! Often I have seen scenes where the rules of physics didn't weigh out! That is what the investigators are for.
IMO the bike may be there... and she was off camera for what ever reason.

I know. I know! maybe the truck backed up? maybe Mickey is in the road out of view? :twocents:

Y'know thrown out of view?
maybe it's a red herring?

I am not disputing others views at all only stating mine. My girlfriend was hit in 1st grade. The bike was under the truck. She was in the school waiting for EMT's. No scratches in road. MUCH smaller bike! But it was jammed under the truck! She was thrown! Not bleeding just a few goose bumps on her face!
She spent 2 weeks in ICU due to closed head injury!

I'm a nurse "not a physics pro"! Often I have seen scenes where the rules of physics didn't weigh out! That is what the investigators are for.
IMO the bike may be there... and she was off camera for what ever reason.

I know. It's crazy. I don't see her, per se, just some blurry areas. I can't not see the bike though. Now, with your girlfriend being hit in first grade, how high up the rider goes is related to their height. The dummy in the article I linked was just about Mickey's height. If the rider is t-boned, it's a completely different scenario as to where they end up. Same thing if they're 3.5-4ft tall, like my first grader. Probably thrown forward.

Call me crazy! You won't be the first...
This requires an open mind!

Just SAY a bike is under the truck... minus physics ~ strange things do happen.
LE needed this pic out there BUT not in it's original form.
So they BLUR... erase... whatever it is they do NOT want us to focus on. (assuming the public will not question it.)

Maybe it was a backpack she lost thinking it was secured to her bike, maybe it was more.

I see Something in front of the R front tire about 1/2 the size of the tire... AN something behind it! IF LE can lie during an investigations as they see fit is it inconceivable that an edited photo might be what we are seeing?

IMO I saw it the first time i viewed the pic... still do!
my eyesight isn't what it used to be... My mind says "NO WAY!"
My GUT says "come on it's there fool"

I pray we may KNOW SOON!

If I understand the point that you are trying to make, LE has blurred/obscured the picture so that Mickey can't clearly be seen under the wheel of the truck.

IMO, if LE had definitive proof on that video that Mickey was run over at that spot, they wouldn't show the truck. Instead, I can see them issuing a statement along these lines:

"We have proof, using video surveillance from the Circle K, that Mickey was hit from behind by a truck, and then abducted by the driver. We are looking for a white Chevy Silverado..." etc

I just believe that a statement giving identifying details of the truck, and perhaps a generic picture of an identical truck, would have been used, rather than an edited picture of the truck in the act of running over her. MOO

Ha one more , one more last thing before I go on vaca and I am going miss all you sleuths!

If that was the last frame of the video, last sec, maybe she could be under the truck and dragged for portion of the way until it was a quieter area. You all might be able to change my mind, Because if it didnt happen there it probably happened short there after!!!

I want to share that I think I see a woman driving the truck. jet black hair with a receding hairline or a short afro, or a guy that fits this description but I see a reflection on both ears possibly indicating earrings. She/He is looking down to the right like texting or something, I can almost see facial features. White shirt. I see two feet in passenger side up on dash. Most important point is that passenger lounging and driver not looking ahead.

I like the Zee Dee tool box posted. I think that is probably real close and I saw some similar ones that GMC makes. real similar. I think it is chrome and the white show through is actually the wide wheel well very distorted. I hope when i get back Mickey is back too! She really does have the face of an angel and she has got my prayers. All of you do too.

The video at the LCG building is not continuous video. Watch the LCG traffic cameras. See how the vehicle/road shots are taken every few seconds? It's not like watching a home video camera. We don't know the shot increments. So, Mickey and the Truck might only appear once (entering the shot from the left) or twice (another shot where we see her) on the video, or only once. Otherwise we would have a Hooptie shot right there, instead of another camera. The camera increments are spaced at length obviously and have not recorded everthing.

I think the truck photos are cropped in because the video/photo expert is bothered by those odd images by the tire too, thinks the same as we do and zoomed in to tweak it and identify it... and can't. That is why they released it, because they figure if they can't say it is 100% neither can we. You can only enhance pixelated video so much. They had great difficulty identifying Mickey, and her family only identified her by her stance and her hair color, basically. Again, I challenge you to take a screen shot of a LCG traffic cam pic online, then import it into a photo editing program. Can you see any clearer? I can't.

Now, I said I was getting off here.. but I can't. We have a missing girl in Sacramento. :(

I missed that the LCG camera is not continuous feed. That makes even more sense now. I'm still not letting go of her being alive.

