WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, thanks msshelia.
Don't you still wonder why the secrecy though? I mean most families with a missing family member will discuss the last visits, phone calls and the like. Perhaps I'm too doggone nosey. lol
I don't mean to be disrespectful.

Is anyone familiar with the area that the body was found? Do we know who the private property might belong to?

I wish I did. That's something I'm very interested in knowing. I heard on the radio that the body was found in the BACKYARD of a private home. How did they not know... and if they DID know- there's a problem.

Schneider road and country rd mm is where this body is. This would place it basically 7.8 miles from where Angela Drake's body was found.

Nothing new again to report. It is so ridiculous to hold press conferences to say absolutely nothing!

Angela Drake's body was found on Storytown Rd and County Road CC. I'm going to google the two locations for a distance.

wow, thanks msshelia.
Don't you still wonder why the secrecy though? I mean most families with a missing family member will discuss the last visits, phone calls and the like. Perhaps I'm too doggone nosey. lol
I don't mean to be disrespectful.

This entire case has been totally filled with secrecy since the beginning. Your not the only nosey one I am too.

If it was my family member I'd squeal like a little pig to tell everything I knew.......

Now, after the fact, will anyone get the truth from her sister as to why the secrecy about the phone call??

Where was she when she called?

What did she day? (her last words)

Why the instructions to not reveal her last whereabouts to anyone?

Why did the family do everything they could to impede the investigation?

MSNBC has reported on air, and has this AP article on its website:

Body believed to be that of missing student

"The Dane County coroner said the body was tentatively identified as 22-year-old Kelly Nolan, while Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain said detectives were investigating the death as a homicide."

I would like to post this message from Megan Janeway's F/B page for Kelly. Agree or disagree with how things are done, IMO...The work Ms. Janeway has done to get Kelly attention is something anyone should be proud of.

In any case...

Chelsey Keen (MATC Madison) wrote
at 3:30pm
ATTENTION TO ALL:

Please, DO NOT talk to the media! I personally have received messages and know of many people who have received phone calls asking about Kelly the past two days. While I personally appreciate the fact that the media has made Kelly's case a national one, alerting everyone of her situation, PLEASE for the sake of the family, DO NOT RESPOND.

If you are sent a message, do not reply. If you are called or stopped on the street simply state, "no comment" and leave it at that. Thanks everyone.

This once again shows the secrecy to this case.......
The media has wanted to bring as much attention to the case as they can. The media keeps LE on there toes.....helps them to do the job they get paid to do.

I have not liked 'nor' do not like the fact / people are trying to keep everyone quiet in regards to this case. It is WRONG, to try controling people! Thats not being helpful to me its deceitful!

http://www.tiny.cc/kIUj5

The one on the left is where Angela was found. The one on the right is where Kelly is.

ETA: I do not know how to make the map END where I want it to. If you are looking at the end point, the real end point should be right where MM meets Highway 14. On the map, at that specific intersection, it says "Janesville st"

I see nothing wrong with the family asking friends not to speak to the press, to not discuss this with anyone. As long as LE has all the info that's what really matters in any investigation.

It's frustrating, but sometimes, that last phone call although helpful to the public, is even more helpful to LE to make a case against someone. The part that someone stated the family was told last Tuesday they could expect to find her alive is always hopeful, but sometimes, the police aren't always right. Look at Jennifer Kesse, www.findjenniferkesse.com, who's been missing almost 18 months. There is still the hope that Jenn will be found alive, but the statistics grow slimmer with each passing day. I, for one, will maintain that hope and continue to expect miracles. As for the family or other people not wanting to comment at all to the media, that is a bit fishy. One thing with the Kesse's is that they have been front and center with Jenn as much as they can. There is obviously information that the police will tell them not to discuss for fear of jepoardizing the case, but the information that can be discussed is Kelly's habits and how this is unlike her, etc.

Hoping that Kelly's family finds their daughter

I see nothing wrong with the family asking friends not to speak to the press, to not discuss this with anyone. As long as LE has all the info that's what really matters in any investigation.

Unless you're asking the public for leads and information. If the public doesn't know WHERE they should try to remember seeing her- then what can they offer of substance?

It's frustrating, but sometimes, that last phone call although helpful to the public, is even more helpful to LE to make a case against someone. The part that someone stated the family was told last Tuesday they could expect to find her alive is always hopeful, but sometimes, the police aren't always right. Look at Jennifer Kesse, www.findjenniferkesse.com, who's been missing almost 18 months. There is still the hope that Jenn will be found alive, but the statistics grow slimmer with each passing day. I, for one, will maintain that hope and continue to expect miracles. As for the family or other people not wanting to comment at all to the media, that is a bit fishy. One thing with the Kesse's is that they have been front and center with Jenn as much as they can. There is obviously information that the police will tell them not to discuss for fear of jepoardizing the case, but the information that can be discussed is Kelly's habits and how this is unlike her, etc.

