AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this - out on $25,000 bond. That's nothing for those charges. Is there a way we can look at the terms of his release - is that kind of thing public knowledge?

Sometimes. Justonelook (through the alabama court website) offers you all the information that is available for the lifetime of a case, but it costs like 30$. I used it one time on a case. It told me quite a bit. Like some of the terms of the persons release. It also told me that the case was not continued b/c grand jury failed to indict due to lack of evidence. I do not not want to promise it will tell you what you are asking. I have found no free alternatives to this and Alabama courts have a real lack of knowledge of what "public" means.

RSW will take his FB down now I bet. Someone needs to get a screen shot of that photo and comment. I don't know how to do that. Also, the locations of the other photos, such as the Pitcher Plant Bog.

What if WWH found BWs phone? Why would she think she think she could get access to the phone code unless she had it in her possession? How would she know who the service provider is unless there is only one company that services the area?

Quote snipped by me
Sent from my amazing HTC Rezound. Please forgive the typos.

She probably tried typing in Brittney's daughter's birthdate, and taking it from there. Wasn't it a pre-paid card? Maybe they all use the same service provider.

Hey guys, I just wanted to note that you don't need the cellphone to try to access its contents. All anybody would have had to do is call her cell number from another phone & wait for the prompt to enter her password. Once achieved, that person could listen to & delete voice mails. I imagine she couldn't get in bc she kept trying & trying as she posted it all on her FB, or was that her twin that posted WWH was trying to hack Britt's phone?

Btw, anything come of the stuff deleted from Donnie's phone? Didn't people post that he had some voicemails and texts deleted?

Sometimes. Justonelook (through the alabama court website) offers you all the information that is available for the lifetime of a case, but it costs like 30$. I used it one time on a case. It told me quite a bit. Like some of the terms of the persons release. It also told me that the case was not continued b/c grand jury failed to indict due to lack of evidence. I do not not want to promise it will tell you what you are asking. I have found no free alternatives to this and Alabama courts have a real lack of knowledge of what "public" means.

I just hope that these two are either under house arrest, or have been court ordered to stay away from other family members.

Hey guys, I just wanted to note that you don't need the cellphone to try to access its contents. All anybody would have had to do is call her cell number from another phone & wait for the prompt to enter her password. Once achieved, that person could listen to & delete voice mails. I imagine she couldn't get in bc she kept trying & trying as she posted it all on her FB, or was that her twin that posted WWH was trying to hack Britt's phone?

Btw, anything come of the stuff deleted from Donnie's phone? Didn't people post that he had some voicemails and texts deleted?

Is it possible for service providers to undelete messages?

It would be interesting to know what she deleted and why.

On the flyer for Brittney, it states that the bag was either pink or teal. These are quite different colours, so was it case of them not knowing which bag she took - the pink one or the teal one? Or could they not agree on the colour of the bag itself?

Considering the obvious difference between pink and teal I assumed they weren't sure which bag she had with her rather than being confused over the color.

If she is hiding and both of these two are out of jail, theres no way she would come home now if they are the reason she is hiding to start with. I just hope that this was some sort of ploy by LE to get them to lead them to her.

Hi. This is my first post. I know RSW and felt like I needed to clarify a couple of things here since someone actually posted my name in the previous thread on this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

I am the "Craig" referenced there.

A little background...
I only met RSW a little less than two months ago at a local gaming store. I thought he was a really nice guy. We shared some interests (gaming, geocaching) and we both served in the military so it was a no-brainer that we would become friends.

Since we met, we have socialized a handful of times at the gaming stores in Mobile and Fairhope and have geocached together a few times. I consider him a friend. I only learned of his arrest yesterday. I had texted him several days ago and after not hearing back from him did some Googling and learned he had been in jail. That's when I learned about this site and started reading...

Ok, about that geocaching photo he posted on FB. I took that photo on my iPhone on 27MAY while we were geocaching on campus at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. There is a series of caches called "The Powertrain Series" that showcases the 12 miles of mountain bike trails on campus. Here's the link to that final cache (the photo from FB): http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=57571855-36a2-4a65-bb83-e8fc73f3b575

On 30MAY RSW asked me to send him some of my geocaching photos. We had been talking about trying to get some of our gaming buddies involved in the sport. Scott mentioned that he might create a flier (hence his request for geocaching photos).

My comment on FB asking Scott if he was going to go back for the gospel CD was not any sort of code as has been opined here. In geocaching, it is customary to to leave and/or swap "swag" if the cache container is large enough. Most often, you find inexpensive children's toys or other such "junk". (Geocaching is very popular with families and kids. There's even a Boy Scout Merit Badge for it now.) Anyway, in this cache we found a gospel CD among the rest of the swag. We laughed about it at the time because it just seemed so out of place. When I saw the photo on FB I was just being a sarcastic smarta** when I asked that question.

