NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly, you've brought up something very interesting. I recently was "in the market" for a new kitty and stumbled upon something amazing. Although there must be literally thousands of pets in the state I live in, the shelter where I got our cat brings all of its animals in from another state -several states away, in fact. They routinely have people driving these cats up from Kentucky to New York (yes, you read that right!) I was simply astounded. However, what I've realized since then is that this is a very common practice. I'm not sure why, but apparently this happens all over the country. (Puhleaze! .....like NY doesn't have enough stray cats looking for "forever homes"!!)

Sometimes these are long trips for one driver, but often they arrange "tag teams" and relay them, one person only driving a hundred or so miles. However, they do seem to use volunteers. I wonder who would pay (well) for this kind of service? A private pet owner giving their beloved pet away to someone in another state? I could see this if it were some sort of exotic pet -african gray parrot or something. The other thing I could see would be illegal or dangerous pets --poisonous snakes or other animals. I do think that there is a pretty big "exotic pet" trade and maybe some of this would require transport from larger cities to smaller. Something to think about. I think that it would be a tremendous stretch to think Steven were knowingly transporting something illegal, but it strikes me that a very hard-up person might do something a lot less "mainstream" than he would otherwise -and hide it from his friends and family.

Yeah I was shocked to see that they deliver animals over state lines when in fact many states are very anal about delivery of fruit. But I had never even heard of this.

Either way I am sure that Steven Koecher was headed to an interview of some kind, and we have clearly shown that he didn't need to use his cell phone in that so many of these ads say to either just show up.

I am starting to wonder if it was a some kind of delivery job.

I am currently in the process of looking for someone in that neighborhood who advertised for employment. There was a listing for one person back about a year ago who advertised for some kind of employment services I believe on Portsmouth Creek Ave.

I mentioned this in an earlier post. But when I called the phone number that was listed a man answered the phone and I simply said, "Do you do hiring?" The man on the other line immediately became suspicious and said, "Who is this and what do you want."

I called the Henderson P.D. about it and the detective told me to forward the information to the P.I. and I did. I don't know whatever came of the information that I did forward.

Kelly

CNN didn't even mention Steven, but someone in the comments at the bottom did, which made me come running here again to see if you all had heard of it. Doesn't sound good.

CNN didn't even mention Steven, but someone in the comments at the bottom did, which made me come running here again to see if you all had heard of it. Doesn't sound good.

No I did not hear that. No it doesn't sound good at all. Even if it is not Steven it is never good to find remains in the desert.

Kelly

I saw the comments at the bottom of the article and yes there is some speculation that it could be Steven Koecher. But there are some people who think, once again there is some connection to the Powell case.

I have no patience with conspiracy theories or mere speculation. In the case of J. Edgar Hoover there is the theory that he was a cross dresser, the idea that Pope Pius XII was in league with Hitler and finally JFK was killed by the CIA.

But for some reason people love a good conspiracy theory even though most of them are not based in fact.

I always try to go where the evidence leads. In this case there is no evidence of a connection with Susan Powell.

Kelly

I have now watched the video of Steven walking for about the 100th time and it finally dawned on me that he really is going to meet someone. This is the walk of someone who is heading to a destination that he knows about. He is holding something and that is probably an application, resume or something.

There's no doubt any longer that he was heading to someone's house in that neighborhood, and it is clear that someone in that neighborhood is either lying or has moved away.

If you are walking in the same direction as Steven is walking, then the home is on the right side if it is on Evening Lights.

This guy didn't just walk away from his life. Someone did harm to him.

I have personally spoken to the detective on this case and after their initial search of the area they simply have nowhere to go and I don't believe that they have put that much effort into finding Steven. I don't blame them, they just have so little to go on.

But efforts should be made on finding out who lived that area and has moved shortly thereafter his disappearance.

Kelly

I have now watched the video of Steven walking for about the 100th time and it finally dawned on me that he really is going to meet someone. This is the walk of someone who is heading to a destination that he knows about. He is holding something and that is probably an application, resume or something.