Hoping that Kelly's family finds their daughter

The kesse's are a very good example of people telling every detail they could, and getting all the information out so that she might be found.

I keep replying to myself, but I want to get all the info that I've learned today onto the forum. One thing that stood out to me, and that they're not reporting now is this:

A field reporter from 1670 AM The Pulse (radio station in Madison) said that her body was found in the backyard of home. That has not been repeated.... but I wonder who lives there?

Local news NBC-15 just reported that a deputy did get close enough to see the body which was believed to be female. Also reported that the police have been searching that location for the "past week", stating that Kelly's last cell phone bounce was from the property.

Asking the public for leads and information really has nothing to do with asking friends not to speak to the press. If friends have anything to offer it should be to the LE in charge and not to the press. That's all I'm saying. The press can be ruthless in hunting down the inside scoop and for family to ask friends/family to speak only to LE or to avoid the press is fairly normal.

I keep replying to myself, but I want to get all the info that I've learned today onto the forum. One thing that stood out to me, and that they're not reporting now is this:

A field reporter from 1670 AM The Pulse (radio station in Madison) said that her body was found in the backyard of home. That has not been repeated.... but I wonder who lives there?

Probably pretty big yards 3 /5 /9 /10 acre plots of land?
I have 10 acres & was looking out today thinking wow someone could throw someone in my back yard & I'd never know it.

Asking the public for leads and information really has nothing to do with asking friends not to speak to the press. If friends have anything to offer it should be to the LE in charge and not to the press. That's all I'm saying. The press can be ruthless in hunting down the inside scoop and for family to ask friends/family to speak only to LE or to avoid the press is fairly normal.

Thanks Chico.....

Note: I am not giving up hope until the announcement is official.

I do wonder. I'm frustrated by it.

Although actively becoming involved in the search before this article, I became frustrated by the investigation when I read this:

"We're talking to all the people who were acquaintances of hers and her family of course and checking her Facebook page seeing who might have checked in there. Just checking with anybody who might have knowledge of where she is," Joel DeSpain, the public information officer for the Madison Police Department, told WMTV news Saturday.

The tone, at least to me, came off very casual. Maybe it was the "of course" in relation to her family or the "checked in" in relation to her Facebook account...or a combination of both. From that day forward, the overall tone of details in the search became very "just"...Just another irresponsible party girl who's checked out for a couple days...Just another college kid partying all night. You know, similar to how Hilton/Lohan types are perceived.

If you've seen the typical Facebook page, and the images/conversations contained within, it's pretty safe to say the number of 'drinking' pics would make virtually anyone seem irresponsible. Despite the statement that they were only looking for people checking in - depending on how active her page was - the picture(s) of who she "really" is would not be accurate but could influence priority/intensity of the search...which I think it did, despite the family making a real effort to solidify Kelly's character and keep it focused on the fact that she is missing regardless of lifestyle. Maybe on some level supporters believed (perhaps tone/direction of questions) the investigators already had a 'Faceboook' profile of Kelly in their head too and the Find Kelly movement sprung from that...frustration that they are not looking in the right place.

I honestly believe they made the picture they got off Facebook of who she 'really' was the cornerstone of the investigation and would not stray from that in fear of the past. That isn't proactive, and I am still looking for any PR encouraging the public to look outside of Madison at any point...but people were anyway. The response to that was met with the same casual tone applied to virtually every aspect of this case.

The secrecy 'back then' would come from not being sure about anything...because they were not only looking in the wrong place, they were looking for a person based on the image of a lifestyle, which wasn't who she was...so they really weren't looking for her, which, IMO is the real reason "Foul Play" wasn't considered.

Thoughts?

What IF...we are looking at a serial killing? Specifically...the killings taking place from 1968-84?

I just researched all the places they found those bodies and the similarities of the cases: Females, 17-24yo, 3+ had left bar area in Madison, most found in wooded areas, all with ties to UW, except 1...all found within 14 miles of Madison.

Sound familiar?
Kelly fits into the category above in several ways.

Might not be so farfetched actually. If the perp were a younger student back in 68...he would be in his mid/late 50s now. (Certainly not too old for a serial killer.)

It would also mean this investigation would have to be meticulously done if it is at all possible they could be related. I would think they would have to take everything into account. It might explain a lot of why this was handled with extra caution and under the huge umbrella of the different agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998