Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I know it, but I do. You and I began posting on the same day for the first time. I always felt a kindred spirit with you. Kind of like you "got me" when no one else did.

I am so sad to see how this journey is ending, but I am ever so proud to have witnessed it with all of you. All of you are class acts.

I hadn't even noticed, but I'm ever so glad you did! :hug:

Was sexual assault specified? I know assault was mentioned. Will have to check. In any case, we don't know if she was wearing her clothes, or if they were simply found with her.

My apologies Clue...I missed that little word "or" per MaHouston...not such a little word, actually!

O/T I love your gazillions of cat photos...do you take the photos?

Surely someone has posted this already, but it's so lovely you can listen twice. On another note, has someone started a thread for sentiments to the family? Maybe we can all share the beautiful qualities of Mickey that made each one of us relate to her or her case.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"][/ame]

I am just going to post here what I put on my facebook. "My sincere condolences go out to the Shunick family. Mickey has touched the heart of many people in Louisiana and across the country. She has lit a fire that only we can keep by pulling together when a person goes missing or is in possible danger. Do not let this fire she has lit burn out! I would also like to thank Texas Equu Search for all they have done and sacrificed during their search efforts. To all others volunteers you guys and girls are great people! R.I.P Mickey Shunick, you are finally coming home." I would really like to start something out of Lafayette similar to Texas Equu Search or see something started soon. I think we have the people local and not so local to where it could be done. I am personally just at a point of disbelief. I wish Mickey could have escaped BSL so bad. I wish everyone could have done something sooner be none of us were dealt that hand. I'm so glad to have joined this discussion board and have gotten to know a few of you even if behind a screen name. Let's just keep marching on and not stop for anything! If BSL has done this sick act to more victims let's link him to them! R.I.P Mickey!

RIP sweet girl.

Louisiana has lost a shining star and will forever carry an empty place where once you smiled.

Thank you for saving the victims that were yet to come. Women that will never know they were fated to be next. Because your death gave them life and freedom.

You are as beautiful in death as you were in life.

Sleep in peace, lovely girl. :(

Reading such kind and tender thoughts here from so many people..... gives me hope for the world. What a blessing it has been to have a place like Websleuths - a million thanks and appreciation to Tricia and Sue and all the moderators.... for providing a place to share our ideas, our pain, and our determination to bring one of our own back home where she belongs.

How wonderful it has been to see people from all over the country - and even out of the country, join the long vigil for our local girl, and for caring about someone they didn't even know. There are some good hearts here, for sure.

To me it is a small but real blessing to the family - and the answer to prayers, that at least Mickey can come home - that at least she wasn't just thrown in a swamp, never to be found, or dumped on a roadside like those poor victims of the Jennings killer. At least she was in a peaceful place, near many others at rest in the old churchyard, and her family will have closure....an unhappy, tearful closure, but as clean a closure as can be in a nightmare.

The monster is in jail and Mickey is coming home, neither of which was a sure thing.

For these two things, I am thankful.
:candle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I'll be Missing You by Puff Daddy

Headquarters remain open - Justice for Mickey now the slogan.

Good for them. I think this is going to make a difference.

And...I just burst into tears from KATC's broadcast. Fly with the angels, sweetie.

This was taken at the Cemetery on Monday, and someone I trust was kind enough to share it with me.

226208_404530392929076_248969099_n.jpg

Ohh, damn you KATC. I'm sitting here bawling again.

Apparently this was one of Mickey's favorites...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk"]The Beatles - All You Need is Love (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Just watched the 10 o'clock news, and all I have right now is this: heartbreaking. I think KATC's tribute was poignant and bittersweet. I imaging it will be on their website or their FB page shortly for those of you who missed it or are outside of our area.

Just watched the 10 o'clock news, and all I have right now is this: heartbreaking. I think KATC's tribute was poignant and bittersweet. I imaging it will be on their website or their FB page shortly for those of you who missed it or are outside of our area.

Jim Hummel did an EXCELLENT job with that piece. *Tears*

Yes, I missed it and heard it was a tear jerker...RIP sweet Mickey, the community was so determined to bring you home, now you can rest and watch over us as we bring you justice. From everyone involved: WE LOVE YOU.

This was taken at the Cemetery on Monday, and someone I trust was kind enough to share it with me.

226208_404530392929076_248969099_n.jpg

Queenie, maybe it is because I on my iphone, but I cannot see anything but some light and shadows in the pic. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288