GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from todays search -- no luck searches suspended until tomorrow. Lot of rumors flying around - it is insane!

Apparently they had one plan for us as of late morning - then it was changed so we got there at 1 and they didnt start the scanning in/ signing in etc until after 2. SAR staging just said it was based on some information.

No more searching for me unless (God forbid) they are still out next weekend.

Please let's not jump to conclusions on the basis of rumors. I know it's hard, but we have to wait until we have linkable statements. We've seen enough of both hopes raised and then dashed, and dashed only to be restored, here at WS to have learned that this is the best way to go about things.

Where this post lands is random, and bless your hearts for being here for Carnel.

:tyou:

Just got home from todays search -- no luck searches suspended until tomorrow. Lot of rumors flying around - it is insane!

Apparently they had one plan for us as of late morning - then it was changed so we got there at 1 and they didnt start the scanning in/ signing in etc until after 2. SAR staging just said it was based on some information.

No more searching for me unless (God forbid) they are still out next weekend.

Good job.

:peace:

Also from the above link:

FBI and Tribal investigators were talking to Jaimee Chamberlain’s boyfriend, who earlier had been described as being uncooperative with investigators.

“He’s become somewhat more calm,” Cloutier said.

I sure wish they would expand on what they mean by he is somewhat more calm. Calm as in he's calmed down from panicking about the boy's welfare since the child is missing? or Calm as in he has anger management issues which came out during the intial questioning?

I wonder when MSM will release the results of the cadaver dog search.

Still praying for a miracle here. :please: Please God, don't let this case go cold like Ayla's, Sky's, Aliayah's and so many others. :please:

I don't think this will go cold - many friends and family are *frustrated* and will search every day and night with or without the authorities. IMO

I don't think this will go cold - many friends and family are *frustrated* and will search every day and night with or without the authorities. IMO

If Carnel is in the area. It hasn't been confirmed anyone saw Carnel and AB at the house after JC left for work. If she worked say a 1-9 shift, who's to say how long they were at the house after she left for work.

That's why I'd really like her shift time clarified as well as clarification on who, outside of AB, saw Carnel last and when. If something happened earlier in the day that gives a whole nother possibility on where this child might be.

Ive been following on and off but has it been stated in MSM where the mom worked and how far from home she worked? (I thought I read a little over 4 miles away?)

She got home shortly after 10 pm correct?

Carnel was reported missing around 9 30 pm by the BF correct?

There have been rumors that there may have been a small party correct?

The BF was taken in for questioning and released being uncooperative but now warming up to the Authorities correct?

The Reservation Police are the lead but FBI is involved correct?

There are rumors that Carnel has been removed from the home at least once correct?

The mom's brother is in prison (not that it matters)

Where is bio dad?

I find myself comforted that the Reservation is handling this for some reason and glad they have allowed FBI in.

Where could Carnel be and how much time elapsed from the last sighting of the BF and the last sighting of Carnel?

If Carnel is in the area. It hasn't been confirmed anyone saw Carnel and AB at the house after JC left for work. If she worked say a 1-9 shift, who's to say how long they were at the house after she left for work.

That's why I'd really like her shift time clarified as well as clarification on who, outside of AB, saw Carnel last and when. If something happened earlier in the day that gives a whole nother possibility on where this child might be.
Thank you for posting exactly what Im to lazy to type.
I was gonna write..."We need a presser."

AFAIK, mom arrived home from work about 9:30 pm and did not see Carnel in the yard or near the house. He was reported missing at 10:10 pm according to MSM. At least that is how I am interpreting the info.

I think, but am not positive, mom reported Carnel missing after she arrived home from work.

Mom's brother is in prison for DV. I think it is relevant in that there is at least a possibility of DV here, in that mom has been exposed to someone who is imprisoned for DV.

ETA: At least one MSM article indicated people were coming and going from the home. Who and at what time has not been made public.

