Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not have had the truck for some time. Again, you are assuming HE had the truck. That is alleged, but AFAIK has not been proven.

Hmm. If he had not had the truck for some time, then why was the search warrant on the truck served on him?

We know it wasn't Doug. His alibi is "solid" and "true".

Lt. Risko said that the focus of the investigation is to find Venus, and that they're not as concerned with where Doug is right now. As the search began, two weeks ago, the focus was on finding Venus more than on validating Doug's alibi. Initially, the lieutenant said that Doug's alibi checks out... "for now." But most recently, especially after investigators found the receipt and blood smear, Risko said that Doug's alibi was being reevaluated, and that this time they would leave no stone unturned.

Hardly sounds like "solid" or "true" to me.

What was the date of the search warrant for the truck? TIA!

Lt. Risko said that the focus of the investigation is to find Venus, and that they're not as concerned with where Doug is right now. As the search began, two weeks ago, the focus was on finding Venus more than on validating Doug's alibi. Initially, the lieutenant said that Doug's alibi checks out... "for now." But most recently, especially after investigators found the receipt and blood smear, Risko said that Doug's alibi was being reevaluated, and that this time they would leave no stone unturned.

His alibi is either good forever or not. Just because they find more incriminating evidence pointing to him doesn't negate that they said he was in VA. And that it checked out. An alibi is an alibi and they don't waver.

We know it wasn't Doug. His alibi is "solid" and "true". They are not taking his friends words for this, folks. This isn't a jaywalking case. He is smart enough to have an iron clad alibi, but stupid enough to let his hit man try to frame him. Because that's one incompetent hit man who leaves all the evidence pointing towards the person who hired him. Doug is disciplined enough to be a decorated Marine, but careless enough to leave the receipt for the items from the "4 Essential Things You Need To Commit Murder With Now Available at Wal-Mart!" handbook. BTW, they forgot the "Shaggy Haired Guy Wig" by Eva Gabor.
Who else could have access to things like the keys to the truck and the credit card? Who indeed.
If Venus met with a horrible fate, we need to look at who has deflected suspicion the most away from himself. Motive? This could kill two birds with one stone. There was a will, and since VS had no real property, was the will to name life insurance beneficiaries and guardians? There's financial. And to have the man that made allegations against you in the hot seat for murder 1 would be gravy. There's revenge.
"I wuz sleeping"-it's the new " I wuz at werk"!

That sure sounds to me like you're referring to Venus' father. Who did you have in mind?

What makes you think someone stole the truck?

I don't think that at all! I was referring to something you were saying about him not having the truck. You keep implying that someone else had the truck..so that leaves two choices, either he loaned it or it was stolen.

The truck is not Doug's so I doubt he could even report it stolen even if he knew for a fact it was gone.

I guess I'm not as up on this case as I thought I was. Help me out here, if you would be so kind.

I could swear I've been reading in news articles and LE documents that the truck is Doug's. "estranged husband's truck". Maybe I'm thinking of another case. I'm following several.

Whose truck is it? Or does Venus have another estranged husband? Or?

This is an example of why this is so confusing. DS's alibi checked out in the beginning at least "for now". I would have been checking his alibi to make sure one way or another in the beginning. We are talking about two police depts not one in two different states. I'm quite sure since the parents interview on NG that they told the police immediately about all the problems so why not work on checking that alibi then... since the Virginia LE would probably be the ones doing the checking.

Hmm. If he had not had the truck for some time, then why was the search warrant on the truck served on him?

I doubt that was served on him. It was issued for the vehicle, which was parked in a public space when found. I expect that LE towed it when they found it, and executed the search at a later point once the warrant was issued (actually it was executed about 5 days after it was issued).

I guess I'm not as up on this case as I thought I was. Help me out here, if you would be so kind.

I could swear I've been reading in news articles and LE documents that the truck is Doug's. "estranged husband's truck". Maybe I'm thinking of another case. I'm following several.

Whose truck is it? Or does Venus have another estranged husband? Or?

It was reported that the truck is Venus's and the Sable is Dougs. Sorry I can't find the link right now, can anyone help me out? TIA

The only reason we have to believe he had the truck AFAIK is because the parents said so. In trial that would not be enough, there would have to be independent corroboration. Otherwise the defence would suggest the obvious. Do we have that independent corroboration?

In order to charge him you would need to place him at the scene. Placing the truck at the scene doesn't help if you can't place him with the truck.

Since you and I will not be arguing this case, let's leave the trial out of this and just talk you 'n' me, in practical terms.

Let's skip all the Doug didn't have the truck, and look at it from the other direction. Who had the truck?

It was reported that the truck is Venus's and the Sable is Dougs. Sorry I can't find the link right now, can anyone help me out? TIA

I'll see if I can find the link, but I do remember it was in her name.

I don't think that at all! I was referring to something you were saying about him not having the truck. You keep implying that someone else had the truck..so that leaves two choices, either he loaned it or it was stolen.

Or he sold it. Or aliens took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member