GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question maybe someone can answer for me.

Ok, when police do a line up for a victim to positively ID their attacker, where do they pick the people who are not the person who committed the crime?

Are they people who are in jail?
or do they just pick them off of the street?
I'm wondering bc it just doesnt seem legal for them to do so...
but then again I guess if the police wanted to question me and put me in a line up I guess I'd have to ....so I guess that was why I was wondering.....

From the jail. It is just easier.

I have a question maybe someone can answer for me.

Ok, when police do a line up for a victim to positively ID their attacker, where do they pick the people who are not the person who committed the crime?

Are they people who are in jail?
or do they just pick them off of the street?
I'm wondering bc it just doesnt seem legal for them to do so...
but then again I guess if the police wanted to question me and put me in a line up I guess I'd have to ....so I guess that was why I was wondering.....

Good question! Wiki says inmates. actors or volunteers, so I guess it just depends!

From watching the first 48 I think they just put together a group
of mug shots rather than an actual line-up. Then again that's tv.
I think that is a good point. I would not want even my pic used in
a line-up. These days you would think someone has already sued
the police for something like that.

From watching the first 48 I think they just put together a group
of mug shots rather than an actual line-up. Then again that's tv.
I think that is a good point. I would not want even my pic used in
a line-up. These days you would think someone has already sued
the police for something like that.

I was actually talking about whatever they call it idrk the correct name but when theu do a person line up like with all yhe people actually in a line...not a photo line up.... ut i think pp already answered it for me.....thank u tho...it was just something i was wondering bc ut would really suck i was thinking if u were tild to cone to the PS for a line up and was actually picked when u didnt even do anything guess it is a pretty scary thought if u looked alot like the perp and was mistakenly ID'd ya know!

I wonder if the true crime show that the news said MAS will be on is "Final Witness" on ABC. The New Orleans episode is about the French Quarter murder and dismemberment of Addie Hall by her boyfriend Zackery Bowen (who commited suicide days later) in 2006. It will be airing on July 4.

The description of the show on this link says there will be first person accounts from their friends, family, and others. Maybe MAS was friends with one or both of them. And if so...wow.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20120606abc24/&date=07/04/2012

This is my first time posting, so I hope that I have not posted anything that I am not supposed to post. I have been following this thread religiously since soon after they found Jaren. My heart goes out to her loved ones. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

I hope I searched back far enough to locate the first post that suggests an influence or possible relationship with Addie's case in Jaren's case. The post above and other related posts that followed it are interesting to say the least. When I first read them, I sort of passed off Addie's case as a coincidence. Still, I read all about Addie Hall's murder by the hand of her boyfriend, Zachery Bowen. There is a book about the case that I've not read, that may have answers to some of my questions. I ran across a comment that states the author of the book, E. Brown, does not go into Addie's life prior to New Orleans which was around 2003(?).

Since I've been unable to free my brain from thinking about what happened within it the night after I learned about Addie's case, I'm going to post it on the outside chance there could be a connection. Before I do, I spent a good part of Thursday morning trying to find a solid connection between Speaks and Hall and was unable to find one. That said, I don't know if Speaks is the name Terry has always had/used. What I mean is, I don't know if Speaks was originally Speaks. When did he move to Mt. Airy? Does he have brothers or sisters? His mother's name was was DSPt and his father's name TGS (info from threads on WS). TS was born September 19, 1972. But is the TS of Jaren's case really that same guy?

Later his mother became DJ. Did she have other names in between? Don't know.

It's hard to find details about Addie. Someone commented that the book written about her case is incomplete because it doesn't address her history prior to New Orleans. She was 30 yo when she died but I've read 28 too. I guess Zachery, her killer, was 28. Who is her mother? Who is her father? Most importantly, who is her brother? How much older than Addie is he?

Back to my story. I was trying to fall asleep and even though it was late, I couldn't. Have you ever sort of slept when your eyes seem to be fluttering the whole time allowing light in? Well, if I did sleep at all, it was like that until way after the sun came up. Then, all of a sudden, I KNEW all the answers - I was sure of it. Terry Speaks is Addie's older brother. (Even though I don't know where he was born, where Addie was born (PA or NC?) or what year ( around 1976, she'd be 36 now, TS is 39) or that TS ever crossed paths with AH. But when I woke up, I was certain I held the key to the madness of Terry Speaks. I even think he looks a little like Addie did, especially in the two pictures that don't look like the other two pictures :waitasec: ).

Before posting about my HUGE revelation, I thought I'd do a little research and I'd find a connection between them. Nada, I can't find anything. But it was so weird, the feeling I had when I was sure that Terry was the older brother who allegedly raped Addie and that it had haunted her the rest of her life. That being the reason, according to what she told people who posted comments that say they knew her, caused her to have mental or relationship issues (trust, anger, attachment or not, hurting others, addictions and picking someone who was legally unavailable and desperately wanting to change that but had no control over Zach). You can just call me 'crazy'.

