5th Year Anniversary Media Blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever contacted DAVID LETTERMAN?
Reason being, I just read he graduated from Broad Ripple High School.

It is part of the Indianapolis Public Schools system.

He is late nite, but what do you think?

Good, no great idea! I think Mr. Kyle has a great sense of humor, not that I am sure he would compete with late night or a comedian, but I think he would he a fantastic guest on Letterman. Though, I'm not normally watching that kind of late night TV. Do you, or anyone think Lettermans audience would be in the right age group for those who may have known Mr. Kyle? I'm in my 40's and I recall friends watching Letterman in back in our 20's.

I want to know why Mr. Kyle had not been featured on HLN, or Nancy Grace? Which makes me think, we should have another 'start from scratch' thread on media avenues which have been contacted.

Has anyone gone to Dateline to feature BK's story?

Has anyone gone to Dateline to feature BK's story?
-------------------------------

I have contacted Dateline with BK's story. No response.

Whatever happened with the Newsweek story?

I was at Walmart yesterday, Time magazine had an issue with the 50 greatest mysteries ever.

Wondered what we'd have to do to get something like that for Ben

I was at Walmart yesterday, Time magazine had an issue with the 50 greatest mysteries ever.

Wondered what we'd have to do to get something like that for Ben
===================

Why do some stories just seem to latch onto the mind of the public?

There have been widely reported reported of people with amnesia, just in the last year or so. Then, their family member sees them and they are found.
But, it just seems like BK has had to really fight to get his story and his face out there.
I mean, it has been 5 years and 2 months.

This is exactly why I wanted to step back and revisit it all-there is a reason why this has not hit the "circuit" like the AP wire and the biggies. Clearly there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing-I am wondering if the story is being hamstrung at the LE level.

===================

Why do some stories just seem to latch onto the mind of the public?

There have been widely reported reported of people with amnesia, just in the last year or so. Then, their family member sees them and they are found.
But, it just seems like BK has had to really fight to get his story and his face out there.
I mean, it has been 5 years and 2 months.

My thought is BK is not from the area most of us are concentrating on. I live on Ontario Canada, and I have heard NOTHING about BK nor have I heard of any magazine that he was in. I learned of BK becaeu I came to Websleuths to look at the Jaycee Dugard thread and found Ben.

What about the The Learning Channel? Would they do a show for Ben? The had one on lastnight for Jaycee.
What about 20/20?
The fifth estate?
CBC News?
Oprah? (although I think her show would be on too early)
What about letters to the editor of local newspapers.. they are free.. (well here in Canada they are anyway.
Dr. Phil show was great, but, most men are at work at theat time.. and alot of women also.

The best way to get national attention... tell Benjaman to do something crazy!! Maybe get him to stop traffic by sitting in the middle of the street(on a rocking chair) with a guitar and sing until the police come...LOL.. once they come.. he can tell them he can't move because if he does, a bomb will go off... LOL.. I can see it now... BEN on the News world wide.. sitting on a chair in the middle of the street... the news flash scrolling at the bottom of the screen .. Do you know this man?? All this advertising for FREE!! LOL

My thought is BK is not from the area most of us are concentrating on. I live on Ontario Canada, and I have heard NOTHING about BK nor have I heard of any magazine that he was in. I learned of BK becaeu I came to Websleuths to look at the Jaycee Dugard thread and found Ben.

What about the The Learning Channel? Would they do a show for Ben? The had one on lastnight for Jaycee.
What about 20/20?
The fifth estate?
CBC News?
Oprah? (although I think her show would be on too early)
What about letters to the editor of local newspapers.. they are free.. (well here in Canada they are anyway.
Dr. Phil show was great, but, most men are at work at theat time.. and alot of women also.

The best way to get national attention... tell Benjaman to do something crazy!! Maybe get him to stop traffic by sitting in the middle of the street(on a rocking chair) with a guitar and sing until the police come...LOL.. once they come.. he can tell them he can't move because if he does, a bomb will go off... LOL.. I can see it now... BEN on the News world wide.. sitting on a chair in the middle of the street... the news flash scrolling at the bottom of the screen .. Do you know this man?? All this advertising for FREE!! LOL
=========================================
Zaha:
I know you are joking around.
And it is a weird kind of good idea,
but perhaps the media should be called in advance.
LOL.
err hemm...
I meant to say,
we all get tired and a little punchy
from so many thoughts and facts
and theories,
perhaps a good night's rest will help you.
(and me)

btw:
We have tried so hard to get BK's name and face out there.
But believe09 may have a point, what if LE is keeping it down?
Maybe when they are called, they are not whole hearted.
I don't know. You wouldn't think they would do that.
If they know something BK doesn't know, why not just
say, hey, Benjaman, problems!, don't know what to tell
you, but problems!
and then Benjaman could get on with his life.
He could decide he is from Canada
and register as an alien
get a ssn
and go to work.
And, of course,
live happily ever after.

I do not not not encourage breaking of any law.

