OR - Boy dies at sitter's, second fatality at house

I can tell you , these people are related. And it is a tragedy for all involved.

I have seen a child die from a tricycle accident. So I know it can happen.

What happened in the case that I know of, personally,
The child fell off of his tricycle. The parents thought he was fine as he only had minor bruising. The mother is a nurse so she really didn't think anything of it but some bruises. I can't remember how long after the accident, he died from internal bleeding.

http://www.medicinenet.com/internal_bleeding/page2.htm
Blunt trauma

Most people understand that falling from a height or being involved in a car accident can inflict great force and trauma upon the body. If blunt force is involved, the outside of the body may not necessarily be damaged, but enough compression may occur to internal organs to cause injury and bleeding.

That is just the kind of information I was hoping to glean from this thread. I had never heard of a child dying in this manner and it was really bugging me. Thank you for that information!!!

I can tell you , these people are related. And it is a tragedy for all involved.

Of course it's a tragedy. But now a second child died at the same sitter. Even if both are complete accidents, I certainly would want it investigated to see why one sitter had two accidents in two years resulting in two deaths.
Did she know CPR? Did she use CPR as the child was choking? Why did the child choke? Was he eating? If he was eating, was anyone watching him while he was eating?

Both deaths are very sad for the families of the children. Ms. Bauman only seems to be concerned with HER feelings. On her facebook page she states

"why must some take the loss of a family member and try to turn it into more than what it is. Miss you linky dinky doo."

What does that mean. Is she upset that she is being questioned? And doesn't think she is doing anything wrong. How on earth does a 2 year old choke to death when the caregiver states she is a nursing student? Where was she? What was she doing. At least she should be guilty of neglect. She obviously was not there.

As for the first death, I always found that to be very suspicious. Not by the accident, but by her reaction. Stating, she did everything right, I miss him. Nothing about feeling guilty.

Her facebook page yesterday was updated with this:
"Go Ducks! That was F'in awesome."
Really, she's watching a football game and posting about it. Sounds like a narcissistic sociopath.

Her friends even post, that she shouldn't have to go through this. Really, no sympathy for the family of the little boy. Her neighbors have said he hears constant fighting and screaming at her own children. I do hope they reinvestigate the first death and look deep into this one, before there is another one.

And her facebook page is not private:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=wall&id=100000114362823

Concerned...I was wondering about how a child could choke too...when the person has had CPR. And I agree, her demeanor after is highly strange! I posted what her MS said the next day after it happened.

I hope the state has suspended her license until they can investigate this completely. And I'm saying that based on what she is blogging, actually.

P. S. We aren't allowed to link to MS, FB or Twitter. We can discuss it as long as the person isn't a minor.

Oh and just so you know, on myspace. You have to physically change your update/status. Mine still says I'm excited to be going camping. Which was last year. When in fact I just haven't had the time to change it. I don't pay attention to it when I'm logged on. So I wouldn't use that as a means to use against her since we have no idea when she last changed her status.

We need to take care before pointing fingers, I know the parents of Lincoln, these two people are all about their kids and would never have let someone they did not trust to care for their kids. The parents are my nephew and his wife.

Welcome wlasi - I am sorry you had to find WebSleuths under these circumstances. I have no doubts that your friends felt comfortable leaving their child in that situation - however, that does not guarantee protection to an innocent child. The fact that two children have died under this individuals care demands a more thorough investigation. Anyone who truly cares about children would demand to know the answers as to what really happened.

Oh and just so you know, on myspace. You have to physically change your update/status. Mine still says I'm excited to be going camping. Which was last year. When in fact I just haven't had the time to change it. I don't pay attention to it when I'm logged on. So I wouldn't use that as a means to use against her since we have no idea when she last changed her status.

you're right - maybe she just logged in today to make it private & forgot to change her mood status

I'm bothered by the fact that she's even thinking about social networking sites at a time like this

shouldn't she be grieving the death of a SECOND child in her care?! (this isn't directed at you - just bouncing off your post)

shouldn't she be feeling horrible (even if she wasn't negligent) that she was the one taking care of two children who died?!

you're right - maybe she just logged in today to make it private & forgot to change her mood status

I'm bothered by the fact that she's even thinking about social networking sites at a time like this

shouldn't she be grieving the death of a SECOND child in her care?! (this isn't directed at you - just bouncing off your post)

shouldn't she be feeling horrible (even if she wasn't negligent) that she was the one taking care of two children who died?!