Lastly, has this article been posted that also has a comment from a 'Margaret'?

http://homesweethome.wordpress.com/2006/10/19/the-hurricane-part-i/

I hope I searched back far enough to locate the first post that suggests an influence or possible relationship with Addie's case in Jaren's case. The post above and other related posts that followed it are interesting to say the least. When I first read them, I sort of passed off Addie's case as a coincidence. Still, I read all about Addie Hall's murder by the hand of her boyfriend, Zachery Bowen. There is a book about the case that I've not read, that may have answers to some of my questions. I ran across a comment that states the author of the book, E. Brown, does not go into Addie's life prior to New Orleans which was around 2003(?).

Since I've been unable to free my brain from thinking about what happened within it the night after I learned about Addie's case, I'm going to post it on the outside chance there could be a connection. Before I do, I spent a good part of Thursday morning trying to find a solid connection between Speaks and Hall and was unable to find one. That said, I don't know if Speaks is the name Terry has always had/used. What I mean is, I don't know if Speaks was originally Speaks. When did he move to Mt. Airy? Does he have brothers or sisters? His mother's name was was DSPand his father's name TGS (info from threads on WS). TS was born September 19, 1972. But is the TS of Jaren's case really that same guy?

Later his mother became DJ. Did she have other names in between? Don't know.

It's hard to find details about Addie. Someone commented that the book written about her case is incomplete because it doesn't address her history prior to New Orleans. She was 30 yo when she died but I've read 28 too. I guess Zachery, her killer, was 28. Who is her mother? Who is her father? Most importantly, who is her brother? How much older than Addie is he?

Back to my story. I was trying to fall asleep and even though it was late, I couldn't. Have you ever sort of slept when your eyes seem to be fluttering the whole time allowing light in? Well, if I did sleep at all, it was like that until way after the sun came up. Then, all of a sudden, I KNEW all the answers - I was sure of it. Terry Speaks is Addie's older brother. (Even though I don't know where he was born, where Addie was born (PA or NC?) or what year ( around 1976, she'd be 36 now, TS is 39) or that TS ever crossed paths with AH. But when I woke up, I was certain I held the key to the madness of Terry Speaks. I even think he looks a little like Addie did, especially in the two pictures that don't look like the other two pictures :waitasec: ).

Before posting about my HUGE revelation, I thought I'd do a little research and I'd find a connection between them. Nada, I can't find anything. But it was so weird, the feeling I had when I was sure that Terry was the older brother who allegedly raped Addie and that it had haunted her the rest of her life. That being the reason, according to what she told people who posted comments that say they knew her, caused her to have mental or relationship issues (trust, anger, attachment or not, hurting others, addictions and picking someone who was legally unavailable and desperately wanting to change that but had no control over Zach). You can just call me 'crazy'.

Lastly, has this article been posted that also has a comment from a 'Margaret'?

http://homesweethome.wordpress.com/2006/10/19/the-hurricane-part-i/

Hmm!
edited myself!
I think you are on to something!!!

Oh listen to you Miss linky dink ~ lol! :woohoo:

Cant tell the tone of the post.

I may have read past post wrong but it seems those that think one of the pictures is not TS are talking about different pictures or they are not very clear as to which picture they are talking about. I'm just trying to figure out which picture I need to look at to see what people are talking about. While the man in the pictures looked different I pushed it off to drug abuse, eating more, different camera angles and hair cuts.

Aren't you the poster who had just learned how to post links? And had just posted a few successfully? That's a good feeling, right?
For me it was anyway and there's still so much I don't know how to do - like side-by-side pictures, etc.

Anyway, with that in mind, I was teasing you as in, 'oh, look at her now that she knows how to do a link,' yadda-yadda.
My post was meant as a friendly jab - that's what the 'woo-woo guy' kind of means, like 'way to go, good job'. It had nothing to do with what you were asking another poster to link, other than the timing of your request in relationship to you learning to post links. :waitasec:

Sense of humor doesn't always transfer, sorry. I thought the 'woo-woo guy' would be indicative of humor. Methinks I'm not often on the same wavelength as LA peeps. No more attempts at jokes from me.

Hmm!
edited myself!
I think you are on to something!!!

Wouldn't that be something? I've tried to loose it - to empty the idea from my head for four or five days now - to no avail.
So I decided to post it to see if anything would come of it. Like I said, there is nothing findable, at my level of knowing how
to search, that connects the two. Just that they both lived in North Carolina and are/were the right ages to fit into the 'story'.

Wouldn't that be something? I've tried to loose it - to empty the idea from my head for four or five days now - to no avail.
So I decided to post it to see if anything would come of it. Like I said, there is nothing findable, at my level of knowing how
to search, that connects the two. Just that they both lived in North Carolina and are/were the right ages to fit into the 'story'.

Could also be why he didn't tell her his real name? everyone knew him as Allen Rice?

he COULDN'T use the "Speaks" name... MAS might have put 2 and 2 together? :waitasec:
MAYBE Jaren DID! :what:
moo :twocents:

Can those of you who do not think all the photos are of TS please post the photo you are talking about please?

Oh listen to you Miss linky dink ~ lol! :woohoo:

Cant tell the tone of the post.

