Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
would there be a differnt report with differnt lables for the cap? and mouth peice of the bottle?

Hey Val,

I know this is confusing for everyone. I read 238.1 was the liquid from the gatorade bottle. Did I misread or are there two differant reports?

TIA

It is confusing.

Recap of the Q238's:

Q238 - bottle
Q238.1 - fluid in bottle
Q238-1 - swab of bottle

It's all in the .'s and -'s. I feel like I'm talking in Morse code.

Hey there QS. :wave:

I looked at pages 12347 to 12355 and they all list Q304 as the sample. Pages 12356 to 12363 are the combined Q307 / Q308 samples.

The DNA test for the Gatorade bottle and syringe is summarized on 12332, and it looks like they found nothing not even a fragment. :banghead:

:hug:

i lub you guys!!!

i love the brain storming!!!!

QS: Good to see you again. :wave:

D2M: Like to hear if/when you've got a handle on concentrations. I only scanned through once and IIRC the ethanol peak was off chart. I didn't get anything on the water concentration, which is big piece o' the puzzle. Assuming you have your scissors and scales out 'bout now ;)

Thanks for that at least!! I've been up all night and now it's lights out.

QS: Good to see you again. :wave:

D2M: Like to hear if/when you've got a handle on concentrations. I only scanned through once and IIRC the ethanol peak was off chart. I didn't get anything on the water concentration, which is big piece o' the puzzle. Assuming you have your scissors and scales out 'bout now ;)

I can't wait to hear from you guys on this. This is the part that will help a lot. Particularly with the UNREPORTED test result of 240.1.1's alleged chloroform. I'm estimating (and, please, this is a tremendous phat-fingered estimate just for the sake of trying to discern orders of magnitude) in the range of 500 pptrillion. I think that is why it was NOT reported as a result on this test.

Anyways, can't wait to see what you two have to teach on this.

Yes, but she could have been under the assumption that merely inhaling the chloroform wouldn't cause death however injecting it directly into Caylee's bloodstream would do the job. MOO
I agree. My assumption has been that having Caylee inhale it would mean that there would be a possibility of KC getting some chloroform on her own hands by using a rag over Caylee's face. Also, there could be a possibility of Caylee waking up if KC didn't use enough on the rag (i.e. if she was worried about the possibility of chloroform contact on her own skin - even if she was wearing latex gloves - maybe she wasn't sure of how chloroform reacts with latex). This is my thinking, she duct taped Caylee's mouth and nose, injected her with chloroform (not sure which was done first - duct tape or chloroform), and placed the heart sticker over the tape.

IMO - in her researches of chloroform, she knew the toxicities of chloroform, particularly to the liver, and decided to inject her to kill her because she wanted to make sure to get the job done. JMO :furious:

It is confusing.

Recap of the Q238's:

Q238 - bottle
Q238.1 - fluid in bottle
Q238-1 - swab of bottle

Between you and me...that is a very bad way to label items like that(the lab). Mixing up (.) and (-) can change the complexity of an entire case. Wow.

I need a scotch(its 12 oclock somewhere)

It is confusing.

Recap of the Q238's:

Q238 - bottle
Q238.1 - fluid in bottle
Q238-1 - swab of bottle

:eek: :banghead:

i think i need to start printing out the doc dumps.....they are throwing this and that together........trying to flip back and forth....and then remember carp from other doc dumps or other places in the doc dumps....gzzz.....do you think its to mix up jb? :biggrin:

I can't wait to hear from you guys on this. This is the part that will help a lot. Particularly with the UNREPORTED test result of 240.1.1's alleged chloroform. I'm estimating (and, please, this is a tremendous phat-fingered estimate just for the sake of trying to discern orders of magnitude) in the range of 500 pptrillion. I think that is why it was NOT reported as a result on this test.

Anyways, can't wait to see what you two have to teach on this.

I think I can help put the concentration of chloroform in perspective.

Page 11578 shows the GC-MS plot with the Q238.1 finding of chloroform (I have circled in red):

Q238.1 In.PNG

This is a zoomed image of the top plot found on the previous page 11577. Note that in this view the chloroform barely shows as a blip relative to the fatty acids and other compounds found:

Q238.1 Mid.PNG

But even that image is a zoomed view of the bottom plot from page 11577. In that plot, chloroform does not even show up:

Q238.1 Out.PNG

So, IMO, chloroform is an insignificant component of the Gatorade liquid.

Hey there QS. :wave:

I looked at pages 12347 to 12355 and they all list Q304 as the sample. Pages 12356 to 12363 are the combined Q307 / Q308 samples.

The DNA test for the Gatorade bottle and syringe is summarized on 12332, and it looks like they found nothing not even a fragment. :banghead:

Then why would they do DNA relatedness figures?

what about the liquid in the syringe? how much chloroform is in there.....how big is the blip?

QUOTE=The Eunice Burns;4405352]Someone who wanted a memento of his major role in this case. MO is that Kronk is an odd character in this unending list of odd characters connected to this case, but I don't think he had anything to do w/ Caylee's death or the disposal of her remains. I think he put some thoughts together and went on a mission......and sometimes I wish it had been a more "average Joe" citizen who had found Caylee.

Resp BBM -- Oh, I hope I didn't seem to be trying to cast doubt on Kronk--I was just getting at exactly what you said in your last sentence above. LOL

Then why would they do DNA relatedness figures?

The DNA relatedness figures are on Q304 (swab from handle of comb in backpack) and Q307/Q308 - swabs from inflatable bed and hair straightener.

The did find DNA on those.

I think I can help put the concentration of chloroform in perspective.

Page 11578 shows the GC-MS plot with the Q238.1 finding of chloroform (I have circled in red):

View attachment 6127

This is a zoomed image of the top plot found on the previous page 11577. Note that in this view the chloroform barely shows as a blip relative to the fatty acids and other compounds found:

View attachment 6128

But even that image is a zoomed view of the bottom plot from page 11577. In that plot, chloroform does not even show up:

View attachment 6129

So, IMO, chloroform is an insignificant component of the Gatorade liquid.

Well Cr*p then!

:truce:

I do not understand why all the news broadcasts would go on and on about Chloroform being found at the remains site, if in fact it is no different than what would be found in drinking water!

I am also surprised that by now we have not heard anything disputing these broadcasts by today. Geeez.

So, I am perfectly willing to take it back regarding this info being the smoking gun, but I WON'T TAKE BACK THAT I THINK CASEY IS GOOD FOR IT nor that I believe she will be convicted of murder in some degree or another.

If that syringe actually once contained liquid chloroform, the residual concentration found in the liquids (inside syringe and inside bottle) should be much higher I would think.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parts_per_trillion"]ppt = parts per trillion[/ame]

"One part per trillion (1 ppt) is a proportion equivalent to one-twentieth of a drop of water diluted into a two-meter-deep, Olympic-size swimming pool."

Attachments

• 307px-Image-Olympic_Pool_Munich_1972%2C_color_adj.jpg
    307px-Image-Olympic_Pool_Munich_1972%2C_color_adj.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
I was refering to swamp water. Talking about people in that area draining their pools into the yards come winter.

The Anthonys used Baquacil- so even if they emptied their pool into the ground ( do people really do that?) it would not contain chlorine.

IMO LE found the gatorade bottle, syringe etc near the remains. In doing there job, they suspected this may potentially be the murder weapon. The media did what the media does, ran with the medias interpretation. The lab results disprove the suspicion this may have been the smoking gun. LE did its job, the lab did its job, and the media did its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member