GUILTY OH - Mark Edwards for child sexual abuse, Springfield, 2014

Sunrisenow

Reaction score
[modsnip]

A manhunt is underway for a 44-year-old man suspected of abducting a 14-year-old girl out of Clark County for the second time since September.

Clark County Sheriff Gene Kelly said the public could be at risk if the suspect, identified as 44-year-old Mark Edwards, attempts to do something desperate to escape capture. He is possibly armed with guns and knives.

Acting on a tip, deputies responded to a Knight's Inn hotel on West Main Street in Springfield at 2:30 a.m. to look for Bruce and the suspect. Items belonging to Edwards and MB were located in a room, but the two were not at the hotel.

Deputies later spotted a car Edwards had rented and chased it, but the car ran a red light, at which time deputies stopped their pursuit. The car was later found abandoned at Rebert Pike and Cottage Drive in Springfield, and despite a search of the area, Edwards and the girl weren’t located. Officials said Edwards' wife rented the vehicle Tuesday.

An Amber Alert was issued for the girl at the time of her disappearance in September, but one has not been issued for her most recent disappearance. Deputies said they believe MB went willingly, so they can't issue an Amber Alert.

Edwards is scheduled to go to trial March 4 on six counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and interference with custody for allegedly having a sexual relationship with the victim previously. He posted bond in December.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/girl-14-missing-out-clark-county/ndcqt/

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state-ohio/clark-county-deputies-search-missing-14-year-old-girl

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shar...-clark-co-teen-believed-older-man-29500.shtml

Deputies can't order an Amber Alert bc the "victim left willingly?" SHE IS 14 YEARS OLD & THE 44YO PERP IS HAVING SEX WITH HER. A 14yo cannot willingly make these types of decisions.

What is going on here?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheriff: Edwards is Believed to be Armed and in a Desperate Situation, Could be Threat to Public
"He doesn't have the means of money, a vehicle, so if he's going to try and escape Clark County he is going to have to have help or he's going to have to make it happen. Rob, Steal a car, do something to get the means to get out of Clark County," Sheriff Kelley said at a press conference Wednesday.

Edwards could pose a public threat because deputies believed he is armed and in a desperate situation. He could take violent action to escape arrest.

http://www.fox45now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wrgt_vid_18855.shtml

Missing Alert Issued For Missing 14-Year-Old Springfield Girl

MB is described as a white female who is 5'2", 110 pounds, with blond or strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a white sweatshirt with "Mason" written on the front, blue jeans and glasses.

Mark Edwards is described as a black male who is 5'1", tall and weighs 135 pounds. He has short, black hair and brown eyes.

The missing alert was issued for Clark, Champaign, Greene, Madison, Miami and Montgomery counties.

Source: http://www.nbc4i.com/story/24829006/missing-alert-issued-for-14-year-old-springfield-girl

Manhunt underway for abduction suspect, teen victim

Officials believe Edwards and Bruce are on foot unless someone has offered them help. Deputies have no reason to believe the two have left the area, and said if he's going to try to escape Clark County he will either need help or he will have to commit a crime, such as rob or steal, to make an escape possible.

Officials said Bruce is at risk -- Edwards knows he is facing serious felony charges, and he could put the girl at risk if he attempts to rob or steal as they are on the run.

Deputies said they believe Bruce went willingly, so they can't issue an Amber Alert.

Sources:

http://www.whio.com/news/news/girl-14-missing-out-clark-county/ndcqt/

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/girl-14-missing-out-clark-county/ndcqt/

If they're on the run on foot, they're going to be freezing cold.

The temperatures have been in the low 20's all day long here in Ohio.

Overnight temperatures are expected to be in the low teens with the wind chill around zero or below zero.

I also noticed their descriptions didn't mention anything about either one of them wearing a winter coat or jacket.

Why can't an Amber Alert be issued for a minor when they go willingly? Example, a non custodial parent takes their child willingly one is issued. How is this different? She is a minor! Also, why when they blew a red light did the pursuit stop? I understand safety, but LE are allowed and do go through red lights all the time where I live. This is an adult who has previously had sex with a child!

I hope there was a restraining order against him as well. I would like to know how they were in contact.

Why can't an Amber Alert be issued for a minor when they go willingly? Example, a non custodial parent takes their child willingly one is issued. How is this different? She is a minor! Also, why when they blew a red light did the pursuit stop? I understand safety, but LE are allowed and do go through red lights all the time where I live. This is an adult who has previously had sex with a child!

I hope there was a restraining order against him as well. I would like to know how they were in contact.

Many municipalities have strict limitations and rules on when police car pursuit is allowed. Personally, I think stopping a pursuit is wise when the car that is running is driving in a busy area and runs a red light. The risk of a fatal accident at that point makes the pursuit a bad risk to take. It could kill the victim in the case (M) or innocent bystanders. The pursuing officer must have realized that the risk was too great at the point the red light was run.

I know MB, having attended a field trip with her once. I hope she's found safe and sound and out of his hands soon.

Many municipalities have strict limitations and rules on when police car pursuit is allowed. Personally, I think stopping a pursuit is wise when the car that is running is driving in a busy area and runs a red light. The risk of a fatal accident at that point makes the pursuit a bad risk to take. It could kill the victim in the case (Michaela) or innocent bystanders. The pursuing officer must have realized that the risk was too great at the point the red light was run.

I completely agree that a full on pursuit is dangerous. But what I don't understand is stopping the pursuit to follow them because they blow a red light. They have the child in sight. I don't understand why after the light changes or having other officers pursuing the car from another street at the same time. This is a man almost 30 years old who is most likely going to go to prison for having sex with a child. He is considered armed and dangerous. In my opinion, this could end with a suicide/murder. That is my great concern, especially because there is no Amber Alert issued.

I live nearby and there has been a constant scroll across the bottom of the tv screen describing these two and the situation. At least they're doing something, thankfully.

I live nearby and there has been a constant scroll across the bottom of the tv screen describing these two and the situation. At least they're doing something, thankfully.

How is it being portrayed?

mother speaks out
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/girl-14-missing-out-clark-county/ndcqt/

TB, the girl's mother, told News Center 7 that Edwards "knows he's going to be found... and it ain't going to be good."
She likened her daughter's relationship with Edwards to being in a "cult."
"It's like her little brain has been drilled over and over and over that he loves her. I trusted him. His daughter was my daughter's best friend. His wife was my friend," TB said.

How is it being portrayed?

Sorry, I didn't see this before I went to bed last night! The text said she has been kidnapped and described their appearances and mentioned the abduction last September. I was watching Maury on one of the local channels, and it was continuous across the bottom.

I can't believe they aren't sending out an Amber Alert about this case. Willingness to leave with the man is irrelevant when you are 14. He seems like a desperate man right now, running away from his problems after making bail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back