GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

This story is not going to end well. Mom just sounds like she can't cope with the idea that a trusted church friend has anything other than good intentions.

Poor babies. I hope they are found quickly.

The comments are definitely disturbing....

Yes, they are. This is breaking news obviously. I read that two of the news stations would be onsite in Lowndes County for the 10:00 PM news. So far, nothing published on their websites.

There was a murder suicide in my area a few weeks ago. LE called it "homicide" for 2 days until the medical examiner determined it wasn't. (I'M NOT PROCLAIMING THAT THIS IS THE SITUATION. I am only sharing what I saw occur in my area.

Yes, they are. This is breaking news obviously. I read that two of the news stations would be onsite in Lowndes County for the 10:00 PM news. So far, nothing published on their websites.

BTW, Good Job, Bit! You were the first to find the news....very impressive "Newbie." Glad you are among us, even if these cases get a bit sad.

:welcome:

BTW, Good Job, Bit! You were the first to find the news....very impressive "Newbie." Glad you are among us, even if these cases get a bit sad.

:welcome:
Thanks, Shefner. I am a long time lurker, still gun shy about posting.

I meant under in the comments section. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh. This is just terrible. I suspected that something happened to all three of them. I hope I'm wrong. If Lowndes PD is responding/investigating, would the scene be something near his home or near the mother's home? Because I recall that they were no longer leading the investigation.

I live about 20 miles south of this area. Lowndes Co. and the Hope Hull area is very rural. I have been glued to the TV and local media sites waiting on news. Everything is very hush-hush right now. Very eerie.

I don't have a good feeling. Just very confused about all this.

I won't judge the mom for picking them up after midnight though. Not sure where she works but there are several hospitals nearby that employ a lot of the residents of Hope Hull. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift or something? No clue...just a guess but there are lots of places she might have worked and not gotten off until very late.

ugh... It is a very strange vibe around here right now. We have our share of crime around here but this is different.

Before the most recent report of homicides in the area, WSFA reported on the 6p news that they believed they were all still in the area. There is some reason there was never an Amber Alert because they are routinely done here.

One thing is clear by the reporting - LE knows a lot more than they are releasing to the public.

eta: I know it seems obvious by the comments left on the "ABI investigating apparent homicide" article linked, but I am not convinced that this is the same case. That area has it share of crime and it could be a different matter. Plus, they use the singular 'homicide'.

I dunno. Just hoping...trying to keep faith and hope.

Despite the "red flag" I posted about yesterday, I was hoping that this would be a misunderstanding of some sort and the kids would have made it home by now. They are adorable and I hope they're okay.

Mom doesn't seem right to me.

I really felt that the submerged car theory would prove true. I suppose my secondary theory involves a car crash that left the roadway. I guess I'll just wait to hear something.

I live about 20 miles south of this area. Lowndes Co. and the Hope Hull area is very rural. I have been glued to the TV and local media sites waiting on news. Everything is very hush-hush right now. Very eerie.

I don't have a good feeling. Just very confused about all this.

I won't judge the mom for picking them up after midnight though. Not sure where she works but there are several hospitals nearby that employ a lot of the residents of Hope Hull. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift or something? No clue...just a guess but there are lots of places she might have worked and not gotten off until very late.

ugh... It is a very strange vibe around here right now. We have our share of crime around here but this is different.

Before the most recent report of homicides in the area, WSFA reported on the 6p news that they believed they were all still in the area. There is some reason there was never an Amber Alert because they are routinely done here.

One thing is clear by the reporting - LE knows a lot more than they are releasing to the public.

eta: I know it seems obvious by the comments left on the "ABI investigating apparent homicide" article linked, but I am not convinced that this is the same case. That area has it share of crime and it could be a different matter. Plus, they use the singular 'homicide'.

I dunno. Just hoping...trying to keep faith and hope.

I am not completely convinced it is the same case, either. It would be coincidental, though, if it was not. WSFA FAcebook page administrator commented about 20 minutes ago that there was no new information and they would continue to follow closely. BTW, he/she is trying hard to keep the comments from becoming speculative. If this turns out to be a homicide, regardless of case, I think it's important for families to be informed by LE first, not the media. Praying those two precious children are ok.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back