If they hit a bike, they are kind of involved...
All speculation but.....
Well yeah but they wouldn't know it until days later when msm starting reporting she was missing.....if they ran it over and didn't know what they hit (black bike in dark on dark colored pavement) and circled back to see what it was and it wasn't there (because perp went back and picked up every piece) they might not have any clue what that bump was that they hit until they saw pics of their own truck as voi on the news.......and by then they'd be so scared to come forward for fear of being accused......le made it real clear that they wanted the driver for questioning as a possible witness.......IMO if they were looking for that truck with a strong feeling that was their perp they'd release every detail.....moo

But LE has seen the whole tape of her riding by. I mean the tape doesn't stop here. LE would have seen the collision on the balance of the tape.
ETA: If there was a collision in that spot in front of the camera there would be a tape of the entire thing. There would be no mystery. Remember this is just 2 separate stills that have been linked together in a most misleading way. There is more footage before after and during in increments that would have captured something like that.

What am I missing?

It doesn't make sense to most of us either. We just cannot seem to figure out why it looks like the bike light under the truck. The light looks exactly like the bike light and it doesn't appear to be part of the truck itself. It looks as though it is on the ground.

I've heard it speculated that perhaps the video camera only catches an image every minute as it passes this particular frame. One minute she is there and in the next frame the truck is. Being of poor quality LE released the still before they were enhanced enough to see what happened.

If it is a continuous flowing video of this section of street then they would have seen everything as it happened. But then I would think they would have released a still of the truck a few feet ahead of where it is so that we could make out whether it is an extended cab or crew cab truck. It seems odd that they would take a still of a partially obstructed vehicle of interest if the road is clear ahead of it.

If I understand the point that you are trying to make, LE has blurred/obscured the picture so that Mickey can't clearly be seen under the wheel of the truck.

IMO, if LE had definitive proof on that video that Mickey was run over at that spot, they wouldn't show the truck. Instead, I can see them issuing a statement along these lines:

"We have proof, using video surveillance from the Circle K, that Mickey was hit from behind by a truck, and then abducted by the driver. We are looking for a white Chevy Silverado..." etc

I just believe that a statement giving identifying details of the truck, and perhaps a generic picture of an identical truck, would have been used, rather than an edited picture of the truck in the act of running over her. MOO
Picture is not only blurry whether that was intentionally done by le or because of the poor quality of the camera an couldn't be helped........BUT IT IS CERTAINLY CROPPED!

Ok. If a bicycle is hit fom behind by a vehicle, more than likely the rider goes backwards over the vehicle, or on the hood/windshield the roll off on side closest to impact. However, loose items (glasses, purse, etc) are usually found closest to sight of impact.

Check this out:
http://www.collisionsafety.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Bike-crash-trajectory-SAE-900368.pdf

"In our particular set of tests, the cyclist was carried onto the hood of the car and struck the lower portion of the windshield - at or below the midpoint of the windshield - at velocities between 15-20 mph (24-32 km/h). Where the cyclist was astride the cycle as if he were standing and only one foot was on the pedals, the center of the impact damage to the windshield was at or below the base of the windshield itself.
At velocities between 20-25 mph (3240 km/h), the center of the impact area seen on the windshield is found at and above the vertical center of the windshield. For impacts above that velocity, the center of the impact area is found more toward the top of the windshield and onto the roof at the leading edge of the roof line."

I think Mickey is on top of the truck, in the truck bed, or on the passenger side on the ground. I think there is someone blurred out looking under the front of the truck. Probably the driver, bc the door is open. I think I see skin tones of the passenger in the truck, bc it looks like a face and a scoop neck shirt looking down and kind of behind the truck. The bright lights in the back are parking lights. Whoever blurred out the person in the front of the truck missed the bike light. There is a VERY good chance of surviving this accident.

I have looked at this picture a lot. It wasn't until I took a screen shot of the video that was pointed out on one of the CNN shows as having a much clearer picture with my iPad. Holy cow! Well, is it ever!! I thought people were crazy seeing some of this things. Also, you can see that the tailgate is down. The truck has a black bedliner. Chrome handles or whatever down the side, and a regular chrome tool box in the back. This truck hit her! This truck also goes back down st Landry, presumably with her. I am convinced!!!

Also, as far as the clerks or someone seeing this in the circle k, the clerks back would be at an angle to st Landry. No one, unless they were pumping gas or outside would have seen anything.

The article is long, but it's fact. Bike accidents happen fast, driver leave the scene without anyone else seeing. They generally DON'T take the rider, nor the bike!

That CNN video is great, isn't it? I looked at it on my big screen and paused to see the detail. They did a great job making the pic clear. It answered a few of my questions.

It's very late but I can't sleep after catching up on this thread and thinking of Mickey alone somewhere. I've seen something under that truck since the first time I saw that picture, before I knew anyone else thought they saw it. I tried convincing myself otherwise but I can't shake it. Suppose LE did, as some have suggested as a POSSIBiLiTY, blur out the photo so that they weren't releasing some gruesome scene to the public...what do they seek to gain by that? I'm legitimately asking: What was the benefit of releasing a grainy photo of a truck that may or may not be involved? People on WS who have dedicated endless hours to it, can't seem to agree on the exact make, model and details of this truck. How is the rest of the general public, who may or may not give a second thought to this case, supposed to make anything of it? Why not say, "we are looking for the driver of such and such a type of truck who was out cruising Lafayette at 2 am." ??? Does the picture really help? I'm glad we have it but I'm just wondering....is there something else in that photo that we are meant to see and focus on instead? Is it a message from LE to the perp?
I don't know, all my opinions. Just had to get it out.
I'm sure someone way more logical than myself will have a really logical answer :)
All MOO!!!

