TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case makes me nuts. I cannot get away from the hinky feeling I have about her brother. Just can't shake it. Curious.

Whew!

The problem as I see it is that some are prone to take certain aspects and make up a whole new theory, adding suppositions and speculations as they go to make the facts fit their theory. That's when it starts to get complicated. I prefer the K.I.S.S. method myself. When you have to invent things just to explain points in your theory, it just simply doesn't work.

I don't know why it wouldn't be just as simple and easy to believe that Holly was kidnapped by some guy she may or may not have been acquainted with. Either they stalked her, or just followed her home and waited for their chance. All these theories of her running away for whatever reason, or a community-wide coverup involving not only the sheriff's dept. but TBI is just mind-boggling. It's even possible that her boyfriend was the perp, but I think LE would have figured that out by now.

I don't buy that she ran away for any reason. I don't buy that LE are crooked and covering up for some big-shot in the community. I don't buy that the sheriff/pastor had any involvement, either in the actual kidnapping or the coverup. There is simply no evidence to point to any of those scenarios. And being from the South myself I highly resent the implication that we are all crooked as snakes and so stupid we couldn't pour pee out of a boot with the directions on the heel. There are good and bad in ANY profession, and I would bet my boots that this is true in all 50 states. Not to mention the thousands of missing persons cases all over the country that have never been solved.
I don't mind reading and considering other theories but a decent theory should be supported by facts, not speculations.

BBM
I respect you TxLady2, not only because you are from my neck of the woods and have a really cool avatar, but also because you seem to be a clear thinker.
AND I respectfully disagree with the parts BBM.

I think speculating that she might have chosen to disappear with a secret boyfriend is no more of an invention that a random anonymous kidnapper who happened to be at the right place and time to strike.

I also think all theories are worthy of discussion. To pose theories based only on facts would leave us without any explanation whatsoever. Facts are painfully lacking here. The reports from that morning are frankly very unclear and confusing. I think speculation is what results when there are few facts we can hang onto. Otherwise we are left with the scenario of a backwoods camo man appearing at the most opportune time to snatch this girl from her own home, and in spite of having LE and countless others on the scene within 30 minutes, and tireless searches for weeks thereafter, the 2 disappeared into thin air without a trace. THAT is what I can't buy.

I think debate is healthy. I am usually not very good at making my point, but I truly find it productive to hear others discuss pros and cons. It is most interesting to me how diverse our opinions can be, and, at the same time how respectful we can be in our disagreements. I am very grateful for that on WS. Thanks for your take TxLady2. I appreciate the chance to consider it and I hopefully gave my thoughts repectfully in response.

Why would a stranger approach her at the house? There had to be at least two cars parked there if Clint was at the house. Even the craziest of perps would have to think x2 about that. So if Clint's car was there, who would walk right up to the carport and harm her?

She dropped the coke can and bled, yet managed to carry her books and bag to the perp's car? Do I believe it happened like that? nope.

Why would Clint think it was ok if it was Drew who was leading her into the woods @ 7:45am? Do I believe that? nope.

.....Why would Clint lie? It would have to be he is covering for somebody...imo.

I love to read the post of Websleuths because you always bring out points that I haven't even considered. I bolded the above sentence that caught my attention, because it is such a great observation! I hadn't even thought of that angle!:what:

One would think something like that should be confirmed or denied by LE shouldn't it? They said her lunch bag was found and where it was found so why wouldn't they tell the public about her books and papers......and her cellphone?:waitasec:

They don't confirm anything. I see no reason why the public can't be informed. They obviously don't agree.

They protect their own. Anywhere else that pastor who killed the father of the bride in Darden/Decatur would have been charged with negligent homicide. I stand by my observation that the LE there are a different breed.

They don't confirm anything. I see no reason why the public can't be informed. They obviously don't agree.

They protect their own. Anywhere else that pastor who killed the father of the bride in Darden/Decatur would have been charged with negligent homicide. I stand by my observation that the LE there are a different breed.

Do you mean local LE in Decatur county? I thought TBI did a tremendous job with the Bain case. Why was that case different? Did the county ask for State assistance in the Bain case whereas in Holly's, local LE told them, eh, we can handle it? Or was it because 2 States were involved in the Bain case?

The thing is with theories...

LE, the TBI and FBI (and the mods here) have said this is an ABDUCTION. So just throwing all that out the window and saying Holly ran away, or was somehow killed at home, the family is covering up etc. just goes against what little bit about her disappearance has been established or held to be true.

There IS evidence she was abducted. There is zero evidence she ran away, family hid her body in a car trunk, etc.

Theories and hypothesis are still based on evidence, fact, logic.

