GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all that the LE had against him I don't think a "not guilty your Honour" would have cut it... he knew the jig was up...I'm not sure how he thinks he has softened the blow to MEH... maybe take the "heat" off her?

After finding out her husband did all these crimes, destroyed so many lives,sexually assaulted 2 woman,brutally raped and murdered 2 beautiful young women.To complain and be so petty over scratches in her wood floor is just beyond me.She even refused to have them refinished, they had to be replaced.All I can say is OMG.

phpWOceDg_thumb_OttawaWilliams.JPG

Ottawa/Orleans home of Williams.

Hi Wondergirl,
Just wanted to clarify that the picture of the home you posted is not the couples' previous home in Orleans but is the one they purchased in 2009 located in the Westboro neighbourhood in Ottawa.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_print.html?id=3685776&tab=PHOT&sponsor=

Wondergirl was supposed to be transcribing from The Globe & Mail's site, but seems to have disappeared shortly after 3:30. So, I'm taking the liberty of posting what she had to miss:

3:38
Greg McArthur - During another interview, he said he didnt want his father visiting him in jail.

3:39
TimothyAppleby - There are currently believed to be no unsolved "cold cases" involving Col. Williams, Mr. Burgess also told the court
3:42
Greg McArthur - Crown attorney Lee Burgess addresses some of the questions that people have raised in the press about whether there should have been better warnings to the public. He pointed out that, before the two attacks in Tweed, there was only one report of a break-in, and there was no indication that it was a fetish thief.
3:44
Greg McArthur - He called the police work "outstanding."
3:48
Jennifer MacMillan - Update from Tim Appleby in the courtroom:

The judge has found Russell Williams guilty on all 88 charges. Court is to resume tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

3:49
Jennifer MacMillan - As Greg mentioned earlier, tomorrow morning will be dedicated to playing the police interview that exposed Col. Williams's secret life as a sexual predator.

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobil...=viewaltcast&altcast_code=e5293dee2c&start=19

Williams Used Intelligencer for Prop:

How brazen was Col. Russell Williams in thumbing his nose at police?

In one self-portrait police found in his thousands of photo files, Williams is shown leering at the camera, a copy of The Intelligencer in his lap with the headline declaring the search for Lloyd had been called off.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2806945

Col. Williams's murder victims pleaded for their lives before death

Greg McArthur and Timothy Appleby
Belleville, Ont.— Globe and Mail Update

Last updated Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2010 4:17PM EDT

Colonel Russell Williams’s two murder victims took completely opposite approaches to saving their lives when he began his vicious attacks _ one fought valiantly and was beaten into submission, while the other did everything she could to cooperate.

Neither approach slowed the confessed killer, a Belleville, Ont., court heard today. :(

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-for-their-lives-before-death/article1763300/

After finding out her husband did all these crimes, destroyed so many lives,sexually assaulted 2 woman,brutally raped and murdered 2 beautiful young women.To complain and be so petty over scratches in her wood floor is just beyond me.She even refused to have them refinished, they had to be replaced.All I can say is OMG.

In case anyone is interested, here is my working theory about this until I hear more.

When RW confessed (without a lawyer), he insisted he wanted to spare his wife. My guess is that he bargained with LE for some of the information (e.g. where to find evidence, the location of JL's remains, etc.) in exchange for granting his wife every consideration possible. Even more likely, the bargaining chip was a guilty plea for having MEH appeased. As I've written before, the cost of a long trial would have been far more expensive than $3000.

Once lawyers became involved and MEH noticed the scratched floors (And who says they were minor? They could have been extensive, for all we know.), she mentioned them to the lawyer, who arranged with the prosecutors for the government to pick up the tab. Since lawyers' hours are expensive, it would have been cheaper to have MEH make the necessary phone calls.

For now, I'm going to believe that this was all part of the deal between the defence attorneys and the Crown. Give MEH whatever it takes to spare the victims and taxpayers a drawn-out trial. I've also said that MEH will probably be wanting to sell that house. Why should she pay for her despicable husband's crimes?

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it's how I feel. Unless I hear more evidence to the contrary, I continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.

JMO

Of course it is always advisable to take the accused's word as gospel. Meanwhile, how many piles of evidence were torched?

