Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media is estimating the remains in the body bag appear to be about 2 foot long. I am still hoping that they will find hair and/or breast implants in the bottom of that barrel.

Does anyone know if breast implants float? Like would they have floated out of the barrel?

I saw the video of the barrel and it looked to me like it had been bashed and broken. If the remains were indeed found on the shore separate from the barrel and not contained, the implants that would be Stacy's, if it is her body, might be long gone. But like I said, my friend passed that area about 5 hours after the find said that alot of activity and flood lights were all up and down the banks processing the scene.

I saw the video of the barrel and it looked to me like it had been bashed and broken. If the remains were indeed found on the shore separate from the barrel and not contained, the implants that would be Stacy's, if it is her body, might be long gone. But like I said, my friend passed that area about 5 hours after the find said that alot of activity and flood lights were all up and down the banks processing the scene.

LOL, experiment time. If you take a plastic bag and fill with saline (saltwater) will it float or sink?

Yes they do. So if they find implants, the id should be quick. However they didn't get too much as far as remains.

I know. Just wishful thinking. One implant could have ripped and the shell still be attached even if flattened. Stranger things have happened. Guess I'm reaching. sigh

Don't breast implants all have a number, sorta like a registration number?

I'm pretty sure the newer ones do. I recall reading an article that it had become law that they had to be traceable in case of a 'recall' as it were.

I'll go look.

Skellital torso and legs with underwear, from the reports here.

But if the barrel didn't break until it was close to that area- say it got caught in that log jam for a while, I am thinking that as the remains decomposed around them the implants would drop to the bottom of the barrel.

Ya Ya PotatoHead, Good show tho, 6 min left. Oh, they just found a farm and I hear pigs a squealing away!

You still have an hour to go if they just found the farm. Two hour finale tonight! (and an hour's worth was commercials)

I'm pretty sure the newer ones do. I recall reading an article that it had become law that they had to be traceable in case of a 'recall' as it were.

I'll go look.

Are implants 'attached'? Or do they just sorta float around in there? :waitasec:

What is really sad is that two families are sitting there waiting, wondering, hoping yet dreading the news that they will hear, that it is or is not their loved one.

I'm aiming towards it being Stacy and I hope so but I really hope there is some movement on Lisa's case soon.

My prayers are with both families right now.

Don't breast implants all have a number, sorta like a registration number?

Didn't find the law yet, but found this for starters:

5. I have heard that breast implant manufacturers have implant warranties, is this true?
Yes. Breast implant manufacturers such as Allergan (formerly known as Inamed and McGhan) and Mentor offer conditional guarantees for their implants. Each breast implant is numbered by lot and has a serial number for identification. You will usually receive the serial number stickers with your postoperative information packet. Most patients are given half of the set of their ID stickers. The other half is given to the implant manufacturer, along with your records and social security number for warranty and identification purposes.
You can read about Mentor’s warranty at their website.
You can read about the warranties from Allergan (Inamed/McGhan) at their website
Check with your plastic surgeon to get information about any warranties in writing. The FDA makes it mandatory that you receive a copy of the implant package insert as well as a copy of the risks and complications (informed consent) of breast augmentation surgery.

Wow........just, wow! It would be fantastic if it did turn out to be Stacy's remains, or Lisa's. Because of the blue barrel being found downstream, not too far from the remains, I'd lean more toward it being Stacy.

It was mentioned by the bar owner that there were fall floods and the river was out of it's banks leaving debris on the shoreline. In the first article it mentions a log jam of debris that was being cleared when the remains were found.

Purely speculation, but I can see the likelihood that if the remains were in the blue barrel and the barrel was somewhere upstream, that in the torrent of raging flood waters, the barrel would be carried downstream along with logs and other debris. In the strong current created by the flooding, the barrel would be tossed against other objects and get damaged, and at some point break open. The remains might then be deposited on other debris while the current carries the damaged barrel a bit further downstream until it too becomes lodged near the bank along with other debris.

Local stations showed the body bag being moved.
I could see right thru it. :(
The leg bones were quite noticeable,
It was a very small package.
Lisa and Stacy were both small but Stacy imo was much smaller.
I'm hoping for it to be either one but my head goes to possibly being Stacy.
I guess we'll know Friday or Monday.
j m o

There's more. It is two hours tonight.

OMG, Night of Nights

z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
]

ETA: No disrespect, but I couldn't help laughin at that. You made me do it Mysteriew. LOL xox

I know. Just wishful thinking. One implant could have ripped and the shell still be attached even if flattened. Stranger things have happened. Guess I'm reaching. sigh

LOL, I am reaching too. Somehow I just so badly want one of those "repairs" that DrewP complained about to have a role in getting him convicted.

OMG, Night of Nights

z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
]

ETA: No disrespect, but I couldn't help laughin at that. You made me do it Mysteriew. LOL xox

You're telling me!

This find, two arrests in Tori's case and a full docket in court for Caylee tomorrow.

Pass the No Doze, pls.

Thanks for the link. I looked at the picture gallery and it shows the body bag being carried off the boat into a van. It looks like the bag contains a box or something? It's very linear and not like I would imagine how remains would rest in a bag.

You have to remember they are talking bones. It would be very linear with no skin to soften the edges.

OMG, Night of Nights

z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
z7shysterical.gif
]

LOL, let me know how you like it. I thought it was really good.

I sat to watch Criminal Minds to take a break from Tori Stafford case & the arrests today, and lo & behold, Criminal Minds tonight was a very, very loosely scripted version of a huge Canadian Case - the Pig Farm.

But, now I am back, so when you two flies finish buzzing, you'll report back, right?

Criminal Minds totally ROCKS!!! I never miss it but I also miss Mandy Patinkin very much.
Tonights closer scared me. I hope we don't lose Hotch. :(

O/t I really hope this is either Lisa or Stacy andboth get the justice they both deserve.

(what they deserve is to be at home raising their children (Kitty included of course) and enjoying their lives.

2 "men" are responsible for blowing apart the lives of 6 children.:mad: I M O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong