Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

I just had me a look at Casey's signature on the Waiver NOT to have to appear and what the heck was that? Handwriting experts? That was not even a signature and not even remotely like any writing of hers that I have seen before. Is she NOW such ROYALTY that she cannot even write her stupid signature?

suspiciously, it looks a lot like JB's signature.

I just had me a look at Casey's signature on the Waiver NOT to have to appear and what the heck was that? Handwriting experts? That was not even a signature and not even remotely like any writing of hers that I have seen before. Is she NOW such ROYALTY that she cannot even write her stupid signature?

There is another thread discussing that. Seems she had adopted Jose's special signature. Jose signs with a J, and a B slurred to a Z (for Baez). Casey is now signing with a C, then an A blurred to a Y (for Anthony). Isn't that cute?

You are absolutely correct that a defense attorney doesn't want their client seen in shackles, etc. That is why, as a matter of course, one of the first motions a defense attorney files is to permit their client to appear in normal clothes and to be un-shackeled in court. These motions are routinely granted. However, JB is apparently too busy filing frivolous motions to actually sit down and write a motion with merit that could actually benefit his client. I am starting to wonder if the judge didn't get a whiff that JB is setting up an ineffective assistance of counsel issue on appeal or if the judge thinks she is getting ineffective assistance of counsel and is trying to nip that in the bud. Hence, his order that she appear at every substantive hearing so she hears and knows for herself what her attorney is doing on her behalf. (And to show her what a buffoon he is ahead of the actual trial) JMHO
I wonder why JB didn't file a motion in the beginning for this, why wait ? Also, to argue this motion under the premise that her appearance would increase the circus like atmosphere instead of her appearance, jail outfit and shackles, would prejudice potential jurors, doesn't seem to make sense. The Judge would probably give more weight to the argument of prejudice because it relates to the defendants trial, although I doubt still the motion would be granted. It sounded like he was trying to argue negative media publicity instead of jury pool tainting, IMO. :confused:

For some inexplicable reason JB seems to get a lot of these motions approved. I have a feeling this one will be also. Not that I agree at all. I think she should be present to see how JB handles himself in a courtroom. Less reason for her to claim imcompetent council later on.

I don't think he will. She needs to be at every hearing. This is just setting her up for an appeal to say that she didn't get good representation..Well if she has to be in the hearing she knows exactly what the attys are doing and can't claim latter she didn't know what was going on. This ain't gonna fly with the judge...again.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

According to the motion, Baez said forcing Casey to appear "only fuels the circus like atmosphere which paints the defendant in a negative light."

Baez also claims that following court appearances the media is too focused on Casey’s appearance. Baez wrote that the appearance’s "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition." and "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition."

I think she is worried that people will laugh - she is upset that she is gaining weight eating all the candy and goodies from the Jail Commissary. And, we ALL know how fattening bologna and cole slaw is - grape koolaid, but, no strawberry kiwi right???

Plus going to court, sitting thru all the the hearings etc., she knows that she will have to hear all of the "boring" details when she could be much more comfortable napping, reading and eating. It just makes me crazy to think that she really thinks she is going to get away with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't new, people talked about how good looking Ted Bundy was - the media will always comment on the appearance of defendants. Your 14th amendment right to liberty/privacy from the state is curtailed once you are arrested...if you can't read any books you want in jail, and um, pee in front of other people, you don't really have a right to whine about when people talk about your appearance...

Casey's rights translate into a statutory requirement to attend these evidentiary hearings. Strickland said any waiver of that appearance right/requirement would be subject to his discretion in the future.

I think it's good to make her show up and waive her right in person, or not let her waive it at all-- given Casey's tendency to LIE about everything and twist and contort reality to deflect blame on others and secure an easy way out.
If she's not there, she can later appeal on the grounds that she was denied the opportunity to be present and participate in a critical stage of her defense. The judge is WISE to err on the side of caution and foreclose that option.