But, what if BK said that he made it all up?
What if he said he went undercover to see
how homeless are treated?
What if he said he went solo to try and
document how a man can survive
with no identification?
What if he said, he now has written
a book, documenting all that
has happened to him?
What if he starts his own personal blog,
devoted to promotion of his book
and why he felt compelled
to pretend to have amnesia?

Then, he would have money.
Then, he could file self employed
income taxes.
Then, he could ask the IRS
to prove who he really is
by using their tracking system
of those who have not paid
taxes in five years. (Thank you for this suggestion) Miss Carolwood.

And then he would know!

IMHO, just an idea, not really.

Drawing attention by doing something crazy is a double edged sword-you destroy any credibility you ever had with not just LE but with the agents assisting you...ie Colleen Fitzpatrick.

In my experience, as limited as it is, I have yet to uncover a case where the police are derailing it on their level because of malice or a cover up. I am sure there are cases out there, but I doubt that this case is the one. RHPD is a pretty great department. They deal with a significant drug culture and homeless/transient population in a very professional way. They have a long history of community involvement. Their commanders are well thought of in other branches of law enforcement such as the FBI. Their position on this case is that there was no evidence of a crime, and further the ER Docs at St Jo's did not contact them with anything that changed this-imagine if you were a journalist and you were doing your due diligence, and you contacted RHPD about this dramatic story of beatings and amnesia.....what if they told you there was no beating? Would you continue with the story?

Drawing attention by doing something crazy is a double edged sword-you destroy any credibility you ever had with not just LE but with the agents assisting you...ie Colleen Fitzpatrick.

In my experience, as limited as it is, I have yet to uncover a case where the police are derailing it on their level because of malice or a cover up. I am sure there are cases out there, but I doubt that this case is the one. RHPD is a pretty great department. They deal with a significant drug culture and homeless/transient population in a very professional way. They have a long history of community involvement. Their commanders are well thought of in other branches of law enforcement such as the FBI. Their position on this case is that there was no evidence of a crime, and further the ER Docs at St Jo's did not contact them with anything that changed this-imagine if you were a journalist and you were doing your due diligence, and you contacted RHPD about this dramatic story of beatings and amnesia.....what if they told you there was no beating? Would you continue with the story?
============================================

In my defense, I was not really proposing doing something crazy.
I can only plead lack of sleep and chronic insomnia and
working on forums a lot.

I also do not think LE would cover anything up.
If they knew there was something wrong in the beginning, they would have halted any help.

And as for media and contacting LE, is that why
no one picks up much on the story?
There was no beating.?
There were no 3 blows to the head?
There were no ant bites?
There was only a man, unconscious, by a Burger King dumpster,
who was later diagnosed with cataracts and amnesia.

Is that why Newsweek has not published anything yet?
Is that why Dr Phil show does not return BK's calls?
(per BK)

So, the source of the beating, ant bites, 3 blows, is
from where?

What does the producer of the documentary say?

Is 1984 the last year BK remembers?
He said when he looked in the mirror after he woke up,
he seemed 20 years older than he thought he was.

1984:
No computers with missing person databases.
No countrywide alert.

If someone was reported missing,
sometimes nothing was done.
We hear it even today,
well, he is an adult, has a perfect
right to take off and do what
he wants.
If there was no evidence of foul
play,then nothing done.
Just family, wondering where
Uncle Ben went and if he is okay.

Sigh.
Time for a break.

============================================

In my defense, I was not really proposing doing something crazy.
I can only plead lack of sleep and chronic insomnia and
working on forums a lot.

I also do not think LE would cover anything up.
If they knew there was something wrong in the beginning, they would have halted any help.

And as for media and contacting LE, is that why
no one picks up much on the story?
There was no beating.?
There were no 3 blows to the head?
There were no ant bites?
There was only a man, unconscious, by a Burger King dumpster,
who was later diagnosed with cataracts and amnesia.

Is that why Newsweek has not published anything yet?
Is that why Dr Phil show does not return BK's calls?
(per BK)

So, the source of the beating, ant bites, 3 blows, is
from where?

What does the producer of the documentary say?

So far there is nothing other than media reports that support ant bites, sunburn and assault of any kind. Kent is writing up her notes from her meeting with RHPD-I posted the incident reports.

I do not know why Newsweek has published nothing or why Dr Phil does not return BK's calls. And I KNOW you were not recommending anything crazy or a coverup....believe me dream. I know.

Even if BK was not beaten and left, we still have a man who does not know who he is and would like to get back home, right? Personally, I would like to have a good solid well sourced story on his case that includes verified facts, and it is my understanding that this is what JamesSmith intends to do.

The media are so stupid. The real story is actually two fold; who he is-- someone who is lost in America; a human being lost in the sea of humanity, and secondly; overcoming those obstacles to be the man he is now. A huge chunk of his life is missing, yet he seems to have adjusted (as much as he can) to his life. THAT is a story. Despite everything he has been through, he still survives. With the upcoming holiday season, this is such an important reminder for people. Also, tugging on peoples heartstrings during the holidays would/should be a big media draw. People go home to their families during the holidays. Who does Ben have to go home to?

