Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember them saying she was a runaway and in hiding... the authorities that is. I also remember when the FBI added her on their site... kidnapped. Neither agency has officially changed their stance, at least from what I remember. I thought Clint was told she was alive in Mexico at least according to his mom.

A crime did occur, there are adults involved somehow.

Things have changed I guess. Clint was told a year and half ago that Hailey was dead.

Her dads surname was Ostrander yes. He was murdered yes but I think the description given to you may have been over dramatised by the man a bit.
Well I got the idea he was wound up about it, and perhaps a little dramatic, just shared what he said so maybe we could find the truth. I also have been looking and so far found no articles, will go to the archive in Snyder at the library and look next time I am there. JFWSI

How do we post a pic nere ? I found the pic of BD at the Mushroom Head, but not sure how to link it here. TIA

The problem with what all these people are saying after the fact is that LE clearly stated in the affidavit that they established that BD left CC at 6.20AM (both from records and witness interviews). They also stated that SA was at work at 6.00AM, and left at about 6.10AM (again, based on records and witness interviews).

So all these later stories, no matter the source, can't be correct. It would require either SA or BD to be physically in two places at once, which is impossible.

The affidavit could be inaccurate - as long as they had reasonable cause to write it, could they get in trouble for inaccurate information in it?

I don't know, but I think she was moved. I have no reason to think that other than just a gut feeling.

Sorry to quote myself --- but, it's a gut feeling along with so many searches. I was convinced she was buried inside one of those huge pipes or whatever, never to be found again. If these remains weren't 'buried', then I think she had to have been moved after the early searches. But from where? JMO

The problem with what all these people are saying after the fact is that LE clearly stated in the affidavit that they established that BD left CC at 6.20AM (both from records and witness interviews). They also stated that SA was at work at 6.00AM, and left at about 6.10AM (again, based on records and witness interviews).

So all these later stories, no matter the source, can't be correct. It would require either SA or BD to be physically in two places at once, which is impossible.

So Billie Shawn and the co worker and Mac are all lieing? Personally I would say that LE checked out peoples versions more and found that the story of the co worker simply wasnt true. As for it not being possible i know of many people who have done work on the pings and they didnt understand before how it all added up. With the new information out many of them have said it adds up perfectly now :)

With so many searches, I figured it would have been searched by now. It was not buried per Sparky.

I don't think it is HD, I also think they know who she is with. Just can't find them. JMO

The problem is theres just no evidence to suggest that Hailey ran away.Just the opposite really although to be honest I wouldnt have blamed her if she had of ran away.

Sorry to quote myself --- but, it's a gut feeling along with so many searches. I was convinced she was buried inside one of those huge pipes or whatever, never to be found again. If these remains weren't 'buried', then I think she had to have been moved after the early searches. But from where? JMO

There were air searches but the problem is the area is so vast it would have been like looking for a small dot in a landscape. Some areas of it at least I have been told were covered but not all of it. I also believe that Shawn moved Haileys remains to protect himself from Billie trying to frame him.

Or he knew he was not staying longer than needed to return what didnt belong to him, and left it running to keep it warm for him self when he returned? I don't see why there would need to be a passenger.

That's what I said. Mac asserted that it was for a passenger, but my interpretation (in the post you replied to) was that the most we can assume is that he knew he would not be inside long, and we do not have any "proof" there was a passenger. Just like you said, if he knew he would not be inside long, he may have left the engine running so he'd return to a warm car.

I don't know, but I think she was moved. I have no reason to think that other than just a gut feeling.

This weekend I was catching up on 48 Hours and there was a story about David Jackson, who was killed in 1988 and ID'd MUCH later. After he was convicted, the man who shot him stated that they'd initially dumped him in a field, but when they later learned a Walmart was being put at that location, went and retrieved what they could find, which was ribcage, spine and pelvis. During construction, some of the other bones were found, and were unidentified for many years (near 20?).
Is there any area that WAS desolate and has since been cleared, developed, or otherwise had an increase in activity that might have caused them to move what they could find?

I would love to know how much of Hailey's things that Billie has kept.
Not from Billie, of course, but from a truthful source.

MOO

Per Mac, the new apartment is only 2 bedrooms, hers and David's. He "wondered" where she planned to put Hailey when she was returned. He made it sound as if her furniture and everything (except the clothes that fit Billie!) was not there, though it could be stored with family or in a storage unit until she comes home.

Per Mac, the new apartment is only 2 bedrooms, hers and David's. He "wondered" where she planned to put Hailey when she was returned. He made it sound as if her furniture and everything (except the clothes that fit Billie!) was not there, though it could be stored with family or in a storage unit until she comes home.

Billie does only have a two bed roomed apartment. Clint chose some items of Haileys that were sentimental to him before Haileys things were all taken from the house. Obviously with the house having been sold there is nothing of Haileys there. Also some things of Haileys were of course given away like her bed.

There were air searches but the problem is the area is so vast it would have been like looking for a small dot in a landscape. Some areas of it at least I have been told were covered but not all of it. I also believe that Shawn moved Haileys remains to protect himself from Billie trying to frame him.

I never understood why Texas EquuSearch was not called in. I remember there being discussion about it early on, but it seems like Billie would not agree to it for some reason. It's been awhile, so I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember this?

I never understood why Texas EquuSearch was not called in. I remember there being discussion about it early on, but it seems like Billie would not agree to it for some reason. It's been awhile, so I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember this?

According to Billie TE were on the way to Colorado City and received a phone call from LE asking them not to go there.

I don't think Shawn moved Hailey, and I do think these remains are hers.

JMO

He has changed the opinion he had before taking the case on. He made that clear last week on Hyatts show.

I'm of the opinion that this case and people surrounding it, ie. armchair detectives investigating the PI, and other troublemakers in general, have almost ruined Mac's career. I'm not just guessing at this, I know it for a fact. I believe he almost HAD to "change his mind" about what happened to Hailey and who did what. By contacting Peter Hyatt, I believe he was trying to save what was left of his sullied career by trying to appear as "one of the good guys."

Lord knows I used to have an extremely high opinion of Mac, but since this case, and things I personally know...well, now, not so much.

God be with him though

I see the peter hyatt/prostitute story has been fleshed out below but want to chime in. I believe this is something Peter Hyatt began talking about when he joined the hosts of Bring Them Home Now to interview Billie, that she had supposedly told one of the hosts privately before a show. There was a big kerfuffle with Billie and the hosts because Billie had sworn she was no longer seeing Shawn and yet she was. Because of how Peter Hyatt "rounds up" in his analysis, often citing his analysis as fact, I have trouble believing if this is what was actually said to the host. I would love to hear her version. And if it is accurate, apologies to Peter. I have no doubt Billie could easily tell this story, lie or truth, to garner sympathy from this particular person not expecting it to become public.

I see merit in what Peter Hyatt does but he always takes it too bloody far. For one, he damaged the host's reputation when he shares freely something she has been told in confidence. Secondly, even firmly believing Billie is responsible or knows what happened to Hailey, this is unnecessary information to repeat about her. Her status as a victim of childhood sexual assault doesn't make her more likely to be guilty. I can't believe I am coming out to bat for Billie Jean Dunn - but this "tidbit" is way out of line IMO and is one of the first things that put me right off Peter Hyatt.

I agree with you in some respects. PH can sound fanatical at times and I'm not 100% sold on the science of his analysis. But from the beginning, he has tenaciously sought the truth of what happened to Hailey. Also called Billie out on her statements made both in the media and in private venues.

The fact that Billie hates him with a purple passion, and has tried to silence him on numerous occasions, to me says he's right on track with some of what he says happened to Hailey. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288