She may just need the social comfort? Just thinking objectively until there is any sort of evidence of foul play.

Concerned...I was wondering about how a child could choke too...when the person has had CPR. And I agree, her demeanor after is highly strange! I posted what her MS said the next day after it happened.

I hope the state has suspended her license until they can investigate this completely. And I'm saying that based on what she is blogging, actually.

P. S. We aren't allowed to link to MS, FB or Twitter. We can discuss it as long as the person isn't a minor.

Kimster - where did you hear we can't link to facebook/myspace or twitter? My understanding is that we can link as long as the person is not a minor. We may not copy and paste info from such pages, but we can link.

Salem

But don't you think she would look and change it to reflect the nightmare she is caught up in? I think it is kinda odd, she is still cheerful. Many folks that use myspace will change their avatar, sign on name, etc. to reflect a "drastic" change in whatever is happening around them, kwim? Like when a child goes missing and everyone changes their sign on name to "this child is missing" or help find this child or whatever. This baby died, while in her care, just 2 days ago and she doesn't have the decency to say she is no longer feeling cheerful?

I'm sure she did everything right in this case also. Can't wait to read her interview.

I think there is something wrong here, not just because of what has happened, but because of JB's attitude. There is no guilt, no remorse, no sympathy for the child's family. That is really weird in my opinion.

Salem

But don't you think she would look and change it to reflect the nightmare she is caught up in? I think it is kinda odd, she is still cheerful. Many folks that use myspace will change their avatar, sign on name, etc. to reflect a "drastic" change in whatever is happening around them, kwim? Like when a child goes missing and everyone changes their sign on name to "this child is missing" or help find this child or whatever. This baby died, while in her care, just 2 days ago and she doesn't have the decency to say she is no longer feeling cheerful?

I'm sure she did everything right in this case also. Can't wait to read her interview.

I think there is something wrong here, not just because of what has happened, but because of JB's attitude. There is no guilt, no remorse, no sympathy for the child's family. That is really weird in my opinion.

Salem

This makes sense, Salem. I don't go on my MS very often, but when I do, I notice the moods thing there. I keep it pretty sterile for the most part. But, if I logged on and it said "cheerful", I would have changed it under the circumstances. And although I enjoyed the Ducks game last night, the situation I'm in would have still put a damper on my mood...!

I found her picture and a little info. I'm not sure if it is okay to post?

I found her picture and a little info. I'm not sure if it is okay to post?

Let's wait. First of all, there is no evidence to us that a crime has been committed. Unless you are linking to a direct press release, I'd wait until our admin has made a decision.

One thing is that we do NOT want to start anything that would harm innocent people here. :nono:

It sounds like she has had the daycare for about a year and a half. I just don't see the foul play. I think it is odd that she continued to be a daycare provider after a child dying. I think that would be a very traumatic experience.

Where is it said that she didn't feel remorse? I'm curious about this case. Probably because it's so close to home and I was in that town a few days ago.

Let's wait. First of all, there is no evidence to us that a crime has been committed. Unless you are linking to a direct press release, I'd wait until our admin has made a decision.

One thing is that we do NOT want to start anything that would harm innocent people here. :nono:

That's a very good idea. Thanks

http://www.kval.com/news/70722992.html

Jason Stiner lives across the street from Janna's Little Monkeys, a daycare operated by Janna Bauman. On Friday, 2-year-old Lincoln Weathers died while under Bauman's care.
"It was unbelievable," said Stiner. "Words can't express. When I saw it happen, I dropped to my knees."
Stiner doesn't paint a very pretty picture of his neighbor.
"All we hear is fighting and screaming from the husband and her, screaming at her kids," said Stiner.
Bauman walked out of her house and into her car while KVAL News was interviewing Stiner. We asked her if she would talk to us. She got in her car and drove away without saying a word.
It's a very different response than what we got in July 2008 when another 2-year-old died under her care after falling off a tricycle.

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back