Regarding the time he posted that photo: RSW works a rotating shift so he's up at all times of the day and night. Sometimes he posts to FB when at work. It is not uncommon for him to post to FB or text message late at night.

I did help RSW search the Wilcox area for BW a few days before Klaas Kids got involved. We spent a few hours searching the woods behind the truck stop and rode by a few other places of interest in Baldwin County.

I've only known RSW for a brief time but it has been my belief that he is an honest man with integrity. He seemed very sincere about his efforts to find BW. I was shocked when I learned he had been charged. I do hope he is found to be innocent.

I do not know anyone else involved in this situation, including Zeaux.

If I might ask you One, when you helped him search for Brit. what did he tell you, anything that might help us out here?

Welcome 90 Proof!
Thanks for the Info!

Did you know Donnie Holland?

If you look at the timeline you will see "someone" tried to hack into BW's phone (posted by a friend of "someone" who was with her)... another relative who is looking for BW stated below in all caps about the hacking attempt.

I would CERTAINLY hope the statement by "someone" that the detective did take DH's phone to retrieve deleted information. "Someone" also stated that LE has his phone records. Now whether or not that is true - I CERTAINLY hope LE did in fact obtain DH's cell phone and records because if they didn't we can add another SMDH to their growing list of incompetence.

Again... this is all JMO... I have stated before that it is rare for me to not place trust in LE that they know what they are doing but honestly... I have never witnessed such an enormous amount of apparent apathy and dismissive conduct from LE in the search for a missing person in my life.

BW IS MISSING for goodness sake! Ok... MAYBE the sex crimes are unrelated to her disappearance and MAYBE it is not the result of a drug deal/interaction gone wrong BUT...

Occam's Razor which has been one of the primary principles for scientists and theologians for almost 500 fraking years suggests that it is ALL connected!

I feel like I need to start providing scatter and box plots to illustrate the obvious.

It really just burns my biscuits! :banghead: :maddening:

...end rant...

I think getting phone records is one of the first things LE does!

I do not think RSW and DK have anything at all to do with BRit i DO
believe Uncle Donnie does!

If you look at the timeline you will see "someone" tried to hack into BW's phone (posted by a friend of "someone" who was with her)... another relative who is looking for BW stated below in all caps about the hacking attempt.

I would CERTAINLY hope the statement by "someone" that the detective did take DH's phone to retrieve deleted information. "Someone" also stated that LE has his phone records. Now whether or not that is true - I CERTAINLY hope LE did in fact obtain DH's cell phone and records because if they didn't we can add another SMDH to their growing list of incompetence.

Again... this is all JMO... I have stated before that it is rare for me to not place trust in LE that they know what they are doing but honestly... I have never witnessed such an enormous amount of apparent apathy and dismissive conduct from LE in the search for a missing person in my life.

BW IS MISSING for goodness sake! Ok... MAYBE the sex crimes are unrelated to her disappearance and MAYBE it is not the result of a drug deal/interaction gone wrong BUT...

Occam's Razor which has been one of the primary principles for scientists and theologians for almost 500 fraking years suggests that it is ALL connected!

I feel like I need to start providing scatter and box plots to illustrate the obvious.

It really just burns my biscuits! :banghead: :maddening:

...end rant...

There is nothing worse than burned biscuits!

Welcome one90proof! I hope that you will stick around!!!! We are doing everything we can possibly think of from our "virtual world" to try to find BW.

If it has not yet been suggested, I would recommend you become a verified insider. If you need assistance with that please send me a PM and I can direct you to the appropriate mod.

:welcome:

One90proof.. thanks so much for joining us, and welcome. I appreciate the info you provided on geocaching, it sounds like a fun family sport. I also appreciate your opinion of SW and clarification on the pics. I guess time will tell what the outcome of his charges are, its a horrible situation. I dont know him, so I do value your opinion as a friend. Unfortunately, I think it takes a long time to really know people, and even then, we can be misled.

I think getting phone records is one of the first things LE does!

I do not think RSW and DK have anything at all to do with BRit i DO
believe Uncle Donnie does!

As I mentioned in my post last night I've begun to move away from RSW as a perp... IMO - it is beginning to look more like he is being framed to move the focus away from finding BW and to clear DH (posthumously)... or at least attempt to diminish the charges against DK.

DH is the first to be investigated (allegedly turned in by RSW - AFAWK was never arrested). DK is the 1st to be arrested who then turns around and implicates RSW. RSW is now is the 2nd to be arrested and ironically (cough, cough) has the most serious charges.

I feel strongly that someone, someone else, DK & DH hold the keys to finding BW or at least knowing where she was last.

Usual disclaimer... JMO and theories subject to change at a moments notice when "new" or "different" information is presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle