Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard H and JBean....I was hoping for an optimistic outcome from you two. :(

OK here ya go. Due to all the scrutiny, DOC will review time served and find another error decreasing her time served credit by 365 days. The probation issue will take a back burner and she will be remanded to the county jail for a period NTX one year and will not be eligible for good time/work time.
How's that?

OK here ya go. Due to all the scrutiny, DOC will review time served and find another error decreasing her time served credit by 365 days. The probation issue will take a back burner and she will be remanded to the county jail for a period NTX one year and will not be eligible for good time/work time.
How's that?

Ha! Works for me! Do you have 'connections'? ;)

How's that?

Now that's more like it. I knew you could do it.:great:

IIRC if you are in solitary you get 2 days for every 1 day served in the calculations. ZThat was from during the sentencing, no idea how to find the quote tho

She wasn't in solitary though. She was in protective custody. Is that the same thing?

eta: oops I see rotterdam beat me to it :p

How's that?

:tyou:
I have a good bottle of champagne, I was saving it for a special occasion.That sounds like it.

If Judge Perry does not set Casey free on Friday, I can see this happening. JB screaming prejudicial conduct towards his client by Judge Perry. And demanding a new Judge.

Not only does she benefit from loopholes, lies and having her father being a pedophile, she benefits from juries, the media and clerks with bad hearing. She really does have the luck of the Irish and she also found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow media.

Seeing her, mason, baez, simms, fennel, her family or anyone else basking in the light of victory and the search for more money on the deathbed of Caylee makes me squirm. It likens my feelings to the FDLS case. This is oh so wrong. I am disappointed in this country.

The judge through case law, not the probation department decides whether the probation order was carried out.

Right now they are in a position of determining if she served her probation. The lawyers all over the net disagree on this. Only Judge Perry will be the one to decide. The probation as it is described is an administrative probation which was not what was ordered by the court.

Now, I have already said because of the time delay, this order may not fly. But a thorough and full investigation of how time was calculated certainly is within the 60 day time limit and Casey may just wish that Mason let her go on probation for a year. Any calculation of the days for purposes of Judge Perry's Order can be amended. And worst case Casey could be back behind bars.

Don't you mean BEST case scenario? :crazy:

Right.

The 412 days for the fraud convictions, the one year probation, and the 1,460 days for the lying convictions were all taken care if in less than 1,100 days.

(I think Casey's total was 1,007 days in jail but I am not sure the exact number.)

She was arrested, out on bail, re-arrested, and then the convictions, probation, etc. enter in. I can see how a calculation error was made and how things got confusing/overlooked. What I cannot see is just letting it go!

So bottom line ,around 595 days is equal to a sentence of 1,460 days according to the DOC calculations. Just wow, and wow again.

Or in other words, KC , except for court fee/fines, got zilch for her check fraud conviction.

Respectfully, let me try this another way. Seeing my previous post got deleted. It sounds to me like there is no superior over-sight judicial check system in place on Judges. And they rule as final say. No matter what they rule. Well that smacks of far too much power.IMO The DT can always go to a higher court for a ruling change. But it seems the prosecution is held completely to what a Judge says. Even judges who make incompetent mistakes. Or make political self serving decisions.

This is far from a fair and equable situation between the two court sides of the law.IMO The burden is on the prosecution in court cases. Yet they must function under a handicap. I would think this must be a far cry from what the founding Fathers laid down for the legal system in the USA. The people of the society should have equal courts rights as the accused.IMO Oh how this Casey case is highlighting a core problem here.IMO I sure do not think this is making for the best legal system in the world, as is widely touted by the people.IMO

That my friend I do agree with. I was just stating I didnt believe it to be political motivated in this motion and nothing I have seen from these judges made me believe it was. But I totally agree that the legal system here is flawed and needs some major work.:twocents:

That my friend I do agree with. I was just stating I didnt believe it to be political motivated in this motion and nothing I have seen from these judges made me believe it was. But I totally agree that the legal system here is flawed and needs some major work.:twocents:

Judges have supreme power in their court and like such power, it can corrupt the individual from time to time. Hard to fix unless maybe if you have multiple Judges who rule by consensus, but still a costly, and not fool proof either, solution for lower courts.

I personally do not think the judge is aware of the miscalculation of her jail/time served days. Until someone brings it to his attention, we can expect that KC will be frree AGAIN on Friday. Someone said the judge has 60 days from the time of error to correct it. The clock is ticking....

So if I understand it correctly, FCA gets time served for her check fraud sentence and gets to serve her probation while in jail facing a new trial for other charges. She is found guilty for some of those other charges while in jail and serving on probation while in jail. She basically gets time served for the new sentence other than a few more days and her probation is deemed complete even though she was facing new charges and was sentenced anew for some.

The whole time the reason FCA is really in jail is because she lied about the death of Caylee faced Murder 1 but was willing to sit in jail and roll the dice than tell it was an 'accident'. She just waited it all out and all accountability and punishment was Basically rolled into her waiting period.

Wow! What a sweet deal! FCA gambled her life and won big. If ever FCA goes to Vegas and gambles I want to be there and play whatever she is playing. What are the odds?

Not only does she benefit from loopholes, lies and having her father being a pedophile, she benefits from juries, the media and clerks with bad hearing. She really does have the luck of the Irish and she also found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow media.

Seeing her, mason, baez, simms, fennel, her family or anyone else basking in the light of victory and the search for more money on the deathbed of Caylee makes me squirm. It likens my feelings to the FDLS case. This is oh so wrong. I am disappointed in this country.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

bbm :tyou:
Sadly I am too Whisperer. I've lost faith in our justice system. Little Caylee deserved better than what she got..... Still breaks my heart.
imo

Maybe O/T, but as an Orange County voter, I will be paying close attention to those names on my ballot this November such as Sheriff, Clerk of the Court, State Attorney and judges. I will be diligent in researching these people and making it my business to know who I am voting for. I am totally disgusted by this case. It just doesn't end. The sloppiness and seemingly self-serving behavior of these elected officials (most are up for re election this year or next) has made my lifelong home look ridiculous. What a huge waste of our hard earned tax dollars.

I am glad that my children are grown and my nieces are too young to understand - as there are no good lessons to be shared with them from this farce. How can we expect the next generation to have respect for our system when it seems to be broken at every turn.

At a time when this country is in such a financial crisis, so many people out of work and no sign of improvement, I was really hoping that this case would show that at least our justice system still worked and that there is some hope for the future. I guess that is not to be.

I will watch how this plays out, but fully expect ICA to slither on out of this as well. I am climbing off my soapbox now turning off my computer and going to bed a troubled woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts