Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01061.jpg

and

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00871.jpg

First picture

There is a poster on the wall in background. It looks like a peace symbol with a marijuana plant? and there is a date on the bottom, it looks like it says part of Independence Day July 4th and I cant see the year. Can someone verify if that is what they see? And can someone blow it up more to see if they can read anything else, this may date the picture and if its at a club or concert identify where or who was performing.

Second picture I can see an exit sign so it definately was inside and does not look like a big place.

00871.jpg

It does say Independence Day, July 4th, and a peace symbol with marijuana plant. I can't see the date either.

http://picasaweb.google.com/primewriternews/RodneyAlcalaPhotos?feat=flashalbum#5447987691147326530

Good job! That looks like the pic.

Thanks,

the club was in greenwich village, which is where we have found other evidence he had an apartment. The club closed after a bomb blast reportedly from the black panthers March 22, 1970. The club opened in 67 so this had to have been somewhere during that time frame. Going to go see if I find anyone missing at that time that looks like her (or the girl next to her)

OMG is this her??http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/754dfny.html
It looks like her with short hair, she ran away. Height and weight definately looks right. She may have gone to that club at least one time before her disapearance. She does look young too.
I think this picture looks like the girl in the striped shirt dancing next to woman in red sweater. Is that who you were thinking, Sleuthster?

I think this picture looks like the girl in the striped shirt dancing next to woman in red sweater. Is that who you were thinking, Sleuthster?

One or the other, she does look more like the one with the stripped shirt i agree. BTW, the poster said July 4th and she disapeared July 7th! So it is possible that she went there on or after July 7th and the poster was still up.

Good work. I sort of dismissed these photographs thinking they just got mixed in with others and it was a social function.

In the first picture I thought the guy behind red sweater was holding her purse for her. You can see though in the second photograph it's probably what he kept his camera in. I think it says "gas mask". He's looking a tad menacing behind red sweater girl. In the second photograph whatever he's saying to that girl she seems to be mulling over it.

Good work. I sort of dismissed these photographs thinking they just got mixed in with others and it was a social function.

In the first picture I thought the guy behind red sweater was holding her purse for her. You can see though in the second photograph it's probably what he kept his camera in. I think it says "gas mask". He's looking a tad menacing behind red sweater girl. In the second photograph whatever he's saying to that girl she seems to be mulling over it.

From the beginning I thought that guy was a photographer. He also looks really familiar, like he could be someone famous now (a paparazzi or photojournalist?) I am still awed this morning about finding this and how this girl disappeared only days after if the date on the poster is correct. She may have had a falling out with her mom over going there and ranaway straight to alcala's lair. I am not sure which girl she is. which do you think? Even though the hair is short it looks like her to me. she could have cut her hair.

Wow, before studio 54, apparently there was the Electric Circus and these photo's are a great find as well as historical, the black panthers tie and some of the people in the pics maybe famous themselves now.

edit- looking again at what you said, it actually looks like he is using her back to write something.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01021.jpg

I am also wondering if this pic goes with the others. There are people sitting and then in the back they are standing and there is a pole like they had at clubs to keep people in a line as the waited to get into the clubs.

edit: YES yes it is. Look at the guy's tshirt. It's got the same Electric Circus emblem on the back of his shirt.

Someone had posted a copy of this poster on the general thread, post #518. Not sure how to bring this over.

It says Independence Day, July 4, 1970, Washington, D.C. Not sure if it's the same one.

OK, first post on this thread - just noticed it this morning. I feel like I've looked at thousands of pictures today!! One in particular caught my eye in order to try to help narrow down a more precise date.

Here's the pic I used (I couldn't see the year but saw July 4th):

52804720.jpg

AND then I found this after some crazy google searches:

jly4.1970.jpg

Doesn't look like a July picture to me as everyone is dressed quite warmly so I'm assuming this one is at least fall or so of 1970 into 1971. The sign/flag/banner still could have been used years later I suppose.

ETA: looks like he was on the east coast around then too though it doesn't necessarily have to have been in DC.
Anyhow, now that I got here I'll keep following.

Thanks for pointing this one out.

I found a band member online from the band sweet stavin chain (one of the bands on the poster) I emailed him to see if he can tell me anything about the pictures.

I found a band member online from the band sweet stavin chain (one of the bands on the poster) I emailed him to see if he can tell me anything about the pictures.

Sleuthster, great, great job with all of your hard work. Thank you.

If anything I'd say the striped shirt girl looks more to me Ms. Sheehy. The history of that place you pulled up is really interesting. Hoping we can find out that all these women are still among us. Thank you again.

Wasn't there something about alcala and andy warhol? Warhol had a nightclub in the basement of the same building as the electric circus. Or am I thinking of someone else famous he supposively knew?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back