Even if Clint did NOT see ANY of what happened, there is still evidence of an abduction. Actually most of what we know does not have much to do with Clint's two brief glimpses of the subject. Clint did not have to see Holly and the subject in the garage for us to know Holly was there because of the blood found. Clint did not have to see them walking to the woods because LE said they had found the point the pair had entered the woods. We know there were screams or a scream as a neighbor heard those. The time line is pretty much established by independent sources (scream, 911 calls, neighbor and cops arriving at the home etc.)

The thing is with theories...

LE, the TBI and FBI (and the mods here) have said this is an ABDUCTION. So just throwing all that out the window and saying Holly ran away, or was somehow killed at home, the family is covering up etc. just goes against what little bit about her disappearance has been established or held to be true.

There IS evidence she was abducted. There is zero evidence she ran away, family hid her body in a car trunk, etc.

Theories and hypothesis are still based on evidence, fact, logic.

Even if Clint did NOT see ANY of what happened, there is still evidence of an abduction. Actually most of what we know does not have much to do with Clint's two brief glimpses of the subject. Clint did not have to see Holly and the subject in the garage for us to know Holly was there because of the blood found. Clint did not have to see them walking to the woods because LE said they had found the point the pair had entered the woods. We know there were screams or a scream as a neighbor heard those. The time line is pretty much established by independent sources (scream, 911 calls, neighbor and cops arriving at the home etc.)

That says something right there. If they could track to the woods, why couldn't they go even further. Scent on the ground through the yard, but nothing on all the brush, leaves and tree limbs the two would of had to touched? So yes they tracked them to the edge of the woods, but what happen next? Did the perp just want it too look as if they went into the woods and double back to a vehicle? Maybe told Clint to say they went into the woods under threat to kill Holly right then? I honestly don't know, but I don't believe it went down as described. JMO

And yes I am glad too that we all agree to honor everyones opinion. It makes things so much nicer. Each of us present our theories and we pick them apart until something works. With a little more evidence I believe we would know what happened. Who knows if thats why more evidence hasn't been released?

:peace:

That says something right there. If they could track to the woods, why couldn't they go even further. Scent on the ground through the yard, but nothing on all the brush, leaves and tree limbs the two would of had to touched? So yes they tracked them to the edge of the woods, but what happen next? Did the perp just want it too look as if they went into the woods and double back to a vehicle? Maybe told Clint to say they went into the woods under threat to kill Holly right then? I honestly don't know, but I don't believe it went down as described. JMO

We do not know for certain that the dogs did not track Holly past the tree line. That premise comes from a vague comment by Mark Fuhrman on a TV show where he said he "called Tennessee" and they told him that. But if the dogs did not track into the woods it holds with my theory that the suspect had a car parked inside the tree line there. Looking at various aerial photos of the property you could have a car/truck within yards of the home and make an easy exit back to Swan Johnson Rd.

I do think there is more to what happened than has been described for some unknown reason. I assume LE has chosen to keep various details quiet, and has instructed the family to do so as well. This is not entirely unusual either. It happens in lots of other cases. That would also account for some of the discrepancies in the description of what happened - dragged vs. led vs. walking, home invasion etc. But we can also work around that with the few facts available... screams, blood, neighbor calling 911 and going to the house, etc.

I find it comical how some posters call out other WS members for creating independent theories and in the same breath those same posters make assumptions of their own that have no basis in fact. As in, when they don’t back up their own assumptions with fact, they claim (make a leap) LE must have this evidence hidden from the public.

Nothing gets solved by everyone following one person’s predetermined set of assumptions. We all work with our own theories on how we each interpret what little evidence there is. Certainly, we all do not think alike, which is a good thing.

I find Clint’s story to be impeachable. Therefore, my theories will be very different from others who do believe his story.

I challenge anyone to support Clint’s story without making excuses for him.

In the meantime, I will be formulating my theories on how I interpret with what little information we have. Throw tomatoes if you like. Hey, times are tough, so when you miss, I’ll make a salad. If you happen to land one, I’ll make a sauce. I make a mean sauce.

jmo

Do you mean local LE in Decatur county? I thought TBI did a tremendous job with the Bain case. Why was that case different? Did the county ask for State assistance in the Bain case whereas in Holly's, local LE told them, eh, we can handle it? Or was it because 2 States were involved in the Bain case?

I think most of the credit in the Bain case goes to Mississippi LE and FBI.

I agree with Judge Judy "if it dosen't make sense its not true" and nothing about the stories from the morning of the abduction makes any sense to me. I don't know what happened I wasen't there but I don't believe the story Clint told it just dosen't make sense. If he heard Holly and who he thought was Drew squatted down looking at a turkey why didn't he go out to look at it too? Why call mama at her job to ask her whats going on when he is right there? Don't buy it at all. I would think if he was scared he would call his dad instead of his mom. There were several firearms at his disposal why not get one and go outside to see. Then he makes the statement that he don't think they will see Holly for a long time how does he know this? What does anyone else think about these questions?

