FL FL - Altoona, WhtFem Skeletal 126UFFL, 17-20, near Lake Dorr, Apr'84

I definitely see some similarity between the reconstruction of the UID and Lisa. The boyfriend's ties to Florida are also interesting.

I think it would be worth finding out if these two were ever compared.

I noticed on the Doe Network page they list Lisa's height as 5'8" & then as 173 cm. I plugged 173 cm into an online coversion thingie and it converted to 5.6758530184 feet. That's less than 5'8".
The height inconsistencies through all reports make me think you can't rely on the height as the decider here.

I definitely see some similarity between the reconstruction of the UID and Lisa. The boyfriend's ties to Florida are also interesting.

I think it would be worth finding out if these two were ever compared.

I noticed on the Doe Network page they list Lisa's height as 5'8" & then as 173 cm. I plugged 173 cm into an online coversion thingie and it converted to 5.6758530184 feet. That's less than 5'8".
The height inconsistencies through all reports make me think you can't rely on the height as the decider here.

I agree.

I agree with the height issue too..

I am going to contact the person listed on the Namus site to see if they were compared before.

Let you know if I hear anything back!

I received an email back from Dona Faber from Marion County who is in charge of this case:

Dear Janell- I spoke with the Lake County Sheriff’s office in reference to your e-mail and connection to Lisa Sexton and I was advised by Assistant Inv. Lynn DeWitt that this person and the unknown had already been compared and it was not a match.

Thanks and sorry,

Dona

Man, who are all these unidentified people and where are all these missing people???

Thanks Jubble, truly.

I wonder where Gary Hilton was during this time frame, camping in the area maybe?

The fact that she was dressed in a t shirt and nightshirt is a little confusing.
But the night shirt makes me think she was either abducted from home at night, or she was homeless.
Ronnings pattern seems to have been to abduct the women and take them back to his "comfort zone" somewhere in the woods near his homes. There isn't enough info in the article to show any patterns about where he abducts them. The article posted in the crime news may show more. I will check it.

I read the article and the one thing that popped out was its more expensive to execute a suspect/offender then offer them life without parole. I actually have experience debating this topic (mind you I had a partial debate scholarhip in college) and this sadly is true. Also criminals statistically are more likely to reveal information if they can enter a plea of guilty without parole then the death sentence (my dad is a retired lawyer) so this is an issue I am familiar with. Because our court systems are so overwhelmed with cases it is better to plea bargain then go to trial. I know that from personal experience and through my education as a Sociology Masters. Sadly in my personal opinion and life experience it means some very dangerous people are allowed to roam our streets.

has anyone submitted any possible matches and does anyone know if there are any known rule outs on this case? there are none listed at Namus.

The victim was discovered on April 14, 1984 in Altoona, Lake County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 2-4 weeks prior to discovery
Partially skeletonized Remains, advanced state of decomposition
Cause of Death was Homicide

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 17-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 60.5-61.5"; weight unknown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish brown hair; unknown eye color
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Wrangler blue jeans; tan canvas shoes with blue trim; tan panties with brown trim; black t-shirt with "Here Comes Trouble"; a white or cream beach shirt or night shirt with "Have You Kissed Your Child Tonight". 15 inch metal necklace chain.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was located in a wooded area off of a foot path, off a dirt road, approximately 3 miles north of Highway 42 and approximately 1/4 mile east of Highway 19, in the Lake Dorr Recreation area, in Ocala National Forest.​

126UFFL1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/126uffl.html

Just saw an episode of "Disappeared" about the disappearance of Colleen Orsborn. Colleen was later found deceased, although she would not be identified for 20+ years.

This case was briefly touched on in that show, because when this Doe was found, it was at first thought that she could be Colleen. So I'm guessing they died at around the same time.

The show laid out some compelling reasons why Colleen is thought by many to be a victim of Christopher Wilder, including the fact that Wilder was staying in a hotel in Daytona, where Colleen lived, the day she disappeared and checked out the next day. So could this girl be a Wilder victim?? Maybe.

Also, famed coroner Dr. Jan G. explained on the show that the original coroner's autopsy and subsequent investigation into the remains later identified as Orsborn was shoddy and did not follow proper protocols, which is why she was unidentified for so long. I do not know whether they were found in the same county, or whether the same coroner did the autopsy on both girls, but if so, it may just be that some of what we know is wrong or incomplete.

Finally, one of the Florida detectives they interviewed on the show explained that in those days a lot of runaways ended up in Daytona. He seemed to suggest that many came from places like Maryland, New Jersey, New Hampshire, and that general New England area, but certainly didn't say they came exclusively from there.

Orsborn disappeared during Spring Break in Daytona. If this girl died around the same time, she could have been a Spring Break visitor also, although usually you would think if that was the case she would have been there with friends who would have reported her missing. But I'm wondering if she could have stayed at the same hotel as Wilder.

ETA: On the show they showed the clothing this Doe was wearing and I tried to commit them to memory because I didn't remember seeing them before. The "Here Comes Trouble" T-shirt was gray with all different color letters making up the words. The other shirt/night shirt, I can't remember the background color but it was light - white or yellow or pink, maybe, and I think the letters on that shirt were also all different colors.

This is another Jane Doe I've been looking into for a long time now.Do they have DNA and mtDNA on this Jane Doe?

I just posted on the Emma Vaughn thread about a possible connection. Then I noticed on Ms Suzanne's post that there is a link, and it provides dental record information.

It appears that both the Jane Doe and Emma had a chipped front tooth. You can see it here for Emma.

EmmaVaughnAge12.jpg

The chart indicates that the Jane Doe's upper-left-front (I.e., #9) tooth was missing antemortem, not chipped.

That's not necessarily inconsistent though, because Emma could have lost the chipped tooth after that photo was taken.

The chart indicates that the Jane Doe's upper-left-front (I.e., #9) tooth was missing antemortem, not chipped.

That's not necessarily inconsistent though, because Emma could have lost the chipped tooth after that photo was taken.

I noticed that it said removed. But it's close enough to pique my interest. They might have misidentified it as completely missing. Or she might have had it removed completely during the 18 or so months that she was away from home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back