TX TX - Rose Baker, 40, Whitesboro, 1 June 1980

MadeaBecBec

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's
Reaction score
Decided there needed to be a thread here for Rose Baker!
Links to info on her case here:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_rose.html and here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2426dftx.html

Rose Ann Baker
Missing since June 1, 1980 from Whitesboro, Grayson County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 22, 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 40 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mole on bridge of nose. Hysterectomy scar. Previously broken wrist.
Clothing: Usually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes.
Dentals: Not available. Upper dentures.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: mtDNA in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rose Ann Baker was last heard from or seen at the end of May, first of June 1980 at her home in Texas. Her husband said she left in the middle of the night. Her car, purse and clothes were left behind. She hasn't been seen or heard from since.
Her case was reopened by investigators in 2007. Her case is now being investigated as a homicide.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Grayson County Sheriff's Office
Harvey Smitherman
903-868-2977
Agency Case Number: 279639 TM1474334767 NCIC Number:M-456875301

baker_rose.jpg

Ms. Baker is being looked at as a possible match to the Jane Doe in this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78755

Just in case Ms. Baker is ruled out, we felt like she needed to have her own thread, she deserves our attention.

Please bear with a newbie. I've been reading all these posts and cannot figure out what "TE" stand for. Of course, after someone tells me, I'll feel like an idiot. Thanks!

Please bear with a newbie. I've been reading all these posts and cannot figure out what "TE" stand for. Of course, after someone tells me, I'll feel like an idiot. Thanks!

TE? Not sure. Can you tell me where you saw that?

Obviously somewhere in my imagination. :iamashamed0005: I meant "LE". Sorry about that!

Obviously somewhere in my imagination. :iamashamed0005: I meant "LE". Sorry about that!

No worries! LE = Law Enforcement. ME = Medical Examiner. Don't be afraid to ask - we're happy to have you here! Do you have a connection to Rose?

Thank you! I knew ME, but could not get the LE. Go figure. Actually, yes, I do kind of have a connection to Rose. Her daughter and I were friends, but actually lost touch before Rose's disappearance.

Thank you! I knew ME, but could not get the LE. Go figure. Actually, yes, I do kind of have a connection to Rose. Her daughter and I were friends, but actually lost touch before Rose's disappearance.

Oh dear! If it turns out that Rose is not LL, we will continue searching. If her own children believe she was killed by their father, I think there must be something to that. Though I would prefer to believe she got away. I doubt very much she would not have contacted her children.

So do I. Her daughter and I just reconnected yesterday via email, so I haven't asked her any questions about this. I would love to know if LE has mentioned anything to the family about this possible link though. Time for me to get off of here. Too much reading for one day and eyes are crossing. Thanks for your help!

So do I. Her daughter and I just reconnected yesterday via email, so I haven't asked her any questions about this. I would love to know if LE has mentioned anything to the family about this possible link though. Time for me to get off of here. Too much reading for one day and eyes are crossing. Thanks for your help!

What the ME really needs is some kind of dental record for Rosie that will quickly rule her in or out of LL's case-there is so much that is compelling about the possibility, it is hard to wait for the ME to find the grave and exhume LL for DNA.

Lisa727; Do you know if all of Roses children were grown and not living at home when she disappeared?

There has to be a record of Roses dentals somewhere, reference to her upper dentures... Does the manufacturer of dentures put serial numbers or other identifying markings on them? I'll go see what I can scratch up about that.... May have to quiz my dentist about that tomorrow!!

Apparently, it is suggested that Denture manufacturers mark them in some way for forensic identification, found this http://www.jprosthodont.com/article...ume=5;issue=2;spage=79;epage=81;aulast=Kamath

I wonder though if this was standard procedure in 1980 and prior..... I certainly hope so...

Just a heads up.
Got my first top plate in app. 1987 and there were no identifying marks.
After 10 years got a new plate and has my name in it.
Kinda silly , but hey if I get lost they can tell who I am.
I mentioned to the dentist (is that so at the retirement home they don't mix up our teeth):)

I am hoping that casts, XRAYS or records survived somewhere. I mean, if she ever was seen at a hospital for a head or mouth related injury, there would be some kind of XRAY likely, or perhaps her dentist still has her file. Even blood or tissue from any kind of surgery might be helpful...longshots all I realize but trust me it would be faster than an exhumation. Peace.

I'm pretty sure that all the kids were gone from the home when she disappeared, but I could be wrong. About the dental records...they were a military family (Air Force, I think) that moved around frequently prior to moving to Grayson County, so if she had dentures done by the military, I don't know how anyone could track that. Maybe someone out there does. At the time Rose disappeared, there were only two dentists in Whitesboro, but I seriously doubt she would use them if free dental work was available through the military. Believe99, how did you find your info, i.e. that the family had done DNA testing, that there was a grave in the basement, etc? Just curious as I'm not getting a response from the daughter and I've about come to the conclusion that there's a division in the family regarding this. I haven't given up, but I'm not going to push too hard right now either. My mother was murdered and I know from experience how difficult it is to talk to people about it sometimes, even years after the fact, so I figure she'll talk when she's ready. Or she won't. It's absolutely her choice. In the meantime, I...and you all...will keep searching, won't we? Thank you all!!

Nothing new here. Unfortunately, the daughter has broken contact. I had hoped maybe she could help. I am so new at this, I have no idea where to go from here.

Nothing new here. Unfortunately, the daughter has broken contact. I had hoped maybe she could help. I am so new at this, I have no idea where to go from here.
Do you believe she broke contact with you, because you are searching for Rose? And family may have put pressure on her?

I just read your post about your Mom, So sorry about your loss! I hope there was some justice for her! I've not been in your shoes, so I cannot imagine, but you will be in my prayers, to ease your pain and sorrow!

I wish there was more to add here, but you're right, nothing new has shown up! Not even a newspaper article to remind us of her missing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back