I agree with Judge Judy "if it dosen't make sense its not true" and nothing about the stories from the morning of the abduction makes any sense to me. I don't know what happened I wasen't there but I don't believe the story Clint told it just dosen't make sense. If he heard Holly and who he thought was Drew squatted down looking at a turkey why didn't he go out to look at it too? Why call mama at her job to ask her whats going on when he is right there? Don't buy it at all. I would think if he was scared he would call his dad instead of his mom. There were several firearms at his disposal why not get one and go outside to see. Then he makes the statement that he don't think they will see Holly for a long time how does he know this? What does anyone else think about these questions?

I totally agree his behavior as stated was bizarre...I never understood him making ANY calls when Holly is right there practically in front of him. Did he call out her name at all? Why all the phone calls when she was in sight? Calling Mom, calling her phone, calling Drew's phone, etc...

Honestly, I have no idea what to think anymore. I do think he embellished later, when there was so much buzz about him not doing anything to help his sister. If I remember correctly, it was only much later that we heard anything about him supposedly getting a gun and going into the woods. Did he really? And if so, why did he stop? If he had gone further he may have seen a vehicle leaving the scene.

But all that aside, I do not think he is guilty of anything other than lack of action and some very poor decision-making. There are a lot of baffling cases here at WS, but nothing to top this one, IMO.

Why would a perp park at the woods and walk to the house? How in the world was he going to get her to the car? Why not pull right up beside her car and grab her?

Why was Drew hunting on Grandma's property on the other side of town and not at his GF's property?

....Karen gave him permission, she says. Karen never told Holly about it. Drew tells Holly about being confronted. I have to wonder if he did this in person and not by phone.

Anyone care to venture a guess of why LE refuses to release the 911 tapes?

This case makes me nuts.
I cannot get away from the hinky feeling I have about her brother.
Just can't shake it. Curious.

Marycarney, Yes, hinky, confusing and nuts!
I have never believed C. told his mom that all was well with H. walking arm and arm with Drew, looking at a turkey.
The Mom's reaction to what ever was told the her on the phone, says a lot to me.
Overreaction, maybe and maybe not.
Common sense tells me she was told 'something' really bad that morning to react the way she did.

Her actions/near collapse and unable to walk alone, at the news conference, caused me to feel/suspect H. was possibly dead..jmo

Oh,there is plenty of misinformation and blame to pass around.

Giving inaccurate or downright false inforation is a pattern that has played out over and over.
Perhaps America Most Wanted did misspeak when 'cousin' was used in the segment dealing with Holly. Maybe,Clint said 'cousin' or maybe he didn't to John Walsh.
Our lone eye witness has changed and obsured his account so many times ...
I challenge anyone to give me a clear narrative of events that
morning.
Then we have relatives and family who are trotted out ~a reality star cousin (who sings)and lectures that we don't know the real story..and she does???
Then,perhaps she could share with us for starters 'where is Holly'.

The lone fact is ...we are no closer to either the truth or finding Holly now than over a year ago. MOO

Mizstery, Sadly you are correct.. will we ever learn the truth?....imo

Why was Drew hunting on Grandma's property on the other side of town and not at his GF's property?

....Karen gave him permission, she says.
Karen never told Holly about it.

Drew tells Holly about being confronted. I have to wonder if he did this in person and not by phone...

Whisperer, All those early phone calls that morning about a simple hunting dispute.
That same morning, within an hour or so of those calls, the neighbor hears a loud argument coming from the B. property..what a coincidence.

Let's hope LE throughly checked the pings and cells phones of everyone.

....Karen gave him permission, she says. Karen never told Holly about it. Drew tells Holly about being confronted. I have to wonder if he did this in person and not by phone.

BBM

Speculation only, as I am around hunters frequently: GF's property could've already "been done" and they weren't having any luck hunting there.....there could've been others in the woods hunting there/too crowded......Grandma's property could've been more promising for the hunt.....Grandma could've had more land to hunt on.....

Yes, I agree something isn't right w/ this entire case. I can't put my finger on what or who it is. I just wanted to offer thoughts on the hunting aspect.

Whisperer, All those early phone calls that morning about a simple hunting dispute.
That same morning, within an hour or so of those calls, the neighbor hears a loud argument coming from the B. property..what a coincidence.

Let's hope LE throughly checked the pings and cells phones of everyone.

I never heard about an argument, loud or otherwise...do you know where this was stated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine