Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have been away doing holiday stuff with family all weekend. I dont think I will ever get caught up on things, so if any of these questions have been covered, forgive me.

Does MH have an attorney yet? If so do we know a name?

Do they handle Document Dumps in Ca the same as in Fl. ?

Getting back to hospital bills on MLH child. Wouldn't the father have to keep baby on his insurance if he had insurance and the mother did not? Seems a child if covered by father or state..........not mother???
Yes that's true, but we haven't heard (or at least I haven't!) about MH's daughter's father, such as where he lives, where he works or how involved in her life he is. And MH hasn't worked for over 4 yrs. so there wouldn't be any insurance through her work for that time. Somebody would have to pay for the child's medical needs, either Medicaid or the father's insurance. MOO

Hi everyone, I have been away doing holiday stuff with family all weekend. I dont think I will ever get caught up on things, so if any of these questions have been covered, forgive me.

Does MH have an attorney yet? If so do we know a name?

Do they handle Document Dumps in Ca the same as in Fl. ?
I haven't heard anything about an attorney, but I also have to rely on online "news". There's no Sunshine Law in CA and from what the Sgt. said in his news conferences, the autopsy report and warrants are sealed.

Maybe the thousands that she owed the hosp. was for her daughter. Make her sick...rush her the hosp.....frantic mom thing...attention...

How that fits in with murdering Sandra...I have no clue.

The judgement, I believe was from 2002. Bills would have been prior to that. The daughter would have been born after this time- likely in 2003/2004.

Why was MLH in such a hurry to get Sandra, suitcase in car and couldn't find keys?
Was she late to meet someone at the church?
Was there a special time to deliver Sandra?

Why was MLH in such a hurry to get Sandra, suitcase in car and couldn't find keys?
Good point, if we're to believe MH. I still believe though that there's more to this than we know. :waitasec:

It would also be very intersting to see the past medical records for MH's daughter and for herself! $10,000 is a lot of doctor bills to not have been involved in any serious accident or had any sort of major illness!

I respectfully disagree. Without insurance, hospital bills are insane. The hospital I go to charges $4,500 a night per room. The cheaper hospital nearby I believe charges about $800 per night. Doctors, medication, tests all run separate charges. It would be easy to rack up a $10,000 bill from perhaps one trip to the ER + one to two nights in the hospital. Or even one minor surgery.

I does seem like a lot considering it doesn't appear MH was working and wouldn't she or the little girl have been covered by state Medic-aid? :waitasec:

She *should* probably be on state aid now that she has the child. Medi-Cal covers mothers and children, I believe...and from all outward appearances, she fits the "low income" bracket to qualify for services ;)

That's what my friend who went to school with her thinks - that she was molested or something. What do you thin k about a Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy type of thing? Someone mentioned her child was sickly? I'll have to read more. Maybe she's the kind of crazy that like's the attention and chaos that comes with accidents, trauma, etc. Maybe she killed Sandra and then tried to inject herself into the case with the suitcase story, the note, a call to the reporter, etc, so she could get attention? I'm lost here and just speculating.

I think this usually happens to the child of the person with this syndrom, although I guess it could be possible with another child. Don't really know. It will be interesting to find out about her own child's medical history. Wish we could get ahold of that , but with HIPPA, will have to come from the parent or guardian I think. So many aspects of this.

From this article, it looks like MH was working hard to get child support out of the father of her 5 year old. Had we heard about any ties MH might have had to Topkea?

"A Topeka man may be able to provide some answers for law enforcement investigating the California woman who was arrested Saturday for allegedly killing an 8-year-old girl and stuffing her into a suitcase."

http://www.cjonline.com/news/2009-04-12/accused_calif_mom_has_area_ties

Wow! Where is the info on her kid being thin and MH describing childhood suicidal ideation? I'd like to read that. I agree with your post and the one you quoted. There were posts about the church affiliated with her grandfather in which "survivors" discussed excalty what the other poster said, kind of a group pressure to cover up bad things and forgive rather than get LE involved.

Since MH did this to a 7-8 year old child, wonder what was happening to her at that age. If she has had suicidal thoughts since around that age, maybe that is why she chose a child that age. Of course, we don't know if she has done similar things to another child in past and what age they were. Is there a way to get history on who she was living with a child, mom, dad, grandparents?

Kinda odd..just read on todays media link that the handyman CM at the MH park said MH children never played outside. Also stated that Sandra was the only child he ever saw enter the Lawless home.