Also, on a personal level, Baez's motion nauseates me because I hate how the legal process itself can actually fuel and feed Casey's narcissism.

Great post NancyB...and isn't this just how a narcisist/sociopath would argue? Argue each little bit of minutae, not the murdered baby.

I would wager a new snow shovel that this is exactly how Casey argued with her parents all those years..no wonder I throw socks at the TV when the defense attornies are spewing their nonsense! :rolleyes:

He should at least argue that she appear in street clothes and no shackles whenever there will be media attending, or video released from the hearings.

Certainly, no one is thinking she didn't sign this herself, right? Just saying....

Just found the doc. Her signature is on pg. 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18577477/detail.html

Cay is more a form of Caylee than Casey, so now she's signing legal documents with the first three letters of her deceased daughters name. Sure would like to hear a psychologists opinion of this one!

We might find out that the judge denied her waiver because he felt it wasn't her signature. He caught them in a game, setting up the appeal by creating a situation whereby she might say she never signed a waiver nor did she get the opportunity to go to the hearings.

If she has to be at all the court hearings, she going to miss out of her snack eating time. As for JB-he is so over his head in this case, he doesn't know what to do. By the time he gets done with this case, he'll be lucky if anyone ever calls him again to be their lawyer. Where did he get his license, from a Cracker Jack Box.

He should at least argue that she appear in street clothes and no shackles whenever there will be media attending, or video released from the hearings.

Why does she deserve that dignity?

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I am just wondering why any defendant charged with a capital crime should be allowed to 'spruce up' for a motion hearing. This isn't the trial.

Dear Jose:

Loved the tie! Your suit fit great! Are you losing weight??? Keep up the good work! Maybe after this is over, we can get a drink and chit chat about how YOU NEARLY DAILY DID SOMETHING TO TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTELY POLLUTE THE PUBLIC'S VIEW OF YOUR CLIENT BY YOUR INDULGENT AND RIDICULOUS MOTIONS!

Love,
deb

p.s., Call me!

Dear Jose:

Loved the tie! Your suit fit great! Are you losing weight??? Keep up the good work! Maybe after this is over, we can get a drink and chit chat about how YOU NEARLY DAILY DID SOMETHING TO TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTELY POLLUTE THE PUBLIC'S VIEW OF YOUR CLIENT BY YOUR INDULGENT AND RIDICULOUS MOTIONS!

Love,
deb

p.s., Call me!

p.s.s. Have your people call my people. (then you get TB, too!)

Could the fact that JB has filed additional motions that might be addressed on Friday mean that the waiver she signed is no longer valid? I know the judge said she had to submit a seperate waiver each time there was a hearing - for the motions being heard on that day. She was not allowed to just "waive all future pre-trial hearings". So could that be another reason why he denied the waiver? Or maybe he wants to reprimand JB for all these silly motions and wants his client there to hear it!

It is possible that JB filed this motion hoping to get the Judge to suggest keeping the camera shots off of KC directly during the hearings. This would keep her every expression from being replayed constantly on media shows and news. If the Judge falls for this, it will prove a smart move for JB.

My personal thought is that he was sooooo embarassed by her schoolgirl crush flirting with him after the last hearing, and he will try anything to make sure that isn't captured on camera again for his wife and the world to see! He must have wanted to crawl into a hole and hide after he had to watch that over and over!! :curtsey:

It is possible that JB filed this motion hoping to get the Judge to suggest keeping the camera shots off of KC directly during the hearings. This would keep her every expression from being replayed constantly on media shows and news. If the Judge falls for this, it will prove a smart move for JB.

My personal thought is that he was sooooo embarassed by her schoolgirl crush flirting with him after the last hearing, and he will try anything to make sure that isn't captured on camera again for his wife and the world to see! He must have wanted to crawl into a hole and hide after he had to watch that over and over!! :curtsey:

Is he married, I haven't seen a ring?:smile:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back