WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or possibly the week that JB jumps ship, since the DP may be going back on the table...could the sa's office already have given him the heads up? On their decision to possibly put it back on the table?

If the death penalty is back on the table, he won't have to jump ship will he? I thought he didn't meet the requirements to represent her if it were DP. Anyone know more than what I know about what I'm talkin' 'bout?

IIRC, the last doc dump indicated it was just a piece of duct tape over the mouth area. That leads me to believe she was in a state where she couldn't tear it away; either deceased or unconscious.

-- or otherwise restrained; either physically or verbally. For example: "Don't you dare pull that off!!"

Incriminating. Premeditated. Intentional.

Fingerprints of KC would be incriminating but do not prove intent or premeditation unless little Caylee's teeth prints are on the tape from trying to bite it, or even her little fingerprints from trying to remove the tape.

Maybe LE was able to match the tape to tape found at the house. Or matching fibers, dog hair, KC's hair was also on the tape.

I think JB found out on Friday, which sent him to the hospital because it was over the top and showed him what a beast she really is. The heart shaped sticker on the duct tape sent me to the bathroom to puke and she isn't my client. Imagine having hugged her, shaken her hand and had light hearted chit chats with her. Eeew.

Poor AL. I would want to peel off my skin from every where my body touched hers. I would feel infected with evil.

Bolded by me

To me, that would be the most heartbbreaking evidence yet .....

-- or otherwise restrained; either physically or verbally. For example: "Don't you dare pull that off!!"

But the original question posed by Eulalie was if Caylee's mouth was duct taped while she was alive would that go more to premeditation or not. I think not but am really curious about what others think.

Incriminating. Premeditated. Intentional.

Fingerprints of KC would be incriminating but do not prove intent or premeditation unless little Caylee's teeth prints are on the tape from trying to bite it, or even her little fingerprints from trying to remove the tape.

Maybe LE was able to match the tape to tape found at the house. Or matching fibers, dog hair, KC's hair was also on the tape.

I think JB found out on Friday, which sent him to the hospital because it was over the top and showed him what a beast she really is. The heart shaped sticker on the duct tape sent me to the bathroom to puke and she isn't my client. Imagine having hugged her, shaken her hand and had light hearted chit chats with her. Eeew.

Poor AL. I would want to peel off my skin from every where my body touched hers. I would feel infected with evil.

(emphasis added)

I'm betting there's a lot of guys that feel just like you described. So many victims in this case. So many scars that will never completely heal.

Don't know it if has been discussed, but what if Casey truly has more than one personality and she can reveal them to anyone out of fear?

Scientific evidence at its best will only say "possibly." That's because the data base does not include a sample of all 7 billion people in the world plus everyone who has ever lived. The best it gets is "possibly" or "could." However, it is still reliable and admissable as evidence under the Rules of Evidence and that, along with the rest of the evidence is what makes or breaks a case. All of the evidence is the case; not just the results of one or more lab tests. Justice isn't that easy. That does not mean that there is a "reasonable" doubt. Legal standards for beyond a reasonable doubt can be met without a single lab test.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, CSI has badly hurt prosecution efforts. People expect iron clad proof pointing at culpability. That is not reality. It rarely happens in crimes such as this. I don't need anymore evidence in order to conclude casey is guilty. If i had been on a jury with just the evidence presented even before the body was discovered, frankly that was more than enough for beyond a reasonable doubt for me. Sadly, some people expect much, much more. Logic in this case destroys any reasonable doubt, IMO, but any additional evidence can only help.

But the original question was if Caylee's mouth was duct taped while she was alive would that go more to premeditation or not. I think not but am really curious about what others think.

I think it would prove premeditation. The only purpose in putting it on after death would be to stage a crime that didn't occur and that could have happened after any type of death, including accidental.

Premeditation can happen in the split second it takes to pick up a gun and aim it. It can certainly happen in the time it takes to get duct tape and place on a live, conscious victim.

I very much enjoy your posts and would appreciate reading your reasons for thinking it would mitigate against premeditation. TIA

You're assuming that the experts will come up with something to dispute the state's case -- I'm not. They get paid or not, as the case may be, for taking a look and more for testifying. I'm betting most are not going to testify. After this dump, I expect at least some of her experts to drop out. We likely won't know for sure until trial, when they're not called, but still, I think they will. Not everyone is for sale. That being said, I'll be snarky and suggest that HL may still testify. ;)

It's not that hard to put the spin on evidence. And from what I've heard, LKB is one of the best at it.

I'm going to take a guess and say, the duct tape will have her fingerprints, and dog hairs from the two pooches.

And to add...possibly a clue that caylee may have been alive when the duct tape was placed :(

I think it would prove premeditation. The only purpose in putting it on after death would be to stage a crime that didn't occur and that could have happened after any type of death, including accidental.

Premeditation can happen in the split second it takes to pick up a gun and aim it. It can certainly happen in the time it takes to get duct tape and place on a live, conscious victim.

I very much enjoy your posts and would appreciate reading your reasons for thinking it would mitigate against premeditation. TIA

Thanks, Lin. I understand that legally premeditation can happen in the blink of an eye. I guess something so brutal as duct-taping a live child speaks of momentary rage to me, which goes against a long planning scenario. More of an impulse thing. Overall, computer searches notwithstanding, I tend to think it was a rage killing.

Don't know it if has been discussed, but what if Casey truly has more than one personality and she can reveal them to anyone out of fear?

That's been pretty thoroughly discounted by all the TH's that I've seen. Maybe check the psychology profile threads to see what they've discussed on the topic.

Ya know, I'm not sure. In a way I think duct tape on a live child speaks of a rage killing, in the moment, although they say it only takes a second for it to be considered premeditation so...

Good point. I can see it both ways. The idea of putting duct tape on a live child seems more horrific to me, I guess. But whether that equals premeditation...ugh, it could go either way.

ETA: now, duct tape plus some toxic residue from Caylee's mouth...that would be pretty hard to explain as a rage killing.

If anyone public - media included has the docs, then the public (US) can get them too!!!

WHERE'S THE MUZIKMAN???!!

We want em now!!! :woohoo:

Oh, CBT thank you so much. And in fact, there is a child available, and they have narrowed the group of possible new parents down from 20 to 4; and they are in the four. The staffing will take place February 23. We are prayerfully nervously waiting. :)

jubilee, I'll be adding some prayers to their chances too!
Keep us posted on the process.
azwriter

It's not that hard to put the spin on evidence. And from what I've heard, LKB is one of the best at it.

I think it will be darn near impossible to put a spin on fingerprints or dna on the duct tape, even for her. Maybe the body farm tests, because they're so new or some of the other tests that have been done, but this is the smoking gun, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth