LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how far down her route they were able to document her on video? In other words... did they have any other sightings further down from where the white truck was?

tia (sorry catching up from the holiday weekend)

By "high risk" they mean prostitution, something Mickey was absolutely not involved in. I also thing hardcore drugs were a factor in the Jennings murders.

True these women knew each other and into some shady activities. Still a shame that 8 of them were killed and no one besides websleuthers and their families seems to care. If they were 8 middle class white girls, or 8 "Mickeys," there'd be mass hysteria in southwest Louisiana.

While I'll admit a connection is unlikely, it was the first thing I thought of. Maybe Jennings perp recently moved to Lafayette? Maybe he was out at a bar that night and saw her riding her bike and saw an opportunity? Sometimes SK start with prostitutes and move on to middle class women after they've become convinced they're invincible after they've gotten away with killing prostitutes. Just in case, I hope they don't completely rule it out, however unlikely it is. And I wish the 8 Jennings women (and all other unsolved murders and disappearances) were getting the kind of coverage Mickey is. It's an obvious socio-economic class issue (the Jennings women were white and black, so it can't simply be written off as a racial issue).

Some have indicated Mickey might of been wanting to buy drugs and that's why she went over to that side of town perhaps. It's also said she was hungover from partying and booze from the night before... Seems pretty "high risk" if you ask me.

I find it odd how a killer in Jennings, Louisiana is able to get away with 8 murders in a town of under 11,000. Talk about high crime rate and obviously LE at least in that area isn't doing a good enough job...

The 8 victims all "partied" at the same crack house.

Does anyone know how far down her route they were able to document her on video? In other words... did they have any other sightings further down from where the white truck was?

tia (sorry catching up from the holiday weekend)
AFAIK, they haven't released any information about her sightings other than the two photos of her on her bike.

If someone knows the entire proposed route the friends think she took I can add it to the map as well. I can figure it out until where she would have turned off on St. Johns.

My father mentioned it yesterday; he said no one has been aprehended yet. and he said ' it has been a while since he struck". Good Lord. What does it take to make a person like this strike again?

These threads are flying....I'm having a tough time keeping up while trying to do my normal daily activities.

:treadmill:

I might have missed this, but how far is to where the bike was found to the last sighting of Mickey that night?

and, is where the bike was found the same direction that white truck was last seeing traveling?
27 miles.

Just had a terrible storm where I am, so I had a chance to sit and just look at the pictures of Mickey on her bike in front of Circle K, and also the white truck at the same spot. I noticed something that stood out to me, and even though we have no time stamps on those two photos that I'm aware of, take a look in the background, the same vehicle is at the same pump. When Mickey passes there, that white truck has to be right behind her, because it doesn't take that long to get gas. I did three overlays, you'll see what I'm saying. Also, one of your posters put up the photo of something else circled in the one picture, it looks to me like a motorcycle sitting at the light, ready to turn right. It's only on the picture with the truck passing, so that person may have noticed the white truck. Hope this helps to understand just how closely this white truck guy was following Mickey.

Attachments

• whitttruck.jpg
    whitttruck.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 106
Someone else could have come along and taped some flyers up after the people who where there dropped them on the ground. It doesn't necessarily mean the perp was right there when everyone else was.
This bears repeating.

Just had a terrible storm where I am, so I had a chance to sit and just look at the pictures of Mickey on her bike in front of Circle K, and also the white truck at the same spot. I noticed something that stood out to me, and even though we have no time stamps on those two photos that I'm aware of, take a look in the background, the same vehicle is at the same pump. When Mickey passes there, that white truck has to be right behind her, because it doesn't take that long to get gas. I did three overlays, you'll see what I'm saying. Also, one of your posters put up the photo of something else circled in the one picture, it looks to me like a motorcycle sitting at the light, ready to turn right. It's only on the picture with the truck passing, so that person may have noticed the white truck. Hope this helps to understand just how closely this white truck guy was following Mickey.
I'm not saying you're wrong -- BUT it could easily take 10-15 minutes to get gas at that store, especially if you're paying by cash, because you have to go in and pay first.

I really don't understand why LE won't tell the public more. I mean....a press conference is in order here....pretty please.

I agree. As a local, lack of info from the police department is nerve racking.

Heading into errand land today. Hitting several locations all over town for family stuff but I'll be taking stacks of missing flyers and chicken fried's shiny-new-premier-debut flyer for the Olds 98.

Also briefing the kids so they can play "I Spy a '77-'84 Olds 98 with a white vinyl top and damage to the right rear."

(And if we find it, I promise not to approach him and question him myself.) ;D

True these women knew each other and into some shady activities. Still a shame that 8 of them were killed and no one besides websleuthers and their families seems to care. If they were 8 middle class white girls, or 8 "Mickeys," there'd be mass hysteria in southwest Louisiana.

While I'll admit a connection is unlikely, it was the first thing I thought of. Maybe Jennings perp recently moved to Lafayette? Maybe he was out at a bar that night and saw her riding her bike and saw an opportunity? Sometimes SK start with prostitutes and move on to middle class women after they've become convinced they're invincible after they've gotten away with killing prostitutes. Just in case, I hope they don't completely rule it out, however unlikely it is. And I wish the 8 Jennings women (and all other unsolved murders and disappearances) were getting the kind of coverage Mickey is. It's an obvious socio-economic class issue (the Jennings women were white and black, so it can't simply be written off as a racial issue).
I am wondering if these PERPS have access to a computer and internet and talk to each other or coordinate things between towns. It used to be random drive by stuff (LEANNE KNOT IN NEW ORLEANS in the mid 1990's) Now that is a sad case; she survived being a Peace Corps Volunteer in Mongolia to come to Tulane to do social work and she gets car nabbed from the French Quarter by a MS man. Could it be that people here in LA are talking to people on internet in MS?

question? Who is certain that a serial killer will never change their patterns or methods when committing their crimes? I've read where they've studied other serial killers. It's not too far-fetched to imagine that one could come along and change it up because they think profilers aren't expecting them to change the way they operate. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021