Who Thinks T.E.S. Found Caylee?

Do You Believe T.E.S. found Caylee in their Search?

• Yes.

Votes: 194 23.2%
  • No.

Votes: 401 47.9%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 243 29.0%

• Total voters
I am undecided. It was odd the way that TES pulled out. Was it due to the Anthonys placing pressure on them to stop looking for a dead Caylee or was it truly what they said it was.

I don't know. I just hope that this case does not turn out to be like the Trenton Duckett case. 2 years later and still no Trenton.

IMO... I dont think Tim Miller would allow to A's to influence his search efforts especially when LE has been so supportive to his team.

I too hope this is resolved soon and doesnt turn out to be another Trenton Duckett case. Very sad situation there

I know when they find someone's remains that they must notify family members, but if they haven't ID'd the remains yet, do they have to notify the family of the possibility before testing is performed?

I've thought all along that EquuSearch found something. They pulled out much too mysteriously, IMO. Tim also seemed to go a bit easier on Cindy. That of course could have just been his nature, but could it be that he knew that Caylee was dead, and knew Cindy would take the news hard?

Since they have already determined that the body in the trunk of the car was Caylee's, finding the body is a moot point as far as arresting her. If the body is found, it is very unlikely as this point it will yield any forensic evidence as far as cause of death. It would probably provide more evidence as to what happened when. So while providing closure for the family, finding the body is not of that much importance to the legal case against Casey.
The only way I see finding a body adding to a criminal case against KC is that the actual body would remove some aspects of reasonable doubt pertaining to whether or not Caylee is still alive. I agree that the body won't yield much, if anything, in forensic evidence. I just feel like if they find and identify a body the conversations and debates with regard to this case will be different. There would be no more "Is she or isn't she alive".

I think TES left in a hurry because they are from Texas and they had to prepare for the hurricane.

I believe that they left before it was known that Hurricane Ike would be headed for the Texas coast.

The only way I see finding a body adding to a criminal case against KC is that the actual body would remove some aspects of reasonable doubt pertaining to whether or not Caylee is still alive. I agree that the body won't yield much, if anything, in forensic evidence. I just feel like if they find and identify a body the conversations and debates with regard to this case will be different. There would be no more "Is she or isn't she alive".

I agree, unless they find some sort of blunt force trauma. I don't expect they will, but that's the only exception I can think of.

I read, in Florida, if a child dies due to aggravated child abuse, it is indeed considered murder. On Nancy Grace the other day, several attorneys stated if Casey used the chloroform to sedate Caylee so she could party, that too would be murder 1 if she happened to die from it (perhaps searches on the computer could prove that).

In a nutshell though, while I don't think the remains will necessarily prove cause or manner of death, I think it is likely that they could get a murder conviction; as opposed to manslaughter, etc... I know a lot of people don't believe it's a possibility, but I sure do.

I do believe they found "something". Just a hunch, but the search was called off under strange circumstances. Very unusual-

I believe that they left before it was known that Hurricane Ike would be headed for the Texas coast.

Didn't they call off the search early Sept? Like within the first week of Sept? I am in TX and while yes, we were watching it, no one was "preparing" for Ike that far ahead.

I think they found something critical to the investigation, but, I do not think it's little Caylee.

I agree, I am not sure it would even be legal to have found a body and not release that information to the Anthony's.

