WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

We can't be of much use if relevant facts are being kept from us. Let me ask again--does anybody know if Joe had contact with any of his Hollywood employers in the six months prior?

And I am still confused on the status of Joe's four 'friends.' Has the family attempted to ask them by themselves what happened? If they refuse contact, well that would be suspicious. But if are still open to being contacted than that would be evidence that they were not involved.

Good question regarding Joe contacting any of the Hollywood folks.

Joe did not have contact with any Hollywood actors in the 6 months prior to his disappearance that we know of. We know he had friends in California that he talked to. No one is holding back... That is all we know.

6 months prior to his disappearance Joe fulfilled a dream and went to California for a week to feed the homeless there. He and several of his friends including Cammie went on this trip. Apparently, they didn't have the same dream or it wasn't what they expected and something happened. Thats when the friends broke up. No one will talk about what happened but it was really bad and broke the friend up.

Joe had been working in homeless shelters with his family since he was little, so he knew what it was like. The conditions can be a lot of hard work. The family had befriended one very special man they loved very much, especially Joe. When he died, Joe tried to dedicate as much of his free time as he could to volunteering to feed the homeless. His dream was a foundation to help the homeless and the family is hoping to some day fulfill it.

The family have all asked the friends what happened their response was 'shut up' 'leave me alone' 'dont ever talk to me again'. Kathy tried to keep an open communication with them as best she could, but that hasn't been successful. They won't talk about what happened.

Good morning guys,
I don't really have anything to add, just sayin' Hi!

There are a lot of questions on this forum and sometimes I miss yours. I am sorry. Please just ask it again and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible. Also, I don't always know the answer and it may take me several days to get the answer. :waitasec: Please be patient.
I work so I can't stay on the forum as much as I would like. I will try to answer your questions as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Thanks for being so understanding.

HI Sharon - I have kept up with Joe's disappearance over the last few weeks. I totally understand why you have gotten demoralized a few times over the last few months. I am not going to pretend I know what it is like to know someone who is gone and being rejected by the authorities at every turn.
I admire your dedication, passion and enthusiasm regarding finding out what happened to Joe. I could only hope if I ever got into a situation like Joe's family I would have friends as strong as you to help back me up.
You are doing a great job and if it were not for you most of us wouldn't know about Joe which means thousands of others wouldn't know about Joe.
Keep up the good work - you are making a difference.

Christine-when you spoke with the mom, did you get a sense of whether or not DNA for Joe was processed? I re-read the previous thread from start to finish and was puzzled regarding some posts about two UID's from the area and whether or not their DNA had been entered for comparison purposes.
snip
(Implied-"Mom") is having the coroner check the body mentioned by one of the users via the www.doenetwork.org case 79. She heard in a seminar for NCMEC that weight can change dramatically if a person dies for a long time.
Also, while I was looking for more information on Doe #79 I found another boy that died in the same river a few months later that was never identified and never put into the Namus database (National database) or the Washington State database. I don't think they had a NCIC number either. I'll double check this... The coroner didn't call us back, so xxxx is driving there personally to make sure their DNA gets checked.

snip

I know that a to do of ours was to perhaps arrange a DNA kit so I just want to get a clarification. If the mom was going to all of this trouble to get the DNA entered for the UID's, should we assume that Joe's DNA is on file since they would need to compare it to something?? Thanks!

6 months prior to his disappearance Joe fulfilled a dream and went to California for a week to feed the homeless there. ..... something happened. Thats when the friends broke up. No one will talk about what happened but it was really bad and broke the friend up.
What? They have no homeless up in Washington state? Something strange about this. What did Joe have to say about this trip after he came back? The mystery only deepens.

The family have all asked the friends what happened their response was 'shut up' 'leave me alone' 'dont ever talk to me again'. .... They won't talk about what happened.
Oh yes they will:
"Normally, a teen or group of teens will fold like a house of cards when confronted by investigators."
--From "The Cases that Haunt Us" by pioneering FBI profiler John Douglas, page 333(Scribner, 2000).

In which case the question becomes: Why won't the police treat this case as a crime? Could it be that the police, at the very least, could be complicit in the disappearance of Joe Pilcher? That is the only explanation that makes sense. I don't think they will help you no matter what.

ps
What's with Joe's computer? Probably one of the best and cheapest things to do would be to hire an IT guy to comb the hard drive and put everything on disc. Wait--lemme guess: the cops came by and took the computer?

"What's with Joe's computer? Probably one of the best and cheapest things to do would be to hire an IT guy to comb the hard drive and put everything on disc. Wait--lemme guess: the cops came by and took the computer?"

Really good idea. If it hasn't been done, does anyone know a good IT guy in The Bremerton area, or is this also something you would want an independent forensics lab to do?

...is this also something you would want an independent forensics lab to do?
No!! Get someone who is independant and based on personal recommendation. Those 'labs for hire' are probably too tied in with the law enforcement agencies.

The police did look at Joe's computer and Joe's cell phone. And there wasn't anything on the computer. I put the cell phone information on a previous comment. I can go back and try to find.
Thats all the evidence they processed as far as last week.

