Book: Hush Little Babies

Shanny

Reaction score
I just got done reading the book "Hush little Babies" about Darlie Routier
I am wondering if she really killed her children because all though the book she kept saying that a man came into her house and murdered her children.
Even when she was on trail she stood by her story about the man who came in her house and killer her kids, she never once said that she did it.
So it just makes me wonder if she didn't do it, I think her trail was very unfair.
http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/14...barnesandnoble.com/images/8500000/8505872.jpg

I felt like that at first as well, but now i think her and hubby may have done it.....

Shanny said:
I am wondering if she really killed her children because all though the book she kept saying that a man came into her house and murdered her children.
Even when she was on trail she stood by her story about the man who came in her house and killer her kids, she never once said that she did it.
So it just makes me wonder if she didn't do it, I think her trail was very unfair.
http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/04110808011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/8500000/8505872.jpg
Darlie did not stick by her story. The only part she stuck to was that she didn't do it. Many times she changed where the intuder was when she first woke up. Sometimes he was on her, sometimes running away, sometimes standing at her feet. At one point she even says all she saw was a "blur"(my personal fave story). Sometimes he is a very large man, sometimes there are 2 attackers. Sometimes Damon stands up and follows her and sometimes he doesn't. Interestingly, she didn't tell anyone about wetting towels at the sink until her final walk-through with LE and she saw they had taken the kitchen sink. Luminol showed a great deal of cleaned up blood in that area. It is generally believed she cut her throat at the sink. When she saw they had taken it, she realized she needed to put herself there. Nobody else puts Darlie at the sink but Darlie.
Then there's the problem of the screen fiber getting on the bread knife which was found in the butcher block. The fact that he or they came to the house without a weapon. That 2 young children were killed and the adult was left alive, very rare. The cleaned up blood in the kitchen. The lies she's been caught in. The fact that the intruder was able to wind his way through a junky garage, slip out the window and not leave blood, although there was blood in the UR. The motion detector was not on, the jerry-rigged gate was closed and latched, her wounds were very different than the boys'. That she did not help Damon. That she stayed on the phone with the 911 OP worrying about messing up fingerprints. Well, obviously there's an entire forum on this case so there are many many things. So just start weeding through some of the posts. You'll see...

Shanny said:
http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/04110808011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/8500000/8505872.jpg
You need to read Flesh and Blood by Patricia Springer and Precious Angels by Barbara Davis, and if you are really interested in the truth, read the trial transcripts posted at justicefordarlie.net. Both Davis and Springer attended the trial every day and gave good accounts of what they say. Don Davis gave some interesting information but I think he felt some loyalty to the family.

Goody said:
You need to read Flesh and Blood by Patricia Springer and Precious Angels by Barbara Davis, and if you are really interested in the truth, read the trial transcripts posted at justicefordarlie.net. Both Davis and Springer attended the trial every day and gave good accounts of what they say. Don Davis gave some interesting information but I think he felt some loyalty to the family.
Of course by now, Babs has gone crazy. I find it so interesting that Chris Brown has been reduced to her "source"
You know she can never re-think this. She can never go back to believing Darlie to be guilty. Well, she can, but there goes her career. I wouldn't be surprised if already she was privately wondering if she was duped by Crazy Chris.

beesy said:
Of course by now, Babs has gone crazy. I find it so interesting that Chris Brown has been reduced to her "source"
You know she can never re-think this. She can never go back to believing Darlie to be guilty. Well, she can, but there goes her career. I wouldn't be surprised if already she was privately wondering if she was duped by Crazy Chris.
I don't know what her deal is, but I don't believe her statements. And that juror....he is just as confusing. Neither turnaround makes any sense.

I just finished "Hush Little Babies" by Don Davis and from what I have concluded .. Darlie is guilty... No other scenario fits ALL the pieces of the puzzle. It's unbelievable that people are protesting her innocence .. The smoking gun for me was the cleaned sink in her kitchen..

Has anyone read this? Does this book accurately depict events?;-
N mne It seemed straight forward. The author for a dif book jumped on the innocence parade not long ago. Is there something I missed? ... I am open minded so I don't mind having it changed if all facts or even 1 points to innocence.

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished "Hush Little Babies" by Don Davis and from what I have concluded .. Darlie is guilty... No other scenario fits ALL the pieces of the puzzle. It's unbelievable that people are protesting her innocence .. The smoking gun for me was the cleaned sink in her kitchen..

N mne It seemed straight forward. The author for a dif book jumped on the innocence parade not long ago. Is there something I missed? ... I am open minded so I don't mind having it changed if all facts or even 1 points to innocence.

V

Hi and welcome to WS. :seeya:
If you read the trial transcripts you will also get a clear view of how guilty Darlie is.

Why is everyone claiming the sink was cleaned? If anyone looks at the pictures of the sink you can clearly see there was no effort whatsoever to clean anything. There is literally blood dripping down all over the front. And where were the items used in this supposed clean up found? In the trash? In the laundry room? The garage? Nope. There was not a single rag, towel, paper towel, tissue, etc. with blood in a secreted location. And not a single rag or towel was found with any type of cleaner on it.

V

I have about 10 pages left to read in this book. So far everything I've read shouts Darlie is INNOCENT. Interesting how two of us can come to such different conclusions.

That said, I don't believe this book is the most factual one on the market. I was flummoxed a time or two when the author, Don Davis, referred to something he had never brought out on prior pages. He kind of left me hanging.

From that book I took away the DISTINCT impression/feeling that the true perp(s) screamed out from those very book pages. Once you see that, EVERYTHING falls into place - at least for me it did.