He's a sociopath, they shouldn't take his word for anything. He's only admitted to the crimes linked to the evidence police found.

He's a sociopath, they shouldn't take his word for anything. He's only admitted to the crimes linked to the evidence police found.

ITA.

The Crown really worked to show the escalation of the crimes, though.

Do you think that he would have committed the more heinous acts prior to the 2007/2008 break & enter's, and then gone "back" to break & enters?

In case anyone is interested, here is my working theory about this until I hear more.

When RW confessed (without a lawyer), he insisted he wanted to spare his wife. My guess is that he bargained with LE for some of the information (e.g. where to find evidence, the location of JL's remains, etc.) in exchange for granting his wife every consideration possible. Even more likely, the bargaining chip was a guilty plea for having MEH appeased. As I've written before, the cost of a long trial would have been far more expensive than $3000.

Once lawyers became involved and MEH noticed the scratched floors (And who says they were minor? They could have been extensive, for all we know.), she mentioned them to the lawyer, who arranged with the prosecutors for the government to pick up the tab. Since lawyers' hours are expensive, it would have been cheaper to have MEH make the necessary phone calls.

For now, I'm going to believe that this was all part of the deal between the defence attorneys and the Crown. Give MEH whatever it takes to spare the victims and taxpayers a drawn-out trial. I've also said that MEH will probably be wanting to sell that house. Why should she pay for her despicable husband's crimes?

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it's how I feel. Unless I hear more evidence to the contrary, I continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.

JMO

No need to apologize.. we all see things differently..my opinion is that MEH had some inkling of her husbands "interests"...not that she knew he was the "thief in the night" but she would have to be BD&D not to suspect something amiss...B&E all around her in Orlean's and Tweed...all except her house...

I'm feeling that he was doing things like 'peeping' before the break and enters. B/E is so risky that I have a feeling there must have been behaviour that led up to it like peeping on women and girls. He could have also photographed women and girls without their knowledge in public. These are just suggestions of things he may have done and there isn't any evidence revealed that supports this....yet. JMO

ITA.

The Crown really worked to show the escalation of the crimes, though.

Do you think that he would have committed the more heinous acts prior to the 2007/2008 break & enter's, and then gone "back" to break & enters?

He likely had been into voyeurism years before, along with cross dressing in private. Since his crimes indicated a strong desire to control people (not just his women victims, but the police and news media). He may have been involved in prior attempted abductions and/or rapes or rough encounters with prostitutes. As his case shows, so many incidents go unreported, so it may be difficult to trace them back.

No need to apologize.. we all see things differently..my opinion is that MEH had some inkling of her husbands "interests"...not that she knew he was the "thief in the night" but she would have to be BD&D not to suspect something amiss...B&E all around her in Orlean's and Tweed...all except her house...

"He broke into some of the homes several times but of his 48 victims, only 17 reported break-ins to police before he was arrested."

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/Russell+Williams+stripped+military+rank/3687544/story.html

How were the 17 reported break-ins spread out between Orleans and Tweed? And how many of those were known to the public? Remember that LE didn't connect them until after the arrest. I think it's likely that MEH didn't hear about more than a very few.

It does seem believable that his female undergarment fetish may have been known to her. It's possible he could have tried some of hers on and she found out about it. But this is not an uncommon (and usually harmless) sexual aberration. She need not have connected them to burglaries. When you love and trust your husband, some things just don't occur to you.

So, yes. Maybe an inkling of something amiss, but not burglary, sadism and a capability of murder. I just refuse to believe it.

JMO

Williams struck Lloyd with a flashlight. There is a large expanding pool of blood around her head. Williams then strangled Lloyd with rope.

He then drove back to CFB Trenton and stayed at the based on the night of Fri. Jan. 29th. He slept there. He had a flight to California. He returned, worked in his office, then went to Ottawa until Tuesday. Then Williams returned to Tweed, dumped Lloyd’s body off in a field. Williams then cleaned his house and truck.

He said he killed Lloyd because he thought if she lived police would trace the crimes back to him given his previous attacks.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/10/19/liveblog-col-russel-williams-hearing-day-2/

Macleans Liveblog [2:05 PM]

Seeing police photos of a field near Lloyd’s house showing footprints of Williams and Lloyd in the snow, and tire tracks.

