The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't find it overly unusual that he would want to segregate himself from the general population of the prison. He might just be fearing for his life because of the crime he's currently sitting in prison for. I mean, you know that prisoners have a code of conduct too. And for some reason you can be the worst piece of garbage...but don't let the person's crime have anything to do with a deveant act...ie. abduction, rape, child, etc., otherwise their fair game in prison. It really could be as simple as that. May be he got there, was threatened a couple of times by some guys that scared even him, and he decided he could hack it in solitary confinement better then he could hack it in general population. May be the big scary ranger wasn't as tough as he's army background would misslead one into believing he was.

And I don't find it overly unusual that he would want to segregate himself from the general population of the prison. He might just be fearing for his life because of the crime he's currently sitting in prison for. I mean, you know that prisoners have a code of conduct too. And for some reason you can be the worst piece of garbage...but don't let the person's crime have anything to do with a deveant act...ie. abduction, rape, child, etc., otherwise their fair game in prison. It really could be as simple as that. May be he got there, was threatened a couple of times by some guys that scared even him, and he decided he could hack it in solitary confinement better then he could hack it in general population. May be the big scary ranger wasn't as tough as he's army background would misslead one into believing he was.

As a general rule there is a "pecking order" of hierarchy in prison. To my knowledge Cox has never been accused of being a child molester who are the lowest of the low. They are usually the ones to wind up with a home made sheave shoved in their chest in the laundry room. There are a multitudes of murderers in prison and as a general rule they seem to occupy the top rung so to speak in respectability. In Texas, because of or ethnic make-up there are two gangs which comprise much of the inmate population, and one of them is the Aryan Brotherhood and then the "Mexican Mafia." This tells some of their history.

http://www.insideprison.com/mexican-mafia-prison-gang.asp

Each of these groups look out for one another and so long as one doesn't rat out another they will usually be OK. I'm not sure where Cox fits in with these groups. What I do seem to recall and it was only bye inference that IF the Aryan Brotherhood was involved and if Cox had any connections to it it might explain why he has chosen his course of action in prison. Running his mouth probably didn't endear him to the other inmates at Lovelady and he has subsequently shut down communication altogether.

The reason I raised the issue of the Aryan Brotherhood is because my remembrance of hearing about them from a member of the Springfield LE community and how they would never talk. Since we have, evidently to this day, some 12 viable suspects all agreed upon by four separate agencies it occurred to me why no one has ever spilled the beans. These two bit players, "Moe", "Curly" and "Larry", don't seem to me to be the ones to keep their traps shut if they were in any way involved. As rumor has it, "Moe" was going to give up the location of the remains but evidently nothing he ever said, either by choice or on advice of counsel ever led to anything constructive so he rots away in a Missouri prison cell. What connection that "Moe" has to Cox is only what we can glean from Cox's reference to "Moe" in his letters. Since we know almost to a certainty where the van went to the infamous farm out near Rogersville/Northview and if any of these individuals had any connections to those characters one might extrapolate from that they had something in common or at least common knowledge of what went down. One would think that over these nearly two decades something would have slipped out from someone who had knowledge. Hence, my suggestion we COULD be dealing with a tightly knit group of psychopaths like the Aryan Brotherhood. For one of them to talk comes with it the death penalty. Just my random thoughts.

BTW, I read on another forum that the lead detective on this case has subsequently retired. I do not know the current officer assigned to this case in the event anyone wants to share that here. The last officer I had seen publically mentioned was Kevin Routh who was one of the officers who interviewed Cox in prison. He has now risen up the ranks to Major as I recall.

As rumor has it, "Moe" was going to give up the location of the remains but evidently nothing he ever said, either by choice or on advice of counsel ever led to anything constructive so he rots away in a Missouri prison cell. What connection that "Moe" has to Cox is only what we can glean from
Cox's reference to "Moe" in his letters. Since we know almost to a certainty where the van went to the infamous farm out near Rogersville/Northview and if any of these individuals had any connections to those characters one might extrapolate from that they had something in common or at least common knowledge of what went down.

I think the guy who cox mentions in his letters is who your refering to as "Moe" correct.
What are you getting at when you make a reference to the "Infamous Farm" Could you expound on this topic for me. I remember reading something about this farm east of Springfield but I guess I didn't get the whole story or implication of the story.
This case bugs the heck out of me! I know that the answer is right there just waiting to come to light....but it never seems to does it!

There is no virtual certainty that the van went to that infamous farm. We know that the van went east toward the highway at least the one that was seen. Unfortunately there is nothing certain in this case.

What "Infamous Farm" are we refering to? I've been away for a little while and apparently I've missed a couple things....Catch me up on this angle!!!

Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?

Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?