No, I don't think so. The remains belong to KC not to LE. They are only allowed to keep them as long as it takes to identify them and then they have to release to family. Can't sit on it. They also have to expedite identification. They may be able to hold onto longer if need to do forensics but they have to id first and notify family and then they can continue with their testing etc. Plus, according to reporter, TES said they were coming back regardless. Why would they come back to search for Caylee if they had already found her? Maybe they identified what they believe is Caylee but had to halt the search for the reasons they indicated-high water levels, etc. Remember Tim said that he didn't want any boats or other vehicles running over the body. JMHO

Right SoCal, there are laws concerning this and no way could they keep the body this long with out notifiying the family

No, I don't think so. The remains belong to KC not to LE. They are only allowed to keep them as long as it takes to identify them and then they have to release to family. Can't sit on it. They also have to expedite identification. They may be able to hold onto longer if need to do forensics but they have to id first and notify family and then they can continue with their testing etc. Plus, according to reporter, TES said they were coming back regardless. Why would they come back to search for Caylee if they had already found her? Maybe they identified what they believe is Caylee but had to halt the search for the reasons they indicated-high water levels, etc. Remember Tim said that he didn't want any boats or other vehicles running over the body. JMHO

Didn't it take a month to ID Laci Peterson's remains? I don't think the amount of time that's in question here is long enough to be able to say conclusively one way or the other.

Didn't it take a month to ID Laci Peterson's remains? I don't think the amount of time that's in question here is long enough to be able to say conclusively one way or the other.
I don;t think it's been long enough either to ID anything appropriately. Is it possible that LE could notify the Anthony's but not release the info to the public just yet?

I think it was less than a week to identify Laci and Conner, but my memory is a bit hazy now.....:confused:

I don;t think it's been long enough either to ID anything appropriately. Is it possible that LE could notify the Anthony's but not release the info to the public just yet?

I think that's definitely a possibility. We know, the Anthonys would NEVER inform the public if that turns out to be the case.

I think it was less than a week to identify Laci and Conner, but my memory is a bit hazy now.....:confused:

I was trying to run some google searches a couple weeks back and I couldn't find anything conclusively, but it seemed to me it took longer than I ever realized at the time.

I was trying to run some google searches a couple weeks back and I couldn't find anything conclusively, but it seemed to me it took longer than I ever realized at the time.
I think LE is playing it smart and holding tight to whatever information they have. If they only found partial remains, it could take a lot longer than we think to reach conclusive forensic testing.

Laci's remains were found, April 13, 2003.

Scott was arrested, April 18, 2003, but DNA results weren't known yet. They feared he would flee.

The autopsy was completed AND sealed on, May 15, 2003.

At what point the remains were positively ID'd, I don't know.

EDIT: Okay, some sites are claiming that DNA results were completed before the arrest. I do recall that Scott never once asked if the found remains belonged to his wife.

Edit for the thousandth time LOL. It's all starting to come back slowly. I found this and someone correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't the results come in while they were enroute back to Modesto with Scott? Is this where Scott had 1 tear fall from his face?

Scott Peterson has been arrested. He was arrested between 11 and 12 noon, before they got the final DNA results. Law enforcement determined he had to be arrested at that time. He was arrested while driving a vehicle. Sounds to us like they thought he might flee--perhaps through a wiretap and cell phone records, but the police aren't talking about that.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2003/04/18/773/79459

Now I don't think they found anything because I just read an article on here: http://www.wftv.com/news/17507311/detail.html stating LE raided a home yesterday because of a tip Caylee was there. It was another child but it seems if LE KNEW they had found Caylee they wouldn't be storming into people's homes on a tip.

I didn't think she was found (just something...likely unrelated, which happens), because I was stuck on him saying 'the ground search is temporarily off, but we may continue with small boats and sonar'. Although, going back to Aruba to seach for NH has always puzzled me. If you're just waiting for the water...why not 'sit tight' or, at least, stay close? Still, I didn't think much about it...until today. The possible 'new development' video and the info another poster found (Terilee?) is making me think they probably did find her (or a part of her:(). Who knows...

ETA: I voted "can't decide".

Now I don't think they found anything because I just read an article on here: http://www.wftv.com/news/17507311/detail.html stating LE raided a home yesterday because of a tip Caylee was there. It was another child but it seems if LE KNEW they had found Caylee they wouldn't be storming into people's homes on a tip.

Thanks for the link. I guess that puts this somewhat into prospective, eh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back