Joe and his family routinely donated time feeding and taking care of the homeless in Washington state. Their homeless friend that was so special to them that died was from California. Joe had expressed for many years how he wanted to do something special for the man, he wanted to do something nice for the homeless in California in honor of him. When he graduated high school he thought it was his turn to return the kindness that this man gave Joe and his family. I feel really bad that I can't remember his name... But he was like an uncle to them all and even came to their home at Christmas.
It wasn't a lie to Mom or a way to get a trip to CA w his buddies. He could go to CA anytime he wanted and visit friends. This trip was a good kind act of love to honor his homeless friend. I don't know what happened that caused a riff among the friends on this trip.

I questioned whether a lawyer could escalate things with Bremerton. I also wondered about a private investigator. But that takes money and its hard to get a good one.

here is a link to the AMW feature and info done on Joe. It was last updated on 4/10/2007. I read on About.com that his case was featured on AMW in April 2007.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=44520

It is worth a read as there is some information that differs from what we have read here.

I think we need to realize that Joe's friends are not guilty of anything. No one is saying they are. They just aren't cooperating with the police. There are any number of scenarios that could have happened to Joe. I try to say alledged whenever I talk about a scenario or a theory, but people keep not reading that part or assuming the worse. If I ever did in any way accuse anyone, I'm sorry. There are many scenarios that were possible.
I don't know what happened that night. This is more of an issue of everyone cooperating with the police and the police realizing they may have a case to investigate.
On Bremerton's side maybe they didn't understand the seriousness of the theft issue and the evidence of the prior plan at Joe's apartment was only found in December 2007 by an outside investigator.

The police did look at Joe's computer... (a)nd there wasn't anything on the computer.
When did all this happen? And yeah, I would still have my own guy look at the computer and put everything on disc. Don't believe anything the cops tell you.

----------

btw, has an accident theory been entirely ruled out?

A possible scenario:

For some reason he gets in his car early that Friday morning and decides to go for a drive. Maybe he's going down to kwikie-mart for some coffee and the morning edition, or perhaps some aspirin for his hangover. About a mile from home he realizes he is too impaired to drive, so he gets out(but not before hurling in his car) and decides to hoof it the rest of the way, figuring a brisk walk will sober him up faster(after all, he has to be at work in a few hours). He gets to the bridge before nausea hits him again, and leans over the bridge railing to vomit. Except he's leaned over a little too far, the sidewalk is icy, his feet slip out from under him, and over he goes. He may have been hurt or stunned in the fall, and the the icy water does the rest. And then his body is slowly swept out to sea.

[Comment: My mother lost an uncle in similar fashion many years ago.]

I think we need to realize that Joe's friends are not guilty of anything. No one is saying they are. They just aren't cooperating with the police. There are any number of scenarios that could have happened to Joe. I try to say alledged whenever I talk about a scenario or a theory, but people keep not reading that part or assuming the worse. If I ever did in any way accuse anyone, I'm sorry. There are many scenarios that were possible.
I don't know what happened that night. This is more of an issue of everyone cooperating with the police and the police realizing they may have a case to investigate.
On Bremerton's side maybe they didn't understand the seriousness of the theft issue and the evidence of the prior plan at Joe's apartment was only found in December 2007 by an outside investigator.

Sharon,

With all due respect, the only ones on the thread that have "accused" his friends are yourself. Please go and reread the terms of service...

5. By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will abide by these rules and not post any messages that are knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, inappropriate sexual content not viable to the discussion, hateful, threatening, invasion of a person's privacy or otherwise violation of any laws. If you do so, you will lose your posting privileges.

I do agree there are many scenarios that could have occurred and I'm glad you're finally agreeing to view the possibility of them......

When did all this happen? And yeah, I would still have my own guy look at the computer and put everything on disc. Don't believe anything the cops tell you.

----------

btw, has an accident theory been entirely ruled out?

A possible scenario:

For some reason he gets in his car early that Friday morning and decides to go for a drive. Maybe he's going down to kwikie-mart for some coffee and the morning edition, or perhaps some aspirin for his hangover. About a mile from home he realizes he is too impaired to drive, so he gets out(but not before hurling in his car) and decides to hoof it the rest of the way, figuring a brisk walk will sober him up faster(after all, he has to be at work in a few hours). He gets to the bridge before nausea hits him again, and leans over the bridge railing to vomit. Except he's leaned over a little too far, the sidewalk is icy, his feet slip out from under him, and over he goes. He may have been hurt or stunned in the fall, and the the icy water does the rest. And then his body is slowly swept out to sea.

[Comment: My mother lost an uncle in similar fashion many years ago.]

Definitely a possibility I would think. I think it is interesting that Joe's car was found behind a Mexican Restaurant when chips and salsa are listed on his (legitimate) website as being one of his favorite foods. I wonder if he was a regular at that eatery since it was relatively close to his home.

Sorry if I missed it, Was vomit in the front seat area or back seat area of the vehicle?

Sharon 11:14 am
2/24/2008

Alledgedly Kyle Johnson, Kelly Bjork, Justin Gilbert, and Nichole Turpek were the ones visiting Joe the last night he was seen alive.
Alledgedly Cammie Walsh is the one who told Mrs. Pichler she knew where the abandoned car was before the police and had gone to the car with a friend to remove evidence that might embarrass the family. When they got to the car alledgedly the family and police had found it first.
Jesse Dixon's parent house is alledgely the last place Joe was seen alive. We do not know the address.
Also, AJ thought it was really suspicious how Justin seem to know right where the abandoned car was when they were looking for it. He said he took several turns and drove straight to it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back