I may have read past post wrong but it seems those that think one of the pictures is not TS are talking about different pictures or they are not very clear as to which picture they are talking about. I'm just trying to figure out which picture I need to look at to see what people are talking about. While the man in the pictures looked different I pushed it off to drug abuse, eating more, different camera angles and hair cuts.

I always run across ur posts and I'm like ...hummm I don't remember writing that!!!

LOL Then I realize I didn't lol!1 Our names are so close. I always have to look twice lol...

When I chose my name I had no Idea there was someone with something so close to what I chose...Sorry

I have a ladybug tattoo on my left arm it takes up most of my upper left arm...and I love love love lady bugs; to the point I'm obsessed with them....

This is why I chose my name...sorry once again I didn't want you to think it was something I purposely did to cause confusion....

I hope it doesn't throw too many off or upset u in any way!! ;P

BTW I love ur S/N LOL

Ah-ha! This explains it ~ I thought I was joking around with, LadyBug86, not Ladylub. LadyBug86 strikes me as having a playful personality and I responded to Ladylub thinking she was LadyBug. oops.

adding ~ shoot, this still sounds as if I'm insulting Ladylub. I'm not. I think I got the two posters mixed up is all so no wonder
Ladylub was confused.

Could also be why he didn't tell her his real name? everyone knew him as Allen Rice?

he COULDN'T use the "Speaks" name... MAS might have put 2 and 2 together? :waitasec:

Another factoid I just ran across is that the famous author, Anne Rice,
who was born in New Orleans and writes Vampire novels also has a son whose name is Christopher.

Read all about Anne Rice here ~ Anne Rice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

who was born in New Orleans and writes Vampire novels also has a son whose name is Christopher.

What was that alias? Allen Rice... There was a third name in there...
and there was one more I found...
Gotta go look see!

eta: http://www.peoplefinders.com/search...bdd=&doby=&utm_source=piplv2&utm_campaign=tzr

alias-Christopher G. Paul

Why do you think he couldn't use the 'Speaks' name? You mean if they checked the RSO offender register (I doubt they would)
or because he is a fugitive? Or both?

As far as I know, the name 'Speaks' is not connected to Addie's case (not that you're saying it is, just trying to clarify).
Speaks may not even be Speaks. This is confusing and I'm probably making a mess of it - but, I don't know.
Is Addie's unidentified (to me) brother a full sibling or a half sibling? So many questions, so few answers.

If Speaks is truly Speaks, and has no relation to Addie (but could have met/known her), he still,
if he has an interest in murdering women, would have been enamoured with Addie's murder and the gory details that surround it.

Great! Guess I better go set the recorder now! I'll be shooting off fireworks when this airs! :banghead:

"Told from the victim's point of view, this episode of "Final Witness" includes gripping, first-person accounts of the murder case by Zack and Addie's friends, Zack's mom, Addie's employer, and others. "Graveyard Love" airs Wednesday, July 4 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network."

Why do you think he couldn't use the 'Speaks' name? You mean if they checked the RSO offender register (I doubt they would)
or because he is a fugitive? Or both?

As far as I know, the name 'Speaks' is not connected to Addie's case (not that you're saying it is, just trying to clarify).
Speaks may not even be Speaks. This is confusing and I'm probably making a mess of it - but, I don't know.
Is Addie's unidentified (to me) brother a full sibling or a half sibling? So many questions, so few answers.

If Speaks is truly Speaks, and has no relation to Addie (but could have met/known her), he still,
if he has an interest in murdering women, would have been enamoured with Addie's murder and the gory details that surround it.

I just have a sneaking "suspicion" that somehow Speaks knew Addie. He ended up with a friend of hers and JL was killed like she was??? A few people have said MAS was interviewed for the upcoming show. I wonder when it was filmed... might he have met MAS on the set???

Something is just "hinky" here....
moo
ETA: what if Addie had said his name to MAS while they were working together? He surely couldn't repeat it! (if that is his real name... but he reportedlt called his mom in NC when he got arrested! She should know :waitasec:)

From the jail. It is just easier.

Good question! Wiki says inmates. actors or volunteers, so I guess it just depends!

Gee, I thought they picked inmates to use in a police line up knowing those men are already locked up. If for some reason the wrong person is picked out of the line up in error, there'd be no question that the person trying to id the perp picked the wrong person. Right?
Because the inmate picked was already in jail when the crime in question was committed.

As a safeguard, they'd use five incarcerated peeps and the one actual suspect. If the picker doesn't pick out the suspect,
then there's a problem but their choice in no way implicates the other peeps used in the line up.

Can you imagine if you're an actor and someone points to you and says, 'It's that guy, he's the one, I'm sure.' :eek:

Ah-ha! This explains it ~ I thought I was joking around with, LadyBug86, not Ladylub. LadyBug86 strikes me as having a playful personality and I responded to Ladylub thinking she was LadyBug. oops.

Haha I so do not take things to heart and if I do initially get upset it tends to roll of my back in a short time! LoL!!

Glad that u guys are getting to know me quite well rather quickly!!

Hahaha lets be friends! Hehehe!

And even I mistake lub's comments for mine all the time then I'm like duhhh lol

I would never have thought of that! I did wonder where the Rice came from.

I know I'm not going to re-read her books right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member