2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

Exactly. It was a ploy for sympathy from the court/general public AND a guilt trip for BS, who was in the courtroom, and AF who she knew would hear about it.

It wasn't even a very good performance.

ETA: I'm frustrated that she garnered even this much attention with it, so I'll ST*U before I earn myself a time out.

ITA All the headlines were about her being frail or fainting etc. Made my blood just boil more. Good luck with that EB, I don't think your going to garner much sympathy from anyone, anywhere.

I wonder if BS was there to try to show some support to her mother. I feel for her daughters. I could understand if they love and hate her at the same time.

I asked this in the Questions for Lawyers thread, but am going to ask it here too for those who might have some general knowledge of NC law. I wondered why AB would not be there to represent his daughter.

So if AB is to be on the witness list for the trial, will he not be allowed to attend any court hearings? Would this include preliminary hearings or just when the trial begins?

I have seen it mentioned elsewhere that Casey Anthony's parents come to court and that they are to be called as witnesses.

I honestly think it depends on what the judge decides. Im sure the defence will ask for the witnesses not to be allowed in the court room until after they have testified.

ITA All the headlines were about her being frail or fainting etc. Made my blood just boil more. Good luck with that EB, I don't think your going to garner much sympathy from anyone, anywhere.

I wonder if BS was there to try to show some support to her mother. I feel for her daughters. I could understand if they love and hate her at the same time.

From the news report I read, I don't think so. It sounds like she hadn't anticipated EB actually being in the courtroom. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling her daughter's want justice for Zahra, too and know how lucky they are that they didn't suffer the same fate. :cow:

Thank you dar for posting this in the news links. The video show EB giving someone in the public area of the courtroom the evil eye. She is sitting down at this time and slowly moves her head so she can see who is watching from the public area.

Video located under photo.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/05/3182262.htm?

It's like looking into the face of pure evil. It breaks my heart to think that's the last thing our poor sweet Zahra probably saw. :anguish:

I'm pretty sure this is the look she gave BS:

Attachments

• eb.jpg
    eb.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 62
http://www.wcnc.com/home/NC-disabled-girls-father-sees-charges-dropped-120963199.html

Thanks dar for posting the above link in the media section.

The article didn't say anything about court costs/fees. It is my understanding North Carilina residents pay for Adam's attorney regarding these bad checks. Do citizens also pay the court costs?

In other words, is there any punishment at all for Adam writing these bad checks?

IMO, our system is wrong...free attorney, dismissed charges, and possibly no cost to the offender.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/NC-disabled-girls-father-sees-charges-dropped-120963199.html

Thanks dar for posting the above link in the media section.

The article didn't say anything about court costs/fees. It is my understanding North Carilina residents pay for Adam's attorney regarding these bad checks. Do citizens also pay the court costs?

In other words, is there any punishment at all for Adam writing these bad checks?

IMO, our system is wrong...free attorney, dismissed charges, and possibly no cost to the offender.

It is my understanding that AB paid back the money to the store the bad cheques were written to. Therefore the charges were dropped and court was just a formality. One article said nobody from the prosecution showed up, but I think that is incorrect,and it was no witnesses for the prosecution showed up, as there was no need, restitution had been made. I mean, here in Canada, the prosecuter is at the table all day dealing with whatever is on the court's docket.

Her lawyer is as bad as Casey Anthony's. His only excuse today was "I just got the discovery." And said discovery had been available since April 5th! I wonder if traffic thwarted him like it did for Baez in Florida. Good Lord.

Elisa Baker under heavy guard at Caldwell County arraignment

Elisa Baker pleaded not guilty in her arraignment hearing for four felony charges in Caldwell County Wednesday afternoon.

Baker, 42, was in court for two counts each of felony identity theft and felony obtaining property by false pretenses. She is accused of using her daughter’s information to obtain phone and communication information from CenturyLink at a Hudson residence, as well as that same daughter’s information to get services from Duke Energy.

more at http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/may/04/elisa-baker-under-heavy-guard-caldwell-county-arra-ar-1005585/

Well, her drug trafficking finally caught up to her!

According to this article these charges can get her 20 years each.

The charges are piling up higher and higher. :great:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...county-court-hearings-pushed-back-ar-1118405/

*snip*

Adam has already paid the money owed on the worthless checks and is hoping to clear those charges, Pearce said.

Adam was given a new court date of Aug. 4.

Elisa did not appear in Caldwell County court Monday because she is currently under a federal detainer in the Catawba County jail. She has been charged with seven federal drug charges and has pleaded not guilty.

“You have to get a writ to bring them to another county,” said Scott Reilly, Elisa’s attorney for her state charges. “A writ has to be granted by the U.S. attorney.”

Reilly said a writ is not usually granted for misdemeanor charges.

Elisa was given a court date of Nov. 3.

BBM

In the above article (to the best of my memory) it said Adam usually sat in his attorney's office during the court hearing...but this time he stayed at home...his apartment.

Why? There had to be a reason for this change. Is KB still in Hudson? If she has already gone back to Australia, is Adam afraid to go out by himself?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back