Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone linked him to Oasis finance the other day. He is the director. They stated it might be illegal for an Estate agent to also supply finance to buyers. I'm not sure about that. Sure it happens in car yards, they live off the finance commissions, however I've never heard of it with estate agents. We've bought 2 properties and never been approached by estate agent for finance. Has ANYONE HERE?

Even if it's not illegal, it's still as risky as hell. Imagine all those high priced loans, the RE bubble bursting? People unable to make repayments on high loans and defaulting on mortgages because of high interest rates? Then GBC would have had to pay the banks back....with what? It's still a theory of mine hes chucked a Bernie Madoff.

Oasis Finance is a pretty generic name, maybe it is nothing to do with them.

Someone linked him to Oasis finance the other day. He is the director. They stated it might be illegal for an Estate agent to also supply finance to buyers. I'm not sure about that. Sure it happens in car yards, they live off the finance commissions, however I've never heard of it with estate agents. We've bought 2 properties and never been approached by estate agent for finance. Has ANYONE HERE?

Even if it's not illegal, it's still as risky as hell. Imagine all those high priced loans, the RE bubble bursting? People unable to make repayments on high loans and defaulting on mortgages because of high interest rates? Then GBC would have had to pay the banks back....with what? It's still a theory of mine hes chucked a Bernie Madoff.

No, I haven't been approached for finance either, but have for home insurance years ago.

Sorry, but please take care. Don't address or attack the poster. Ignore or comment on the information posted. As Kimster would say, follow the rules. Not wishing to offend, but I got hit on the head earlier for not following the rules, and I am now reformed character or trying to be.

Thanks Rudra but I know the rules and never had any issues with them or the mods. I wasn't attacking her in any way and I responded to her and she was fine with it and then you chose to comment on it again. When everyone knew it was just a joke. Please just move forward now and let the moderators do the moderating.

I don't really understand why you prefaced this post with. "just to clear up"
as most of this was inaccurate.

Yes Alison was a Licenced Partner for Pathways which as I have mentioned before meant she worked mainly in schools in her local area running the Friends Program

The training day advertised was for teachers or other interested people to be trained to become a facilitator to run the program with children usually in a school setting.

Alison was not at any time attending this on the 20 th. She must have been attending another conference in Brisbane.

Someone found a real estate conference also on that date way back in the early threads perhaps she was planning to attend. I don't know where she was going just she wasn't going to training at Pathways.

How do you know? You're guessing too? I thought she had left the real estate business, so where else would she be going? Well, if you have the Real Estate course info to back it up that would be nice as she actually worked for pathways so I really don't see why she would be attending a real estate course. Sorry if I'm wrong. It's my opinion and I'm pretty sure someone confirmed it very early on.

I don't really understand why you prefaced this post with. "just to clear up"
as most of this was inaccurate.

Yes Alison was a Licenced Partner for Pathways which as I have mentioned before meant she worked mainly in schools in her local area running the Friends Program

The training day advertised was for teachers or other interested people to be trained to become a facilitator to run the program with children usually in a school setting.

Alison was not at any time attending this on the 20 th. She must have been attending another conference in Brisbane.

Someone found a real estate conference also on that date way back in the early threads perhaps she was planning to attend. I don't know where she was going just she wasn't going to training at Pathways.

I assumed it was a real estate related conference as she had recently taken on the role of property manager.

Does anyone have any further info on the alleged financial advisor who was questioned by Police and had their computer confiscated and house/office searched?

I think the poster said it was a "she".

It may have been a deliberate business strategy to not own or part own (banks usually have the biggest share for many year) a property. In a business situation, a director of company, which GBC likely was, is personally liable for shortfalls in withholding tax (for employees, including self if drawing money from the company), and 9% superannuation for all employees. If these are not paid by the company, then the director/s can have assets, including a house, sold to satisfy the debts related to employees. Therefore if there is no house to seize and sell, (and lets face it, this is usally the largest asset one has), then other assets will be seized. By renting, it ensures that the family always has a home.
But the reason also may be that the family has never been in a position to buy a home. Also, properties can be owned by Family Trusts and this would not necessarily be shown on RP data. RP data is only as good as the information that the selling agents submit, and not all sales are submitted.
This makes sense it is probably held in this trust : ABN 77235241591Main Name The trustee for Settle Westside Unit Trust Postcode 4068State QLDPreviously •QLD 4069 - from 2009-12-18 to 2011-05-06
•QLD 4069 - from 2008-07-22 to 2009-12-18
Entity Type Fixed Unit TrustEntity Status ActiveGST Status Currently registered for GST

Try Name: WOTS - WORLD OF TOP STEP PTY LTD ACN: 096 695 546 ABN: 71 096 695 546 Registration date: 3/05/2001 Next review date: 3/05/2013
Status: Registered Company Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares Locality of registered office: Toowong QLD 4066 Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Apparently a family company.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ide-of-a-grieving-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html

If you google the entityy name above it will take you to GBC 'Linked In" entry. States on that site that GBCs involvement with this entity was from 2001 -2004. It is historical background info.

How do you know? You're guessing too? I thought she had left the real estate business, so where else would she be going? Well, if you have the Real Estate course info to back it up that would be nice as she actually worked for pathways so I really don't see why she would be attending a real estate course. Sorry if I'm wrong. It's my opinion and I'm pretty sure someone confirmed it very early on.

She was definitely working at C21 the week she was murdered.

This makes sense it is probably held in this trust : ABN 77235241591Main Name The trustee for Settle Westside Unit Trust Postcode 4068State QLDPreviously •QLD 4069 - from 2009-12-18 to 2011-05-06
•QLD 4069 - from 2008-07-22 to 2009-12-18
Entity Type Fixed Unit TrustEntity Status ActiveGST Status Currently registered for GST

A business partner and not GBC had the number plate SETTLE. Not sure if that helps.

:what:

Was there a link to back up the 6 police cars?
If it's true, I'm not surprised. As much as I respect the police and I think they always do what they can, no doubt it's a hard job.

But we are not talking about Inala here. We are talking about a former Miss Brisbane living in Brookfield with a husband at least keeping up the appearance of being wealthy (although hanging by a thread). If they are going to act overboard to show their support of the community, this would be the case to do it. I've been out that area endive seen some of the houses. If they want to set an example for the community to see....yes Brookfield.
LOL @ endive :D

before I go to bed, I just had a message from a friend and the latest 'talk' is that chain has been found at GBC's (not coles chain) and it matches chain found with body. In all probability its idle chit chat. just got a text from my local hairdresser friend. take this with a big old grain of salt

Oasis Finance is a pretty generic name, maybe it is nothing to do with them.

Someone did research and found that business name registered to him. It's been sleuthed already and LINKED. Sorry not going to go find it. Can't be bothered. I THINK it was AllyG that found it.

i personally think the weighted down info got out and around town and this is the result of more chinese whispers

The majority of people have very small amounts of money in super funds. Even public servants who have dedicated super funds have far less than most people think. Given their circumstances it seems unlikely that GBC or ABC would have had significant amounts in super funds. At one stage I was employed to do research on this for the Federal government. The question was at what stage will superannuation be enough for the average person not to need to claim any age person in retirement. The answer was 2050 at the earliest, but more likely 2070, if the economy stays on track.

At the age of 43 after years after of the workforce looking after children, the amount of super ABC would have would be rather small, unless they were siphoning money off into her super account.
My 32 yr old ex-partner had death and permanent disability insurance tied in with some of his Super. When he died there was around $300k that was paid out in total. The super funds themselves didn't hold a lot of money.

No I'm not guessing. I said someone else mentioned the real estate course, as a possibilty, as she had worked previously in her husbands business for some time. However as I posted I don't know if that is where she was planning to go but I can confirm for you she was not intending to go to Pathways.

I'm not suggesting you should be sorry, for the most part we are all just giving our opinions or making a best guess. I thought it might be helpful to add a fact that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member