I find it interesting that MH's mother and her 5-year-old daughter were scheduled to go on a planned vacation since the day after Sandra went missing. I wonder if that factored into Sandra's death? Was MH angry that her own mother was taking her 5-year old daughter on a trip and somehow felt neglected and left out - much as she did when she was 6 years old?

"Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said he was at a preacher's conference in Salinas when he heard news of his daughter's arrest. He informed his wife, Judy, who has been on a planned vacation in Northern California with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter, Ma****n, since the day after Sandra went missing."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12128530

All IMO...

May I respectfully add, sometimes people also simply forget to take meds after they are feeling better, the great reminder and motivator, sickness, having been relieved. Then, before one knows it, you're sliding downward again, and then need to start re-taking meds, slowly working up to the needed dosage...

So, that, combined with the difficulties of correct diagnosis and medication type/levels, tend to make the 'not so good times', outweigh the 'better times'...

Awareness needs to be raised and stigma removed from Mental Illness...

This murder may have nothing to do with her illness...whatever it may be...or not.

Hi Paladine, you are so right. Thanks for adding that. There is more emphasis and attention today to mental illiness than way back when, but still not enough. Most of us don't think about that until it becomes personal to ourselves or someone we love.

From this article, it looks like MH was working hard to get child support out of the father of her 5 year old. Had we heard about any ties MH might have had to Topkea?

"A Topeka man may be able to provide some answers for law enforcement investigating the California woman who was arrested Saturday for allegedly killing an 8-year-old girl and stuffing her into a suitcase."

After reading this article, I REALLY feel so bad for MLH 5 year old daughter and who will be raising her...............

Wow! Where is the info on her kid being thin and MH describing childhood suicidal ideation? I'd like to read that. I agree with your post and the one you quoted. There were posts about the church affiliated with her grandfather in which "survivors" discussed excalty what the other poster said, kind of a group pressure to cover up bad things and forgive rather than get LE involved.

The info regarding MH's suicidal ideation comes from Emmabella, a high school friend of MH's who was on WS last night. Emmabella found some notes that MH had written her in, one of which describes suicidal ideation. In post number 172 in this thread, Emmabella wrote:
Here are some quotes from the letter dated 5/20/99:

"All I know is that I've also come up with another solution that would solve all my problems and I have seriously been thinking about it.... I have been thinking about this for a very long time and I'm very serious about it."

"When I was little, like sixth grade I used to pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I just wasn't meant to live I guess. No on wants me or even cares if I live or not and I'm just in the way anyways."

Haunting.

The part about MH's daughter being this is from this:
Huckaby lives with her grandparents because she suffers from severe allergies and wanted relatives' help to be able to have more time "to take better care of her daughter, who is super-thin and gets sick a lot," Browning said. She was named "class mother" of her daughter's preschool, friends said.
from this article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/12/MNJQ17163H.DTL&tsp=1

Regarding the survivors that you mentioned, I know the church that you are talking about. A representative of that organization posted the church they are speaking of is not the one led by Pastor Lawless, MH's grandfather. I'm sorry, I can't find that post though.

Possible myspace for Amanda Huckaby? http://www.myspace.com/amanda031880

]

Great point Passionflower,

When Sandra is walking back it seems she sees someone down the road and stops skipping, slowing her pace to a walk. And in turning her head to look over it looks like the wind blows her hair and she reachese up to get it out of her face.

I think she saw Melissa possibly out in her driveway. We know Sandra was headed back there and maybe she was unsure about things with Melissa.

Maybe Melissa had told Sandra that when she got back they would go to the church to get it ready for bible study, or SS.

And if there was a time Melissa was suppose to meet someone, maybe she was cutting it close and about ready to go look for Sandra!

I find it interesting that MH's mother and her 5-year-old daughter were scheduled to go on a planned vacation since the day after Sandra went missing. I wonder if that factored into Sandra's death? Was MH angry that her own mother was taking her 5-year old daughter on a trip and somehow felt neglected and left out - much as she did when she was 6 years old?

"Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said he was at a preacher's conference in Salinas when he heard news of his daughter's arrest. He informed his wife, Judy, who has been on a planned vacation in Northern California with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter, Ma****n, since the day after Sandra went missing."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12128530

I had not heard that MH's child was on vac. Could be they didn't want the child questioned, knew things etc., and got her out of town. Interesting.

There was someone posting last night (Gitana1, I think) who saw a MH's photo in the Brea Olinda year book.

I believe West HS is in Tracy - I don't think that MH grew up in Tracy - somewhere else.

Yeah, she went to school with my roommate at Brea Olinda High School in Brea, CA. That's near Fullerton, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, La Habra, Diamond Bar and Placentia in SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave