GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

This is a good article...which details that LE never felt this was a kidnapping from the start

There was a reason we didn't even know the names of the parents for days...and there was no footage of a crying mom begging for a baby's return

some good sleuthing here on Susan Baker from what I see...and LE was honing in on her

I do question their timing....scary to think that Shannon could have died in that box (and of course was rescued let me say it NO THANKS to Tina)

http://www.newsherald.com/news/shannon-78823-alive-video.html#

~~~~
Notice this from the above article "No one appeared at Shannon’s family’s trailer Wednesday evening but a chained-up puppy. Deputies next door were interviewing a neighbor.

Wilt said Mercer had been home the past two nights and had expressed “she knows that they think she did it.”

"Wilt" is the neighbor

chained up puppy?? Ugh

I hope that puppy is ok

I thought this was a forum for ideas and speculation and comments along with "sleuthing"?? I see many threads where people post their comments about those who are arrested and not yet gone to trial....so is that wrong??
Should they not post about Casey Anthony....Drew Peterson....all innocent til proven guilty...Mario McNeil...Antoinette Davis....??
what about Josh in Utah...he isn't even arrested yet?

Isn't the "missing" area for family support etc?? I thought this area was for opinions, discussing cases, posting links. I am sure Casey Anthony's parents would love to come and "support her" and quash opposing views but I have not seen that happen (thank heavens)

should we just stop posting cause they are all "innocent till proven guilty">?
Or just in THIS case?

Ultimately this will be tried in a court of law, and I don't think many of us will be the jurors. As far as the "court of public opinon" goes....most of the forums that sprung up around this case are not sympathetic to either of the accused from what I see

I see "what is being said" HERE>> I just don't happen to agree with it, sorry

I am not going to even try to force anyone to agree with me...I am just stating my opinion

Logical: Every case is different. IMO it's hard to compare Tina with AD or Marc's mom.
Tina does have mental issues and it has been documented over her life. I don't agree with what she did either, but we do not know all the details of what she knew or what she was brainwashed into by SB. KWIM
So, I think some members here are not ready to harshly judge her yet. Until we know the facts.
Unless you have experienced true mental illness of someone in your life, it's hard to sympathize with Tina.

By saying "no thanks to Tina" she was in a box. I understand what you are saying, but IMO I believe she was under the impression that Shanon was being taken care of by SB. I don't think she had a clue that Shannon was in that box. I do think she purposely misled the LE about Shannon's whereabouts. That is true. But I don't think she thought Shannon was in danger.

JMO

Logical: Every case is different. IMO it's hard to compare Tina with AD or Marc's mom.
Tina does have mental issues and it has been documented over her life. I don't agree with what she did either, but we do not know all the details of what she knew or what she was brainwashed into by SB. KWIM
So, I think some members here are not ready to harshly judge her yet. Until we know the facts.
Unless you have experienced true mental illness of someone in your life, it's hard to sympathize with Tina.

By saying "no thanks to Tina" she was in a box. I understand what you are saying, but IMO I believe she was under the impression that Shanon was being taken care of by SB. I don't think she had a clue that Shannon was in that box. I do think she purposely misled the LE about Shannon's whereabouts. That is true. But I don't think she thought Shannon was in danger.

JMO

Hi...thanks for a good post Kimberly...I do respect other's opinions

the bottom line is that even if Tina felt that Shannon was not in harm's way, she did lie to LE and caused a 5 day wild goose chase, money and time and efforts that could have been used to find the many other missing kids we seem to have here in Florida

she possibly endangered searchers (who can forget that the stepdad of poor Shawn Hornbeck LOST HIS LEG due to injury ..frostbite I think...during a search...no frostbite is not likely in Florida, but other injuries could well happen to searchers or dogs)

don't we think that once LE found out that Susan was such a horror, that they would use that as leverage on Tina?? Yet nothing moved her

I have no idea what she hoped to gain by this farce...freedom?? maybe wanted to get away from "Rusty"?

the point is that she played this out to the end

as far as her "mental problems">? She seems to understand that what she did was wrong and that she was under suspicion

I am not saying that she should do hard time on a chain gang <grin> but no I don't think Tina should be in charge of a child or even near a child...chaining up a puppy is just more reason for me to feel that way

Hearing her phone call to 911 is chilling....LE said that she was so calm and non concerned when they got there that they at first thought this was a prank

the fact is that we don't know if these other "perps" or "suspects" have mental problems...and really once they commit crimes I don't much care

let that come into play during the sentencing...give them treatment or whatever...but please do send them to trial

really it should all come out in trial....and that is where it is headed thank heavens....Florida is not dropping charges

Mental illness is NO defense on criminal charges except in very very rare cases, Florida almost never allows it...a person has to be absolutely legally "insane"...ie, unable to see right from wrong, not even able to "hide" their wrongdoing. By lying and covering up and trying to "protect" herself Tina is NOT legally insane...and will have to stand trial for her alleged crimes

her mental problems can be used in the sentencing phase to get her into some sort of treatment program

Hello WS, This is tina's mother and I wanted to thank those of you that care for your kind words. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things for those of you that care and for those of you that still DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT so you should'nt talk. I went to tina's home to get shannon's clothing after they found shannon and tina did not have a puppy on a chain, she only had 2 kittens that she got for shannon and I gave them back to the woman that gave them to her at tina's request. Tina's attorney will be asking the judge on monday to release tina from custody on her felony charges based on the fact that thier is not enough evidence to prove that tina commited a felony. Tina has been psycologically evaluated and it has been determined that both parents are not capable of raising thier child so she will never have custody of shannon again. As sad as it is im sure my last statement will please some and I will pray for all of you and I will keep everyone posted. Tina will be allowed to see shannon on christmas. Blessings to all!

Logical:
When I posted about not judging Tina harshly until we know the facts about her mental issues, I was not referring to the trial or charges or jail time. I was speaking as to me judging her in my posts.

Thanks for the update, Shannon's Amma. Will/has the family asked for custody of Shannon.

I hope you can have a great Christmas in the midst of all of this.

Hello WS, This is tina's mother and I wanted to thank those of you that care for your kind words. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things for those of you that care and for those of you that still DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT so you should'nt talk. I went to tina's home to get shannon's clothing after they found shannon and tina did not have a puppy on a chain, she only had 2 kittens that she got for shannon and I gave them back to the woman that gave them to her at tina's request. Tina's attorney will be asking the judge on monday to release tina from custody on her felony charges based on the fact that thier is not enough evidence to prove that tina commited a felony. Tina has been psycologically evaluated and it has been determined that both parents are not capable of raising thier child so she will never have custody of shannon again. As sad as it is im sure my last statement will please some and I will pray for all of you and I will keep everyone posted. Tina will be allowed to see shannon on christmas. Blessings to all!

Many posts here are speculation....period....none of us are privy to all the records, investigations..yet we "talk" on variouis cases that are in the news

when a case is so spectacular and gets a lot of media attention the people involved stop being private individuals, and become "public figures" like it or not

a series of "bad decisions" often leads up to these sad tales IMHO

I didn't make the "bad decisions"...but I feel free to comment on them

Please don't tell me I "shouldn't talk"..thanks
I would have never "known" about this family /baby if it wasn't on the all the media

the "puppy on a chain" was reported in the newspaper...I didn't make it up but if that is wrong I apologize

I am thrilled to read(per shannon'samma) that Tina will never have custody of Shannon again.:woohoo:

As for the chained up puppy in the article posted. Ugh!:furious::furious:

I would like to wish everyone a safe and blessed Holiday and I may return in the new year, but right now I just need to step away from the hostility and focus on my family and shannon. I will be posting a Christmas picture of her that I took last week on my visit with her, some of you mentioned that no one had a desent picture of her so I thought I would share one of my favorite ones, she looks like an angel because she is an angel. Happy Birthday Jesus, Merry Christmas and A Safe and Happy New Year from our family to yours!

I would like to wish everyone a safe and blessed Holiday and I may return in the new year, but right now I just need to step away from the hostility and focus on my family and shannon. I will be posting a Christmas picture of her that I took last week on my visit with her, some of you mentioned that no one had a desent picture of her so I thought I would share one of my favorite ones, she looks like an angel because she is an angel. Happy Birthday Jesus, Merry Christmas and A Safe and Happy New Year from our family to yours!

Please do post the picture of your beautiful little granddaughter. I am new here, and I spent over 3 hours today reading from the beginning of this incredible story and happy ending (of course, I knew about it from the news, but had never read this thread and found out how it was solved).

I also have had many problems with my daughter and had to ask for DCF intervention for my 5-month-old grandson (drug related). They did very little to nothing. Eventually, however, my grandson was found with his drug-addicted father and taken into foster care. I could not take him at the time because my daughter would have been right here and taken him away again. Drugs changed her personality, and right now we are not speaking. By the grace of God, I found him this past May, and he has been adopted by a wonderful family and has a bright future ahead of him! Actually, a much better future than I ever could provide. The adoptive mother was receptive to communicating with me, and shares pictures and information. He will know eventually how much I love him, and we will know each other.

My heart and prayers are with you and your family. I just wanted you to know that I do understand a little of what you are going through, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a much Happier New Year!

Marianne

Shannons amma,

Blessings to you and all in your family. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you every day. May all things good bless each and every one in your family as you head into this Holiday season. Would love to see a new picture of Shannon, the little angel that she is.
Bless you and yours and may peace from this nightmare be one of the many gifts that your family receives as you head into the new year.

As always sent with prayers and love,

Eleph

chained up puppy?? Ugh

I hope that puppy is ok

Yes because having a dog on a chain so they can't run away is such a hazardous thing for them...god forbid they keep their dog safe when they don't have a fence to keep them in...you know they sell chains and stakes for dogs at every pet store, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, this is probably the most mundane point you have decided to pick on to date, aside from my Aunts nice fingernails. I see more of a judgemental and critical mind than a logical one in your posts, your persistant negative energy is astounding and it is sad that you are so full of negativity towards people and situations that you really know nothing about.

Shannons Amma was having trouble uploading this so she sent it to me (needed to be resized I think) So here is the new picture.

On an aside to Logical mind and others. You can hear in the tone of your posts that you condemn Tina already and my problem with that is that you don't know what happened. All we have is SB's word that she gave her the baby. Tina insists that she did not. As I mentioned before, her apparent calm is not only an effect of her mental condition, but was possibly warranted as she mentioned in her 911 call that her 'sister in law' may have stopped by to pick her up and from the sound of it that was not unusual. There is absolutely no evidence right now that Tina gave SB the baby or knew that she had her during the search, so condemning her for wasted resources and not telling them who had her is not fair if she did not know anything to tell them. There is sure a hell of a lot more evidence against Caylee and those other childrens parents to form judgement over so comparing Tina to those cases in any way is nonsense. In this case there is nothing except her emotional detachment that makes you feel so cold towards her, and that is because of her emotional and mental handicaps. So again...I am not saying she didn't do anything wrong...none of us know that yet....but there is not a lick of evidence besides heresay and claims by a person we already know is a child abuser and possibly worse right now, and I bet she'd claim anything to get herself out of trouble. Kidnap? what? no! She gave me that baby!
Note that I dont call SB a murderer...because she was not convicted and I don't know what she did with Paul, if anything...apparently there wasn't enough evidence for the courts so while I may have my opinions my judgement of her is reserved to the facts which she admitted to, the horrible child abuse that she subjected Paul and Nina to. Despite all that she has caused in my family I will not pass judgement on situations that I do not know anything about, I will stick with the facts. I don't see how you are applying any logic to this situation and the point that you keep ignoring is that there is no evidence against her that we are aware of. The point you keep harping on is her calm which there is a documented explanation for that, which you just ignore. I don't know what else to say and I can't explain it any more clearly. I won't try again.

Happy Holidays to everyone here. I am going to see my family in Florida next week so I will be away from the computer until the new year. Be safe and thank you for the positive thoughts. Hopefully by the time I am back to work there will be news in Shannons custody and Tina's case. To put in ineloquently...waiting sucks.

Attachments

• ShannonXmaspicture.JPG
    ShannonXmaspicture.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 62
Shannons Amma was having trouble uploading this so she sent it to me (needed to be resized I think) So here is the new picture.

Happy Holidays to everyone here. I am going to see my family in Florida next week so I will be away from the computer until the new year. Be safe and thank you for the positive thoughts. Hopefully by the time I am back to work there will be news in Shannons custody and Tina's case. To put in ineloquently...waiting sucks.

chaniilove and Shannons Amma, I don't know how to thank you. That beautiful picture of little Shannon, safe, happy, and loved, is the best Christmas present I could ever hope for. She's truly a Christmas miracle.

My very best wishes to Shannon and her family for a pleasant holiday season, and all of the very best in the New Year. My prayers are with you all that you find peace and healing, and keep courage in your hearts.

Thank you again for sharing Shannon's beautiful picture.

BeanE

Yes because having a dog on a chain so they can't run away is such a hazardous thing for them...god forbid they keep their dog safe when they don't have a fence to keep them in...you know they sell chains and stakes for dogs at every pet store, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, this is probably the most mundane point you have decided to pick on to date, aside from my Aunts nice fingernails. I see more of a judgemental and critical mind than a logical one in your posts, your persistant negative energy is astounding and it is sad that you are so full of negativity towards people and situations that you really know nothing about.

I never said a word about the manicures...others did

as for the puppy on a chain....amma just said there was NO puppy...so many different excuses and explanations...maybe hard to keep them all straight

Yes, I am logical...and also "judgemental" when I see a baby put in such danger

I shouldn't know anything about this "family">>> but they were on my tv

MY state spent man hours and people wasted their time and even their own safety on a wild goose chase search due to a false 911 call

Yes, they sell chains for dogs...but I think it is cruel to chain them in a yard...inhumane

then again some people think a bottle of orange soda is a "cute" part of a baby picture

Chanilove,

What a beautiful picture of our little angel. She is simply beautiful. Wishing you and all in your family all the good blessings that you desire for this coming Holiday season. Shannon is truly blessed to have a family who cares as deeply as yours does.

Positive thoughts and cyber hugs to all.

Eleph

Reminder: There is a neat feature in WS that can be used when one feels that they really don't want to view/respond to any particular posts as it totally disagrees with one's line of thinking/views and they irritate to the point where you may be gritting your teeth everytime a post appears.

It truly works great - it is the ignore button and can be used at your own discretion.

Eleph

On an aside to Logical mind and others. You can hear in the tone of your posts that you condemn Tina already and my problem with that is that you don't know what happened. All we have is SB's word that she gave her the baby. Tina insists that she did not. As I mentioned before, her apparent calm is not only an effect of her mental condition, but was possibly warranted as she mentioned in her 911 call that her 'sister in law' may have stopped by to pick her up and from the sound of it that was not unusual. There is absolutely no evidence right now that Tina gave SB the baby or knew that she had her during the search, so condemning her for wasted resources and not telling them who had her is not fair if she did not know anything to tell them. There is sure a hell of a lot more evidence against Caylee and those other childrens parents to form judgement over so comparing Tina to those cases in any way is nonsense. In this case there is nothing except her emotional detachment that makes you feel so cold towards her, and that is because of her emotional and mental handicaps. So again...I am not saying she didn't do anything wrong...none of us know that yet....but there is not a lick of evidence besides heresay and claims by a person we already know is a child abuser and possibly worse right now, and I bet she'd claim anything to get herself out of trouble. Kidnap? what? no! She gave me that baby!
Note that I dont call SB a murderer...because she was not convicted and I don't know what she did with Paul, if anything...apparently there wasn't enough evidence for the courts so while I may have my opinions my judgement of her is reserved to the facts which she admitted to, the horrible child abuse that she subjected Paul and Nina to. Despite all that she has caused in my family I will not pass judgement on situations that I do not know anything about, I will stick with the facts. I don't see how you are applying any logic to this situation and the point that you keep ignoring is that there is no evidence against her that we are aware of. The point you keep harping on is her calm which there is a documented explanation for that, which you just ignore. I don't know what else to say and I can't explain it any more clearly. I won't try again.

No actually there is more evidence that Tina just gave her the baby....they have foot prints and tire tracks...someone saw the gray van

I think that Tina called 911 to appease Rusty....

and the state seems to think that also....

so many excuses...and explanations....and more excuses...but then again we have a right to post ideas/speculation and excuses, we have a right to our opinions

really in any of these "cases" none of us are privy to all the "facts" but we have opinions..and that is what I state here...and my opinion is that no matter how bad Susan Baker is , Tina gave up her own baby to her....she didn't know that the baby would end up in a box, BUT she surely could have told the cops where to look..and she didn't...and I think that is disgusting

why didn't the "family" or whoever get Tina help?

I saw where you have all said that you didn't "know" what was wrong with Tina,...well just from reading about Haleigh I think that Tina has some form of Turner's syndrome.....very short...ostepororis, bad eyes...stopped growing...
wide chest....small /receeding jaw..maybe teeth troubles
low set ears....(I saw even the social worker said that Shannons ears were low set..so are Tina's)...plus have ADHD !!! (This is JMO....an idea I am putting out there) They also CAN be a "handfull"....

Turner's...or a variation of it....can have various symptoms...some more obvious, some less so...it varies from girl to girl

not all Turner's girls are sterile...if the chromosome is not on all the genes they can have children (a minority of them) and the child is usually premature, and likely to also be Turner's syndrome and/or have problems
(Shannon- premature)

however....most families who have daughter's with this get these girls help....growth hormones...counseling....special ed if needed...and help them with their self esteem

I guess Tina never had any of that???

From what I have read there is NO indication that Turner's girls would be "mentally ill">> just maybe have low self esteem...but so many of them do very well! NO indication that they do criminal things or have more problems with drugs or whatever than anyone else...just as anyone can be an alcoholic or into drugs...I guess they can, but I didn't read anything about that

they often are quite bright, tho they may have trouble with math, etc

some of them have trouble expressing or seeing feelings (like you said that Tina looks mad when she isn't)...but many of them overcome that with loving families who work with them, and help them to overcome

Many of these women get the help they need..growth hormones...female hormones...they go on to careers...marry , often they adopt

hopefully with a GOOD family Shannon will get the attention and help that she needs

I find it kind of sadly ironic that the effort used in this wild goose chase could have been used to search for Haleigh

The picture of her is very cute....teddy bear much better "prop" than a bottle of orange sunkist soda

That picture is just beautiful!!!! Warms my heart this morning.

God bless this family and all they are going thru. Prayers are with you.

Shannons Amma: I believe in my heart that you have always tried to do what was best for Tina and for Shannon. IMO there were a lot of things that were simply out of your hands, things you could not control. I think there were things you tried to get done, and doors were slammed in your face. I admire you and think you are a great mother/amma. I know you are not at fault in any of this and I also admire you for trying so hard to take care of your family. Just wanted to let you know that.

Sometimes in these cases it's easy for people to blame EVERYBODY that is related to or knows the victim/perps. Hindsight is 20/20 and a lot of people wonder why more wasn't done to prevent. Sometimes it's just not that simple. And I believe this case is one of those.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back