Lloyd sat in the front seat, still duct taped.

He made her take a shower, and got in the shower with her. He took photos of her in there, her eyes still covered, her arms still bound, and the ziptie still around her neck.

She says the water is hot on her arms, which had turned purple.

He washes her body with soap.

Williams says he let her sleep for a few hours. She had a seizure, which she said was due to stress.

She says she doesn’t feel good, and asks to go to the hospital. Williams rubs her and tells her take deep breaths. She asks him to take her to the hospital or bring her home if he can’t. She slurs and convulses. Her eyes are still duct taped. He tells her to relax and not bite her tongue. She continues to convulse, and says he has to take her somewhere or she’s going to die. He cradles her face and whispers, “What can I do?” She says “Don’t let me bite my tongue,” and that she only has 20 minutes.
He turns the videocamera onto her as she gags and convulses.

Williams tells her to stand. She vomits. She says she doesn’t want to die. She says she should have told him this last night. “I never even thought. I’m sorry.”
He brushes her hair out of her eyes. Williams is conscious of the position of the camera. Lloyd begs him, “Can you drop me off?” She falls to the floor, and asks again and again.

Williams crouches behind her. Lloyd says she’s not making this up. She repeats she’s going to die if he doesn’t take her.

Lloyd stands and says she won’t look at him. Williams says he’s going to get her jeans. She asks to have the rope off of her. She garbles, “I think I bit my tongue.”
She cries, and asks him to promise to take her to the hospital. He puts her jeans on and belt. “Hang in there, baby, hang in there,” he says.

He gets her sweater. He starts to take off the rope. Lloyd says, “I don’t want to die, please.” She cries, and says, “If I die will you make sure that my mom knows that I love her?”

In the courtroom, cries are heard. There is a pause by the Crown.

In the footage, Lloyd is crying as she is led out of the room. Williams shuts off the camera.

He says he let her sleep after that.

Next photos are of her apparently sleeping. The rope is gone, but the duct tape is still there on her eyes. Unclear if ziptie is still around her neck.

An autopsy determined Lloyd died from asphyxiation but that there were other significant injuries including blunt trauma. :(

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/MSNHome/20101019/russell-williams-101019/

Another good video interview at your link w/ Dr. Brad Booth, psychiatrist. He gives a good psych analysis of Williams and criminals like him. Williams is a sexual sadist as well as a highly functioning person.

Williams escalated his crimes because he could and because he liked committing these crimes. He took great pleasure in torturing and killing women. He saw nothing wrong with it, will probably always feel that way.

I wonder if they are checking any sex crimes, murders in any other countries he may have been to.

Williams struck Lloyd with a flashlight. There is a large expanding pool of blood around her head. Williams then strangled Lloyd with rope.

He then drove back to CFB Trenton and stayed at the based on the night of Fri. Jan. 29th. He slept there. He had a flight to California. He returned, worked in his office, then went to Ottawa until Tuesday. Then Williams returned to Tweed, dumped Lloyd’s body off in a field. Williams then cleaned his house and truck.

He said he killed Lloyd because he thought if she lived police would trace the crimes back to him given his previous attacks.

So Jessica was in RW's garage from Friday, Jan 29th until the Tuesday? She was in his garage for 5 days? I know it was cold but really??? I wonder if there was any smell at all or if anyone's dogs were picking up the scent and acting strange around his property? He was pretty confident to just leave her there while he was gone for so long. WOW.

[1:43 PM]
He photographed the confinement and assault. She is still, but breathing heavily. Her arms are tied together, and tied to the headboard.

Crown points out that Williams has more control in this situation than in previous attacks.

[1:42 PM]
He went in while she was sleeping her. She woke up, and he tied her up with rope and put duct tape over her eyes. He took photos of her in the hallway wearing a tank top and track pants.

[1:40 PM]
Williams went back to her house and parked his Nissan Pathfinder nearby. He watched her house from the back of the house. He could see her bedroom window, and waited until her light went out

[1:38 PM]
Williams didn’t know her. He saw her on her treadmill, he said.

Lloyd went to a friend’s house. Williams broke into her house through the kitchen window. Looked around to make sure she lived alone. He left.

She returned home from friend’s house, and texted that she was safe at home. That was the last time anyone heard from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member