I intend doing more reading/research, especially the trial transcript. In my opinion, there is a LOT here that was never brought out or possibly considered. However, I have a lot of research ahead of me. In the meantime, I intend to see what I can do to help Darlie's case, in any way I can. I don't believe anyone should be put to death or languish in jail with the "evidence" that was/was not presented in court. I think, right now, she got a one-way railroad ticket to death row.

'Course this is just my opinion, so far.

I have this book. I already believed Darlie was guilty, so the book just reinforced that.
One of my dogs ate the cover of the book, so I think the dogs believe she's guilty, too. :)

I have this book. I already believed Darlie was guilty, so the book just reinforced that.
One of my dogs ate the cover of the book, so I think the dogs believe she's guilty, too. :)

I live in an apartment, alas and alak, so I don't have a dog.

Edited to add: When I started this book I had NO opinion, one way or the other. Now I sorta do - take a ride on the Reading, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Don Davis, the author of 'Hush..' was interviewed about the case and was directly asked, "Did Darlie do this?" Davis nodded and replied "Most probably." The point of his book is not that Darlie is innocent, just that she didn't receive a fair trial.

Luminol revealed that the area around the sink and the sink itself showed blood was wiped up. There are actual pictures of this luminol test (which I am far too lazy today to go look up). Luminol also revealed that a small, bloody handprint had been wiped off the sofa.

Luminol revealed that the area around the sink and the sink itself showed blood was wiped up. There are actual pictures of this luminol test (which I am far too lazy today to go look up). Luminol also revealed that a small, bloody handprint had been wiped off the sofa.

I don't know much about the small, bloody handprint on the sofa, but IF thats true, itseems to confirm Darlie saying Damon woke her up, doesn't it?

As for the luminol and the sink, well, I'm sure you're aware luminol will flouresce on bleach. If not. . .

•In addition to iron and iron compounds, other substances can catalyze the luminol reaction. Copper and its compounds, horseradish, and bleach also cause the solution to glow. So, you could substitute any of these materials for the drop of blood or potassium ferricyanide in the demonstration. Similarly, the presence of these chemicals at a crime scene affects testing for blood. If a crime scene was washed in bleach, for example, the whole area would glow when sprayed with luminol, making it necessary to use a different test to find traces of blood.
http://chemistry.about.com/od/glowinthedarkprojects/a/luminolblood.htm

Horseradish? I love Polish food, especially keilbasa with horseradish.

I know you knew that, I think. Wiki also says the same thing and so do a few more sites.

As Trident explained lots of stuff will flouresce with liminol. That aside Darlie and Darin both say she went to the sink to get wet towels. Obviously water went into the sink as well as on the towel.

As for the bloody handprint on the couch.... Darlie could have easily smeared it as she was getting off the couch.

I don't know much about the small, bloody handprint on the sofa, but IF thats true, itseems to confirm Darlie saying Damon woke her up, doesn't it?

As for the luminol and the sink, well, I'm sure you're aware luminol will flouresce on bleach. If not. . .

•In addition to iron and iron compounds, other substances can catalyze the luminol reaction. Copper and its compounds, horseradish, and bleach also cause the solution to glow. So, you could substitute any of these materials for the drop of blood or potassium ferricyanide in the demonstration. Similarly, the presence of these chemicals at a crime scene affects testing for blood. If a crime scene was washed in bleach, for example, the whole area would glow when sprayed with luminol, making it necessary to use a different test to find traces of blood.
http://chemistry.about.com/od/glowinthedarkprojects/a/luminolblood.htm

Horseradish? I love Polish food, especially keilbasa with horseradish.

I know you knew that, I think. Wiki also says the same thing and so do a few more sites.

she was on the sofa because the baby kept her awake. yet she slept through an attack on the boys and herself...

I have all sorts of problems with this case but the one that really gets me is the time line.

Dr. Janis Parchman (ME) testified that she in her opinion Damon couldn't have lived more than eight or nine minutes after he was attacked. Jack Kolbye testified that when he arrived inside the house Damon was still alive. Or as I will paraphrase him.... he rolled Damon over, Damon took one last gasp for air and he watched as the light left his eyes. Those are his words not mine.

Here's how it went:

Darlie called 911 at 2:31 a.m.. The call ended at 2:36 a.m. when Officer Waddell arrived inside the house. During the entire time of that call we know both Darlie and Darin are inside the house. Meaning the bloody sock in the alley had to be planted before 2:31 a.m.

At 2:36 or 2:37 a.m. both Officer Walling and paramedic Jack Kolbye arrive outside the house as testified by both. Jack Kolbey testified that he entered the house no longer than two minutes after arriving. Lets say 2:38 a.m. and that he went directly over to Damon and that is when Damon died. So the attack on him had to have happend at 2:29 or 2:30 a.m..

How did the sock get 75 yards down the alley? By my estimation she would have had two minutes at most to plant the sock and get back to call 911. And that doesn't even take into account all the other stuff she would have needed to do in those two minutes.

It could only go one of three ways.

(a) She inflicts all her wounds first, stabs Damon last at 2:29 a.m., runs the 75 yards to drop the sock (mind you without getting her blood on the sock or anywhere between the house and that spot in the alley), runs back, does all the 'clean-up' and staging and calls 911 at 2:31 a.m..

(b) She stabs Damon at 2:29 a.m., runs the 75 yards to drop the sock, runs back, stabs herself twice in the arm, once in the shoulder, slashes her throat, cuts her hand, somehow puts bruises all over her arms, does the 'clean-up', stages the scene and calls 911 at 2:31 a.m.

(c) Darin comes downstairs at 2:29 a.m., happens upon his wife either in the act or not but he somehow just knows she did it, takes in the sight of his boys laying dead or near dead, gets over the shock of the sight, grabs a sock, gets the boys' blood on it, runs the 75 yards down and back in time for the 911 call at 2:31 a.m.

Sorry but none of it sounds even remotely possible to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back