Kelly
RSBM

Initial reports about the body found in the desert indicated some clothing was still with the body. I believe it mentioned jeans & a belt. Has there been any description of the clothing Steven was wearing that day? Can you tell from the video?
TIA

I haven't been posting but I have followed Steven's case. I admit, details have slipped my mind as it's gone on for so long and many theories discussed.

While Steven does have ties to the area where the body in the Utah desert was found it is quite a ways away from where he was last seen. We've speculated that whatever happened to Steven started in St George. Did it end outside of SLC? It would be interesting if it is him and I pray his family can find closure.

RSBM

Initial reports about the body found in the desert indicated some clothing was still with the body. I believe it mentioned jeans & a belt. Has there been any description of the clothing Steven was wearing that day? Can you tell from the video?
TIA

I haven't been posting but I have followed Steven's case. I admit, details have slipped my mind as it's gone on for so long and many theories discussed.
If he was going for a job interview, even a casual one (as has been theorized), I think he would have been wearing something nicer than jeans, like chinos maybe. I don't remember what he was wearing in the video either, though, although I have a vague memory of a collared button-down shirt.

Stockton is approx 6-7 hrs away from Henderson, where Steven’s car was found/he was last seen on video. If this is him, how did he get up to Utah?

At one time there was a possible sighting of him in Provo near his grandmother’s home. Provo is only about an hour away from Stockton, so maybe he was in the area....

Stockton is approx 6-7 hrs away from Henderson, where Steven’s car was found/he was last seen on video. If this is him, how did he get up to Utah?

At one time there was a possible sighting of him in Provo near his grandmother’s home. Provo is only about an hour away from Stockton, so maybe he was in the area....

Someone could have driven him there- possibly alive or possibly not. I wonder though, if this body is that of another male hiker who went missing nearby. That person went hiking I believe was never seen again and was a youngish male wearing jeans.

This case always comes back to who & why?

Who was Steven going to meet in SCA?
Why was Steven meeting someone in SCA?
Who would have given Steven a ride to Utah (speculating if this is his body that was just found)
Why would someone give Steven a ride to Utah?
Who would harm Steven?
Why would someone harm Steven?

These are the questions that need to be answered.

Who would have given Steven a ride to Utah (speculating if this is his body that was just found)
Who would harm Steven?

I believe these are the questions we have been trying to answer since he has been missing,

One of my theories, was that someone hired him for some kind of work. I put this in several posts long ago. My husband talked to someone in law enforcement, who has dealt with case like this in Arizona. This might not be real common, but it happens, and its just a newer way to deliver illegal drugs and other illegal things.

Tooele is not far from Wendover. Maybe he was making deliveries there?

Has it ever been said how close LE looked at the people living in SCA?

I believe these are the questions we have been trying to answer since he has been missing,

One of my theories, was that someone hired him for some kind of work. I put this in several posts long ago. My husband talked to someone in law enforcement, who has dealt with case like this in Arizona. This might not be real common, but it happens, and its just a newer way to deliver illegal drugs and other illegal things.

Tooele is not far from Wendover. Maybe he was making deliveries there?

I could actually see this. The main route through the Tooele Valley to Stockton is SR36. That connects up north to I-80, which is one of the biggest drug running routes in the Western US. There are frequent arrests on I-80 of people who are running drugs. Many of those thought they were transporting something else entirely.

And another thought. Who in their right mind would dump a body where the County Attorney lives? Everyone out here knows the Hogan's own that land. Makes me think the perp isn't local.

I don't think it's SK's body in Tooele. FYI, Steven had light pants on in the video, but it doesn't mean it was the last thing he was wearing.

I'll say one thing. If it is SK in Tooele, then I think there is a good possibility of SP being very close too.

Who would harm Steven?

We think he was going to meet a prospective employer of some kind, at least that is my theory.

He was looking for a job everywhere. As the show Disappeared points out St. George was hit hard by the recession and Steven probably ventured out of the city to find work.

Don't know that this is his body. Might not be.

Who would hurt Steven? Well there are alot of bad people in the world, it could be anyone.

Why would they harm him? For thrills, possible because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Saw something that he wasn't suppose to. Got into an argument with someone. We don't know.

I really believe that he is a victim of crime. I think that he went for a job and that is when it happened.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member