Garrison led LE to the Robb farm for the purpose of showing them where the bodies supposedly were, but he ended up changing his mind about doing so and nothing came of it.

So does anyone think that there is something to the whole Robb farm theory??? Think thats where the 3MW are buried????

Also...I ran accross something else on a forum in which someone stated that a few years ago someone found a Shoe Box in a crawl space in a house in springfield that had a bunch of newspaper clipping about the 3MW case as well as 4-Rings. A couple of "Spoon" style rings and another that was like a birthstones type of ring with a yellow stone in it. Has anyone else ever heard of this??? It was the first I've heard of it?

There is no virtual certainty that the van went to that infamous farm. We know that the van went east toward the highway at least the one that was seen. Unfortunately there is nothing certain in this case.

Actually, that is correct. It is not a virtual certainty but we can infer that the route out of town would have put it into approximate proximity to that farm. And we know that six people have met their demise there. It is not unreasonable to suppose there may have been a connection. But on the point you are making, you are correct. There is no "virtual certainty" that the van went there to that specific address. I stand corrected.

Also...I ran accross something else on a forum in which someone stated that a few years ago someone found a Shoe Box in a crawl space in a house in springfield that had a bunch of newspaper clipping about the 3MW case as well as 4-Rings. A couple of "Spoon" style rings and another that was like a birthstones type of ring with a yellow stone in it. Has anyone else ever heard of this??? It was the first I've heard of it?

I tried to run this down a couple of months back and it was never determined to be related. I should think that that could have been knocked down easily if there was no relationship but so far as I know nothing definitive was ever established regarding the "spoon rings." There were some actual photos of these rings posted on another site. One would think that if they were worn by either Sherrill or Suzie someone would have come forth to verify and up or down connection. There are known to be 221 clients (as counted) in the rolodex and at least two more people who are not in the rolodex files. It would seem logical someone would have seen the photos and connected them to Sherrill while she was doing her work. But it came to nothing as of this time. I'm looking into that to run it to ground. Also the Aryan Brotherhood has come up again. I'm still trying to figure out how 12 agreed upon suspects have been able to maintain silence over nearly two decades. That requires an iron willed discipline to enforce that. (Of course that is true if they are connected or just among a total list of uneliminated suspects)

I seriously doubt there is anything to SHerrill being on a cruise ship. She had purchased her house two months before this crime. I am assuming it would have taken her time and resources, probably not leaving much for a cruise. If that is true it is something I had never heard. There is a lot of junk out there on the boards. Anyone with a rumor throws it out there, which has been the problem with the case since the beginning.

I seriously doubt there is anything to SHerrill being on a cruise ship. She had purchased her house two months before this crime. I am assuming it would have taken her time and resources, probably not leaving much for a cruise. If that is true it is something I had never heard. There is a lot of junk out there on the boards. Anyone with a rumor throws it out there, which has been the problem with the case since the beginning.

I agree that there is a lot of junk out there on the boards. I just found that cruse ship theory and thought I'd throw it out there.

Let me add to what Trooogrit said on this. Sherrill could not qualify for the mortgage when she purchased the house in April. The bank required that the seller carry back a second note on the mortgage, which he agreed to do. Sherrill asked him to carry back an even greater amount so that she could have central air conditioning installed in the house, which the seller agreed to do. Sherrill had no money. Even if she had been invited on a cruise as someone's guest Sherrill would have lost valuable earnings by missing out on work and Suzie would have been in school still. Based on what both Sherrill's and Suzie's friends have said about Sherrill, she would not have been the type to go on such a "date" and she would not have left Suzie there in Springfield alone.

I tried to run this down a couple of months back and it was never determined to be related. I should think that that could have been knocked down easily if there was no relationship but so far as I know nothing definitive was ever established regarding the "spoon rings." There were some actual photos of these rings posted on another site. One would think that if they were worn by either Sherrill or Suzie someone would have come forth to verify and up or down connection. There are known to be 221 clients (as counted) in the rolodex and at least two more people who are not in the rolodex files. It would seem logical someone would have seen the photos and connected them to Sherrill while she was doing her work. But it came to nothing as of this time. I'm looking into that to run it to ground. Also the Aryan Brotherhood has come up again. I'm still trying to figure out how 12 agreed upon suspects have been able to maintain silence over nearly two decades. That requires an iron willed discipline to enforce that. (Of course that is true if they are connected or just among a total list of uneliminated suspects)
Well it is pretty simple they have 12 suspects and probably at least 9 of them are inocent I can say there are 8 known publicly and they arent tied together. Nothing Iron willed about that. Is there any one of these confirmed to be involved in the Aryan brotherhood? Until affiliation with that group is confirmed it is just the flavor of the week in speculation.