What is sema? I've noticied on fb people are talking about placing it i certain areas

I am sorry, but I have to comment on this. Having been a single mom myself for several years, I disagree that dating means putting the boyfriend before your own child. Everyone deserves to have some kind of life once in awhile, aside from work and tending to children. No one should have to put their life on hold until a child reaches 18, just because they're single. It goes without saying, of course, that a mother should be careful about who they leave their children with, but most women are not going to even think that a guy they care about would harm their child. And many of them don't.
I hope that this child is found safe, but I don't like to blame the mother for her choice in boyfriends when I know nothing about this guy or even if he is responsible. If he is, however, then all it means is she had an error in judgement.... it happens to a lot of us.
No offense intended, and this is just MY opinion, but I really wish we wouldn't paint every single mother who has a missing child with such a broad brush.

IMO an "error in judgement" is wearing open toed shoes in a snowstorm, getting a little too tipsy at a party and telling your friend what you really think about her husband or yelling at your boss while at work.

Bringing a convicted felon into your home after knowing him for one month and allowing said felon to watch your child for hours at a time is much more than an error in judgement. If your child ends-up missing and/or dead, this is criminal negligence and should be charged as such.

In these days of online people searches and social media, anyone can search prospective dates/partners and get their backgrounds in less than 15 minutes.

Being a parent is a responsibility. If a girl/woman isn't ready to put her child first and take on ALL the bags and baggage that comes with parenting she should put her child up for adoption.

ETA: I was a single mother until my son was 3.5 years old. This entire post is IMO

http://m.themorningsun.com/themorningsun/db_280500/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=liNyG8PT

Rescue workers search ponds for missing Mt. Pleasant boy 06/24/2012 9:16 PM

@lisayj_msun and MARK RANZENBERGER

@ranzenberger Tribal Police and rescue workers searched a waste water treatment pond visible from Carnel Chamberlain's home on Tomah Road on Sunday while a crowd of spectators gathered to watch. Marcella Hadden, public relations manager from the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, said the ponds were being searched to exhaust all locations the boy, who has been missing since Thursday, might be.

I was just getting ready to post the same article kseal'

Tribal Police and rescue workers searched a waste water treatment pond visible from Carnel Chamberlain’s home on Tomah Road on Sunday while a crowd of spectators gathered to watch. Marcella Hadden, public relations manager from the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, said the ponds were being searched to exhaust all locations the boy, who has been missing since Thursday, might be.

Down the road, search efforts in a grid between Leaton and Shepherd roads were called off around 5:30 p.m. Search and rescue experts called the search because the area had been combed thoroughly. Hadden said if search efforts needing volunteers continue on Monday, volunteers would be called and information would be posted on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe’s website and on their Facebook page.
http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...kers-search-ponds-for-missing-mt-pleasant-boy

At least from this aerial, it looks like there is an open view for quite a distance from the home, if the child was noticed missing within minutes. Unless he darted straight for the woods.

AR-120629832.jpg&MaxW=620&MaxH=330

If you go to vinelink and click on MI on the map and then go to court cases, there are 2 cases with the same name as the BF, one in Tuscola county and one in Isabella county. Both state guilty, however you are unable to tell what type of case it is.There are some charges on otis against the same person that appears to be him. http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=784837
for: Police Officer - Assault/Resist/Obstruct - Attempt and Police Officer - Fleeing - Fourth Degree - Vehicle Code. All took place in Isabella county and it states he is Native American.

also, sema is ojibway - for healing and spiritual things

side note....while waiting to go out, there was a native with an abalone shell with something (i missed what) burning inside of it. He walked around fanning it on everyone -- we were told it was to bless us.

Family members say Carnel was being watched by his mother's boyfriend in her home in this subdivision. The boyfriend said the boy was in a small pool behind the home, but then noticed the 4-year-old was gone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mt. Pleasant, 21-Jun-2012

At what time?
Who else was at the house when Carnel was allegedly in the small pool behind the home?
What type of pool?
How deep?
What kind of assistance, if any, did Carnel need get into and out of the small pool?

I always feel like I learn so much on each and every case. Sadly because we are searching and holding vigil for the ones that are missing. Hopefully, what we gain from past cases sparks our memory for ones in the future that leads to a positive outcome.

I just don't feel Carnel wandered off. IMO the bf knows what happened and I hope The Tribal Council, LE and the FBI know more than we do and he is found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member