Is it a message from LE to the perp?

respectfully snipped

Yes. :)
Not- "we know what you did"
But- "we can't see what you did, because our evidence is poor quality"

-"So you don't need to hide or hide your truck, because we got nothing. Feel free to drive to work and home, let us stop or follow you and find Mickey"-

I am of the belief MS was out of view and bike Alone under truck...

Maybe she hopped off the vomit? Was standing beside bike in lit area for whatever reason?
my brain hurts :eek:fftobed::

Tip o' the day!Don't forget to state "in your opinion"(moo,jmho) so that people (like me) don't get confused.LOL. I thought you were stating it as a fact in your first post but I am on board now. Opinions are good!
But would be curious as to the location of the bush you think is missing. There is so much artifact in those pictures I am curious to see to what you are referring. TIA.
I am sorry I want to help you but I do not know how to post pics. Gimme a minute and ill try to figure it out.

Pic of Mickey on bike in front of circle k.......has bush in parking lot like right in front of camera. Also includes 3 trees that look like crate myrtles along the road .....a fire hydrant and another light post right on the corner.
Shows all the way to the corner of the street.....more of the parking lot and view closer to almost right underneath camera
Truck pic includes ......no bush in the parking lot....only two crate Myrtle type trees less area of parking lot .....doesn't show all the way yo the corner......yeah I know it is zoomed. Seems like they'd enhance the blur to show more detail instead of zooming and making it more blurry.

Will try to post the pics in a sec.....or links or samptin.....to help explain myself.

Tank you fir being interested......lol

I'm hoping the police catch this guy. I bet they know who he is and are waiting for him to reenter the country or something? Can ex felons still recieve passports and visas easily? I'm thinking this guy has a rap sheet for terrible crimes similar to this one.

I'm hoping the police catch this guy. I bet they know who he is and are waiting for him to reenter the country or something? Can ex felons still recieve passports and visas easily? I'm thinking this guy has a rap sheet for terrible crimes similar to this one.

If they knew who he was, they would not wait on the hopes he would return. They would go after him.

Tip o' the day!Don't forget to state "in your opinion"(moo,jmho) so that people (like me) don't get confused.LOL. I thought you were stating it as a fact in your first post but I am on board now. Opinions are good!
But would be curious as to the location of the bush you think is missing. There is so much artifact in those pictures I am curious to see to what you are referring. TIA.

Mickey on bike ....
http://www.katc.com/images/mickeybike.jpg

Truck pic....... (VOI...cropped)
http://www.katc.com/images/newtruck.jpg

And also other truck pic from same spot (I think this vehicle has been ruled out but I am not certain and would like for someone to set me straight on the subject)

http://www.katc.com/images/news/2012-06/Truck.png.jpg
(and this one is cropped/zoomed in to show even less....count the bushes etc....)
MMMKAAAAAY.........SUBJECT OF THIS POST IS THE CROPPING OF THE IMAGES!!! CERTAIN DETAILS NOT INCLUDED IN VEHICLE PICS..... I THINK WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT AND TRYING TO ENHANCE IS THE PICTURE OF MICKEY.......SEE WHAT WE CAN MAKE OF THE BACKGROUND AREA FROM ACROSS THE STREET LIKE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF UNIVERSITY......IN SHADOWS IN RIGHT AND LOWER AREAS OF THE PICTURE......IN THE BUSHES AND ETC.....TRUCK PICS DO NOT SHOW *ANY* OF THAT AND WE KNOW LE SEES THE WHOLE PIC .......I THINK THE ANSWERS TO A LOT OF OUR QUESTIONS LIE IN WHAT LE HAS CROPPED OUT!

COW SAYS WHAT?? EXACTLY!

(MOO)

chicken fried search in the Vermillion, early on. More peeps searched, later, and someone here said they found a can of mace.

A few pages back, someone asked: "Was the bayou searched?" That left me scratching my head since half of Louisiana is under water! The whole southern part is bayous (and alligators!!!) all over the place.

I think it's time for me to call it a night lol
The right wheel in the second pic is a man's face with a full
head of hair, looking somewhat down!!!
That's it for me and the pics!!!!

If they knew who he was, they would not wait on the hopes he would return. They would go after him.
if he works offshore he has a twic card and if he has it on him in his wallet or his house they can pinpoint his location anywhere in the world....

I deleted the last message so as not to blow the margins.
How do I start a thread for Linnea Lomax, missing since yesterday?
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindLinnea
A thread was started already in Missing Information and Support. That's a non-discussion area strictly for posting updates.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177189"]CA CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June, 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'll open one in the discussion forum, too.

ETA: discussion thread for Linnea Lomas

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8098005#post8098005"]CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June, 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member