2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is good news. Maybe they will lift the abatement tomorrow and Kaine can get the divorce he wants. Since she cannot seek visitation at this point, I don't see any reason why they can't just draw up papers and she can sign them and walk away. Since there are no charges pending, I don't see why she can't get a job and pay some child support besides.

We were probably lucky to get that much info. Nothing found in a couple of other news sources in Portland. Maybe tomorrow will bring more reports.

The speculation with the original RO was that the judge had sealed info from LE that supported the RO. I don't know enough about legal matters to know if that is a possibility, but her lawyers don't seem to be fighting the RO.

Well, this is good news. Maybe they will lift the abatement tomorrow and Kaine can get the divorce he wants. Since she cannot seek visitation at this point, I don't see any reason why they can't just draw up papers and she can sign them and walk away. Since there are no charges pending, I don't see why she can't get a job and pay some child support besides.

Good luck finding news about the abatement and finalizing the divorce. I'm surprised there was so little news about the RO. Maybe the news sources are waiting until something happens tomorrow.

It might be difficult for her to find a decent job. The economy is slow, and she is notorious.

Good luck finding news about the abatement and finalizing the divorce. I'm surprised there was so little news about the RO. Maybe the news sources are waiting until something happens tomorrow.

It might be difficult for her to find a decent job. The economy is slow, and she is notorious.

If she is ordered to pay child support, she will have to get a job. There is always Walmart and Shari's.

I agree that she will not be able to pay any child support as she is not able to get a job due to what has happened this past year. She will not have to pay any support if she is not allowed to see her child.

I agree that she will not be able to pay any child support as she is not able to get a job due to what has happened this past year. She will not have to pay any support if she is not allowed to see her child.

Oh yes she will. I don't know about other states, but the state of Oregon bases child support on the child. It's not the child's fault that her mother has been ordered not to see her, so she will have to pay support once it is ordered by the court, but not until then.

BTW, I've been told by an attorney and law enforcement that ROs are not easy to get in Oregon either. So the judge must have not liked what he/she saw in evidence.

If she is ordered to pay child support, she will have to get a job. There is always Walmart and Shari's.

My husband is a manager for Shari's & there is no way that corporation would hire the likes of Terri Horman. They have standards, believe it or not.

Maybe she could get a job at McDonald's or some other fast-food establishment, or maybe she could clean rooms at some seedy motel.

It's been a year since she's seen her daughter, that really says a lot. I just can't imagine an innocent parent going about things this way, no matter how much heat law enforcement was throwing at you. From her Facebook and even from the texts with MC it did seem that Terri cared about her daughter. This just reinforces my belief that she is very likely responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

Oh yes she will. I don't know about other states, but the state of Oregon bases child support on the child. It's not the child's fault that her mother has been ordered not to see her, so she will have to pay support once it is ordered by the court, but not until then.

BTW, I've been told by an attorney and law enforcement that ROs are not easy to get in Oregon either. So the judge must have not liked what he/she saw in evidence.

Just a couple of questions. In Oregon is the child support determined on a sliding scale due to income or is there a set minimum she will be told to pay? In my state both parents must submit an itemized list of expenses and the judge looks them over then announces how much the court believes the person can afford. At least children are promised a fair amount in Oregon.

It has been a while since I have posted on this case, but IIRC some of the problem for her is making statements under oath (on paper) regarding financial assets and responding to interogatories.

The million dollar question was how she paid Houze's retainer fee and whether the funds could be considered marital assets, correct?

She conceeded the restraining order again, effectively walking away from her child. Just like last year, I have to believe that she either believes Kaine is the better parent or she stands to lose too much by fighting it. Or both.

She conceeded the restraining order again, effectively walking away from her child. Just like last year, I have to believe that she either believes Kaine is the better parent or she stands to lose too much by fighting it. Or both.

I completely concur....in my mind, an innocent person does not walk away from their child without a fight. If she is truly innocent then it also speaks to the fact that she MUST wholeheartedly believe neither Kaine nor Desiree had any part in Kyron's disappearance or she would be fighting with her life to insure the safety of Baby K. To have no suspicion of either of them tells me she must know who did it or just be very stupid.

All evidence leads to the fact that she cared for her daughter when they were together....walking away seems like an unspoken confession to me.

For Gods sake, these delays are so frustrating....just make a deal for immunity or a reduced sentence for Gods sake, pay the consequences you brought upon yourself and tell these parents where their baby is!!!!!

Its been one year, 26 days....where is this beautiful baby!???!!!!!

No new details. I wish they would release more info.

Freshly back from Alaska, I see tonight's 11pm KOIN News is reporting a new tack in Kyron's investigation. If it sounds like something really newsworthy :eek:hwow::giggle:, I'll start a thread.

On my trip, whenever someone learned where I was from they invariably mentioned Kyron. There are many dear people out there pulling for him. YaYa

ETA: Just heard another blip and they now said the investigation has a new focus. Hmmmmmmm

It has been a while since I have posted on this case, but IIRC some of the problem for her is making statements under oath (on paper) regarding financial assets and responding to interogatories.

The million dollar question was how she paid Houze's retainer fee and whether the funds could be considered marital assets, correct?

Hi Believe, I learned today that the media, ABC News, paid for Casey Anthony's retainer fee's. I had no idea ??? Maybe the media gave her money, after all Houze is a good man for them to court, so to say. IMO

Just a couple of questions. In Oregon is the child support determined on a sliding scale due to income or is there a set minimum she will be told to pay? In my state both parents must submit an itemized list of expenses and the judge looks them over then announces how much the court believes the person can afford. At least children are promised a fair amount in Oregon.

It's calculated via a formula involving both parents' resources. http://www.divorcenet.com/states/oregon/or_faq06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305