What we need to do is post on craigslist in Hollywood and New York, where there are film schools, and get a young filmmaker (perhaps someone still in school) to do a documentary on BK. His daily life, where he was found, his search for answers. That filmmaker then takes that documentary and submits to Sundance and other independent film festivals and both the flimmaker and BK would be the toast of hollywood. THAT would get some attention.

I know in one of my pet cases (see below) that the media have taken a non-interest in the case, and I am wracking my brain to see how to change that. I know others who have done nationwide walks for medical causes. Maybe we could do a nationwide walk, or nationwide hand holding for missing people. (Remember they did that in the 80's for some reason?) My gosh, if the Republicans can have their "tea parties", why can't us missing persons reseachers have our own tea party? We want to make a splash and bring attention? Have a missing persons style tea party in each city. Or meet in one city. Get NCMEC involved, doe network involved, Project Jason, Charley Project, LE, etc. I AM SERIOUS (yes, as Dream I am struggling with lack of sleep, but I am still serious).:dance:

I do not not not encourage breaking of any law.

But, what if BK said that he made it all up?
What if he said he went undercover to see
how homeless are treated?
What if he said he went solo to try and
document how a man can survive
with no identification?
What if he said, he now has written
a book, documenting all that
has happened to him?
What if he starts his own personal blog,
devoted to promotion of his book
and why he felt compelled
to pretend to have amnesia?

Then, he would have money.
Then, he could file self employed
income taxes.
Then, he could ask the IRS
to prove who he really is
by using their tracking system
of those who have not paid
taxes in five years. (Thank you for this suggestion)

And then he would know!

IMHO, just an idea, not really.

Your welcome Dream.

Your welcome Dream.
---------------------------------------------------------

I should have known it was you, remembered it was you.
I went back and edited my post, so proper thank you
done for you......
Thank you.

The media are so stupid. The real story is actually two fold; who he is-- someone who is lost in America; a human being lost in the sea of humanity, and secondly; overcoming those obstacles to be the man he is now. A huge chunk of his life is missing, yet he seems to have adjusted (as much as he can) to his life. THAT is a story. Despite everything he has been through, he still survives. With the upcoming holiday season, this is such an important reminder for people. Also, tugging on peoples heartstrings during the holidays would/should be a big media draw. People go home to their families during the holidays. Who does Ben have to go home to?

What we need to do is post on craigslist in Hollywood and New York, where there are film schools, and get a young filmmaker (perhaps someone still in school) to do a documentary on BK. His daily life, where he was found, his search for answers. That filmmaker then takes that documentary and submits to Sundance and other independent film festivals and both the flimmaker and BK would be the toast of hollywood. THAT would get some attention.

I know in one of my pet cases (see below) that the media have taken a non-interest in the case, and I am wracking my brain to see how to change that. I know others who have done nationwide walks for medical causes. Maybe we could do a nationwide walk, or nationwide hand holding for missing people. (Remember they did that in the 80's for some reason?) My gosh, if the Republicans can have their "tea parties", why can't us missing persons reseachers have our own tea party? We want to make a splash and bring attention? Have a missing persons style tea party in each city. Or meet in one city. Get NCMEC involved, doe network involved, Project Jason, Charley Project, LE, etc. I AM SERIOUS (yes, as Dream I am struggling with lack of sleep, but I am still serious).:dance:

My bold and italics...I am fairly certain Mr. Smith meets the above criteria. I doubt the focus on the story will be the more sensational aspects of it, but he can speak for himself, lol.

I've been thinking the key to solving this case and identifiying Mr. Kyle is to get his face in front of as many people as possible. I don't know those directly involved in getting Mr. Kyles story to the media, so I am posting this here in the hopes they see and read it, or those here at WS having contact with those are able to pass these idea's along.

Thinking back to two cases here in the Chicago area, Lisa Stebic and the Bradley sisters, Tionda and Diamond Bradley, both families had their missing persons info appear on the Jumbo Trons at the Chicago Bulls games and Cellular Field - where the white sox play. Thinking of this, I think it would be great to get Mr. Kyles info. A page with his current picture and age regressed pictures along with contact info at the following venues which may help.

Wrigley Field - Chicago Cubs
Cellular Field - Chicago White Sox
Busch Stadium -St. Louis Cardinals
Cincinatti Reds (don't know the name of their stadium)
(Because Indiana doesn't have a baseball team, people in Indiana would most likely choose one of the above teams.)
Colorado Rockies (? name of stadium)
Colorado Avalanch- NHL
? NFL or AFL team for Colorado
? NBA team in Colorado

Indiana Pacers - NBA
Indiana Colts -NFL

Any sports teams at Univ. of Colorado Boulder - if they have a jumbo tron style screen.

Also, any and all professional sports teams for the above cities. (I'd only approach cities outside of Colorado and Indiana for sports teams which are not in either of these cities such as baseball as listed above.)

Also the Indy 500. I've never been, so I don't know what they have, but if they too have a jumbo tron style screen I'd approach them as well.

of course some of these venues may not agree to display Mr. Kyles info, but I'm sure some would be willing to help.

Hopefully those working with getting media attention for Mr. Kyle will consider pursuing this avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine