Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he pulled his gun when he went running into the house after hearing a scream?

I don't know any cops who would blindly run into a situation like that without pulling their weapon first as they entered. Unless of course they already knew it was 'safe' to enter.

Didn't the first witness state Drew did not have or draw his gun? I seem to recall that the 1st witness specifically stated the gun was not drawn, but I don't recall if he had it or did not.

The whole set up is creepy. If this were a real life emergency and not one that appears to be staged, the cop would not be standing outside the door chatting it up with the locksmith while civilians entered the home and went to the second floor unacompanied.

Back to reading to catch up.... thanks to everyone, including acandyrose, who pitched in when ~n/t~ had to leave for a bit.

12:55 p.m. 'They haven't laid a glove on us'

As they left the courthouse for a lunch break, defense lawyers Joel Brodsky and Joe Lopez told reporters they were happy with the judge's instruction to jurors striking disputed remarks from a neighbor of Kathleen Savio.

Brodsky said the testimony so far has done little to build the prosecution case. "They haven't laid a glove on us yet," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ed-today-on-mistrial-20120802,0,1805576.story

Respectfully snipped. Oh-good-grief. I hope the glove innuendo is in reference to boxing and not OJ and his defense team, because if he thinks for one second this trial has the audience OJ's did, he better check his out of control ego-quickly.

blech!

Brodsky said the testimony so far has done little to build the prosecution case. "They haven't laid a glove on us yet," he said.

Oh really? Then why all the crying and whining and asking for a mistrial because you were so irreparably damaged by the state?

BCBM
Post of the day! Well Thursday, as it is just after midnight here.

Love it katydid'! :rocker:

And the neighbor man knows all of the above and fears DP. I bet he blurted the comment about the bullet out without the Prosecution's prior knowledge that he would say that. We can't see inside the courtroom. Was DP glaring at him? He may just have wanted people to know what he's dealing with here. Can't say I blame him as he's had his life disrupted by all this too.

note to self - don't assist neighbors directly when asked to enter the house of their ex when they've intentionally been locked out. Ask them to call the police for assistance.

I'm sure that for Tom and Mary Pontarelli and all those who've become involved in this case by the simple fact that they knew Drew Peterson, Kathleen Savio, and/or Stacy Peterson, this case has had an impression on them that will last a lifetime.....it's something they'll never forget. I can't imagine the grief and fear. If I were the Pontarellis, I'd want to move. The house next door would be a daily reminder of the terrible events that took place there.

It would seem to me that the towel may have been placed there at a later time, no?

This is now 3 witnesses who claim to have not seen the towel. How did it get there? And when were these crime scene photo's taken and by whom?

IMO, it is possible a whoops moment came later and a towel was placed after the discovery of Kathleen's body in the tub but before crime scene photo's were taken.

that's what I am seeing here.

That's how I'm seeing it too. I think DP realized (too late) that it didn't look like Kathleen had made any preparations for taking a bath. At some point when he was alone in the bathroom and before the crime scene pictures were taken, he quickly grabbed the blue towel and placed it on the side of the tub.

What's interesting is that someone caught this and is questioning this. Perhaps some detective looking at the crime scene photos and interviewing witnesses asked those witnesses about little details in the bathroom, and noticed that none of them recalled seeing any towel or bath mat. Yet according to the artist sketch the towel is draped on the side of the bathtub - I presume the artist is depicting the crime scene photo presented in court accurately. The detective might be suspicious and is thinking "staged", so he makes a point of asking every witness who was in that bathroom that night about the towel and bath mat.

If the artist sketch is accurate, wouldn't the paramedics have had to move that towel to work on Kathleen?

The prosecution keeps bringing this subject up in questioning witnesses who were there that night, so this is an important detail that suggests a staged crime scene.

That's how I'm seeing it too. I think DP realized (too late) that it didn't look like Kathleen had made any preparations for taking a bath. At some point when he was alone in the bathroom and before the crime scene pictures were taken, he quickly grabbed the blue towel and placed it on the side of the tub.

What's interesting is that someone caught this and is questioning this. Perhaps some detective looking at the crime scene photos and interviewing witnesses asked those witnesses about little details in the bathroom, and noticed that none of them recalled seeing any towel or bath mat. Yet according to the artist sketch the towel is draped on the side of the bathtub - I presume the artist is depicting the crime scene photo presented in court accurately. The detective might be suspicious and is thinking "staged", so he makes a point of asking every witness who was in that bathroom that night about the towel and bath mat.

If the artist sketch is accurate, wouldn't the paramedics have had to move that towel to work on Kathleen?

The prosecution keeps bringing this subject up in questioning witnesses who were there that night, so this is an important detail that suggests a staged crime scene.

BBM

Thanks for posting what I was thinking! It is so obvious that the towel was part of a staged crime scene.

I didn't follow super-closely yesterday, but I don't recall anyone testifying that there was also a bath mat.

Also, if the sketch is correct, the faucet is not located anywhere near where Kathleen "fell" in the tub. I would love to know if it is located to the rear or side of the tub out of view. (My soaking tub, a larger one, has the faucet on the corner for reachability.) If so, it's the only item near her that could have caused the injury on the back of the head. It's a cut, not a bump or bruise which would probably have been caused by colliding with the smooth top.

To sustain such an injury, I would speculate that she would have had to hit the faucet from underneath, where a cut would be more likely. If she did slip and fall... and then raised her head and cut it against the faucet, how in the world did she end up drowning in the opposite direction?

Considering the fact that gool-ole Sgt. Peterson was first on the scene, I dare say I want to hear from the next officers on the scene as to what he told them. Will they break the Code of Silence?

Also, did the CSI, in their most cursory examination of the scene, photograph the faucet and check for blood? If not, where was there evidence of the location where the injury took place? IMHO, there was a weapon used and discarded.

i saw crimescene photo of Kathleen Savio in bathtub at scribd.com
is it alright to post link? TIA

i saw crimescene photo of Kathleen Savio in bathtub at scribd.com
is it alright to post link? TIA

I saw it also but wasn't sure if it should/could be posted because of the gag order so I chose not to.

Brodsky to media: ".....How do we get stuck in a truck route?....."

Answer: The Gods are smiling on us. Well, at least some of The Gods tried to spare us from your babble. Even if just momentarily.

Glenn Marshall ‏@GMarshall_Jr
Defense "we are going to object at every instance of hearsay testimony" #DrewPeterson http://pic.twitter.com/bIqwTneA

Oh brother. They act and sound like juveniles.

Beth Karas InSession
Day 4 is about to begin. Savio's sister, Anna Doman, is expected to be the first witness.

Good morning, everyone!

I know it's early in the case, but so far, IMO Drew walks away a free man. With all my heart I hope I'm wrong.

Good morning, everyone!

I know it's early in the case, but so far, IMO Drew walks away a free man. With all my heart I hope I'm wrong.

Nooooooo ugh. I want to wipe that smarmy look off his face sooooo badly.....he disgusts me endlessly. I hope you are wrong but he was a cop....he knows how to commit the perfect crimes. Bruising evidence alone tells me a lot....but will the pros bungle this like at least two othwr high profile cases i can think of?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Good morning, everyone!

Snap out of it right now! :slap:

I don't think I've ever seen lawyers as mouthy as Drew's are. Sheesh, they do press conferences morning, noon and night lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam