SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106082"]Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106157"]Part 2[/ame]

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame])

Thanks for the new thread, Idaho. :)

:praying: Praying Kyron is safe, wherever he is tonight.

This little boy is just so cute, it is hard to believe anyone would want to harm him. He's not a wiseguy or a brat, a sweet, shy little boy (not saying a brat should be harmed either, before anyone starts in on me :( ) But unless he has walked away and is lost, then an adult or a much older child must have done something to him that has prevented him from being found for more than 60 hours...and likely longer as I don't think he will be found overnight, unelss anyone knows if they are searching? I did not get that impression...
It seems that he should have been found if he left on foot...just too sad and scary.

This little boy is just so cute, it is hard to believe anyone would want to harm him. He's not a wiseguy or a brat, a sweet, shy little boy (not saying a brat should be harmed either, before anyone starts in on me :( ) But unless he has walked away and is lost, then an adult or a much older child must have done something to him that has prevented him from being found for more than 60 hours...and likely longer as I don't think he will be found overnight, unelss anyone knows if they are searching? I did not get that impression...
It seems that he should have been found if he left on foot...just too sad and scary.

I totally agree with you..this case is so sad. I just hope and pray Kyron is safe.

As far as the searching, I haven't heard anything about them searching tonight. Does anyone know if they had an 8pm presser tonight, like last night? Or, if they'll have another presser tonight?

I'm a teacher. Sometimes kids leave early with their parents and don't take their stuff, especially towards the end of the year when they may not have much homework.

Thank you. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion my child goes to a really compulsive school. My cell phone is usually ringing before we get home when she forgets something. Sometimes I go back and get whatever it is, sometimes not (depends on what it is). I even had her teacher call me once and tell me my child had math homework and her mathbook is still at her desk so I needed to come back and get it.

I only have one child and she's only been at one school (she just finished 7th grade there) so I have to admit I'm clueless about schools in general I guess.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that I haven't heard anything about video at Kyron's school. There are cameras everywhere at my school. There is also only one way in and one way out for non-students and that is right through the office lobby. You sign in there and they unlock the inner door so you can get into the hallways. You have to go out the same way. Nobody just goes in and out.

Maybe some districts just can't afford that kind of security? Or just haven't thought about it or think they don't need it? It's important, I think.

I just don't see the family in this. Everything mostly adds up...I think it was someone non related-a stranger, school employee, something along those lines.

Thank you. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion my child goes to a really compulsive school. My cell phone is usually ringing before we get home when she forgets something. Sometimes I go back and get whatever it is, sometimes not (depends on what it is). I even had her teacher call me once and tell me my child had math homework and her mathbook is still at her desk so I needed to come back and get it.

I only have one child and she's only been at one school (she just finished 7th grade there) so I have to admit I'm clueless about schools in general I guess.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that I haven't heard anything about video at Kyron's school. There are cameras everywhere at my school. There is also only one way in and one way out for non-students and that is right through the office lobby. You sign in there and they unlock the inner door so you can get into the hallways. You have to go out the same way. Nobody just goes in and out.

Maybe some districts just can't afford that kind of security? Or just haven't thought about it or think they don't need it? It's important, I think.

It doesn't take money to implement basic security procedures such as a sign-in sheet placed in the office requiring all visitors to sign in/out.

It also doesn't take money to ensure that the parents are notified when a child is marked absent. The school secretary should use the phone and call the parents if the parents haven't previously called to report the child missing.

IMO, a "poor school district" is not the problem here. The problem is the insane lack of security, common sense, and cooperation this school has at the moment.

Off topic: Blackhawks won another - one more and the cup comes to Chicago. Chicago is rocking tonight! Now - back to this sweet missing child, Kyron!

They are making new schools where I live (with huge issues of people being angry-I guess they forgot that someone paid for their education). With the newer schools, they had to readjust the security, but it's still not that good.

No new ones are done, so I don't know what they will look like. You are lucky that your schools are that well monitored.

I think with Kyron, he may be affluent enough that no one would be concerned that he left his backpack and jacket. There was probably nothing that he would not have at home that he would need from the backpack. I'm sure that he would have plenty of jackets.

I watched the presser again, it is well worth watching if you haven't. Some points I took from it.

A reporter asked if Kyron had an appointment because they have been hearing he did. LE said can't confirm that..

Kyron was last seen at a later hour in the morning at a south entrance door to the school.

Are not prepared to call it a kidnapping at this point. Will review it at 6 pm.

Not closer to finding him but some things have been ruled out.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

It doesn't take money to implement basic security procedures such as a sign-in sheet placed in the office requiring all visitors to sign in/out.

It also doesn't take money to ensure that the parents are notified when a child is marked absent. The school secretary should use the phone and call the parents if the parents haven't previously called to report the child missing.

IMO, a "poor school district" is not the problem here. The problem is the insane lack of security, common sense, and cooperation this school has at the moment.

I agree, that the school really goofed up on this. But, a sign in sheet is only as good as the people who use it. Unless the people have to walk through security like at Charleston's school, anyone can skip signing in.

I think this school probably had no issues for years, so they just never dreamed of anything like this. It just wasn't in their realm of thought.

Well, I will continue to pray for Kyron tonight and pray that he is home safe by the time I wake up and take my son to his preschool graduation in the morning, so sad that any child is missing and not where they belong and being loved and cared for. At the very least I hope LE has some sort of info to provide by tomorrow.

060510_skyline_science_fair.jpg

The snapshot shows Kyron in the shirt he was wearing at the time he went missing. His science-fair project is in the background.​

I watched the presser again, it is well worth watching if you haven't. Some points I took from it.

A reporter asked if Kyron had an appointment because they have been hearing he did. LE said can't confirm that..

Kyron was last seen at a later hour in the morning at a south entrance door to the school.

Are not prepared to call it a kidnapping at this point. Will review it at 6 pm.

Not closer to finding him but some things have been ruled out.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

His classroom was on the second floor? Is that true?

If that is true, I wonder what he was doing by an outside door?

If that is true, what was he doing instead of being with his group at school? Remember, the kids were supposed to be in groups of 4 or 5 when he might have gone to his classroom.

But staff said that they didn't see him after 8:45. So where was he until later in the AM? Very strange. Plus, LE is indicating that they are not willing to call it a kidnapping at this point.

At one of the schools my children attended they had a sign-sheet in the office & visitors were given a bright orange badge to wear.
It was a small school and they knew who everybody was but you still had to sign in.

I'm thinking that if Kyron was abducted it was by some one who didn't stand out or who was, on some level, familiar to the people at the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member