Why did Robb state that the 3MW had been disposed of at his farm. What prompted him to say this....if he actually did in the first place. But if he did say or imply this, there had to be a reason for it. I wonder if he was being truthful?

Well it is pretty simple they have 12 suspects and probably at least 9 of them are inocent I can say there are 8 known publicly and they arent tied together. Nothing Iron willed about that. Is there any one of these confirmed to be involved in the Aryan brotherhood? Until affiliation with that group is confirmed it is just the flavor of the week in speculation.

I understand that but what intrigues me is how 12 people remain on the list of four separate agencies. I find that intriguing. What I also find intriguing is that they categorically state this was sexual assault. This suggests to me that they are holding back a whole lot of information they are not sharing with the public. And I recall that one officer has stated that in his view none of the suspects that he knew about could keep a secret for a year much less nearly two decades. Then there was the casual conversation I had with a LE officer who brought up the matter of the AB and how they would never give up a member of their group, upon penalty of death. And finally, we have the still unexplained reason why Cox chooses voluntarily to remain in "the hole." Since he had a bad habit of running his mouth in the past he may have gotten word that a contract was out on his life. I rather doubt he fears for his life from either "Moe", "Larry" or "Curly." So that makes me wonder about the AB and any connection to biker gangs, which are often interconnected.

Having said this, it is all speculation. But at this point, what else do we have? I've argued forever that this was about money. But if in fact there is proof sufficient for all four agencies to be in agreement that this was sexual assault, it appears that shoots that theory in the head.

I've have even heard it alleged that Stacy had escaped out of the back of the home and was recaptured and her (bloody?) footprint on the side of the home trying to get back INTO the home! (???) Doesn't seem logical to me but it came from someone who supposedly knew something. (Does anyone really know anything?) The police spokesman said on KY3 about three years ago that he believed the case would be solved. Now he has evidently retired. What gave him the optimism to issue this statement? No one knows.

What would please me no end is if the police would simply speak to the crime and go over the various facts already publicly published at one time or another and put them in some kind of logical sequence and probability so we aren't plowing the same ground with our own novel theories. At this point, it doesn't appear the case is even being worked. If it is, I am unaware of it.

Why did Robb state that the 3MW had been disposed of at his farm. What prompted him to say this....if he actually did in the first place. But if he did say or imply this, there had to be a reason for it. I wonder if he was being truthful?

When did he say that? I've never heard that before. To my knowledge there have been six people murdered there; three while the elder Robb was still alive and three at a later time although I am going on recollection. I cannot recall ever reading or hearing that anyone has ever said the remains were disposed on his farm.

Ok...I found where the comment regarding Francis Robb stating that the women were taken to the farm. It was on a topix forum and I haven't found anything else about it anywhere else yet...but I'll post the content of the posts on the forum that pertain to the 3MW and the Robb farm:

Posted 02/25/2009 by "Unknown Poster"...on Topix Forum:

"If Francis Robb Said the ladies were ground up and feed to the pigs it should be taken serious, a few years ago his nephew did do this and got caut, just a few miles from Fancies farm in Northview,Mo. years ago the police went to a friends farm in Marshfield looking for stolen fur coats while surching his house he told the police if he had any fur coats he would make dog beds out of them the police didnt believe him they didnt find anything and left, What he said was true he had the furs in the dog house and got away with it, What ever Mr Robb said in prison should be taken serious, These people were mean you dont ever want to trust them these men would kill someone in a miniute, I was at a house years ago in Springfield, Francis was there among other people I knew, one of the guys had been takeing drugs that night I woke uo in the middle of the night and one of the guys had a knife at my throat I said what are you doing he said what does it look like He thought he seen someone comeing in the window and I taked him into letting me up to go see who it was,I was so lucky to get out of there, This man was killed in a car wreak a few years later it is sad to say but I was so glad he died,I am stll thankful today to be away from them, HIS dad and brother is still around which also was good friends with Francis Robb,They are a hell of a lot meaner when I go near Marshfield I use a different name,his dad was the one with the fur coats, When someone says they did something dont egnore it it can be true"

Here is the posting that proceeded the one I just posted
Posted on 03/03/2007 by Ladybug..on Topix Forum:

"Rumor has had it in town since the disappeared they were taken by drug lords in K.C., Mo. The two girls were prositutes and all three were on drugs. A man on death row stated before he died the were ground up and fed to the pigs.. I do not believe the three bodies are those girls."

Now the "Prostitute" part I don't buy...but I believe the person she's refering to was Francis Robb...right?
I wish I could find these statement's that were supposidly made my "One of the Robb's" in a local newspaper article...it would make them a little more creditable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow