FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trajectories, anyone?
Times, miles, distances...anything?

ETA, I know we've been over this before (over and over in earlier threads) but does anyone have anything new to add?

There is really no need to insult anyone or questioning their motives especially in this way ...

Sorry. You are right. I should have put it this way. Can you please explain the benefits, and for whom they are? We are listening.

Do you suppose Michelle has been outside exposed to the elements all this time?

Btw, a long time ago you mentioned perhaps making up various trajectories...any word on that? TIA

IMO Elements are at work anywhere a body would be, whether the body is buried or not, hidden somewhere on the surface or beneath it, if that is what you meant by your question. Air, water, chemical corrosion, body decomposition ... you name it, are factors that may effect forensic gathering, in any case I'm certainly not a forensic expert and that is why somebody with better experience in this field would know better and perhaps explain it more correctly, or conversely one can simply read up on the issue assuming one has the time and/or the inclination to do so.

Sorry. You are right. I should have put it this way. Can you please explain the benefits, and for whom they are? We are listening.

Benefits of what? Better understanding forensic science?

IMO Elements are at work anywhere a body would be, whether the body is buried or not, hidden somewhere on the surface or beneath it, if that is what you meant by your question. Air, water, chemical corrosion, body decomposition ... you name it, are factors that may effect forensic gathering, in any case I'm certainly not a forensic expert and that is why somebody with better experience in this field would know better and perhaps explain it more correctly, or conversely one can simply read up on the issue assuming one has the time and/or the inclination to do so.

Well, you did refer to "outside elements" in your post.

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I couldn't agree more with you here, I think it would be very instructive if somebody here would be really familiar with forensic evidence and could shed a more precise light on how forensic science work in general and specifically on the viability of forensic evidence over a long period of time and under various exposures by outside elements.

Well, you did refer to "outside elements" in your post.

Outside elements not intrinsic to the body itself, not outside as in the open air vs. buried beneath the earth or hidden within a particular enclosure on the surface. Example ... any pollutants that come in contact with a body, such as chemicals in the air or in the water that sips underneath the ground to name two of the most obvious ones out of so many, are outside elements since they are not necessarily part of the body in its natural state but rather interacting with it ... and so on.

Trajectories, anyone?

ETA, I know we've been over this before (over and over in earlier threads) but does anyone have anything new to add?

I was at some point intending to see if I could find info on the measurements of DS's garage and particularly about its relationship to the size of the hummer and the position of the inside door leading to the condo's dwelling but then I got sidetracked by other considerations, I'll see if I can revisit that issue when I can devote some real time to it since it involves a lot of new thinking and research.

Trajectories, anyone?

I posted a link somewhere I think on this thread, could be the one before this one; but it broke down the % of place bodies were found. IIRC like 80% of perps buried bodies near a tree, or a log. I don't know why, maybe a marker for them if they wanted to keep an eye on the place, dont' know. Men then to bury bodies, woman will tend to put them in water. Woman and men both dismember but this is to make it easier to carry and disgard a larger body. Most bodies are found within a 3 to 5 mile radias, but many are no more than feet to a mile in some cases.

If I was to guess, and this is only a guess, no matter who would have killed her, I don't think she is not far from where the hummer was found. I tend to feel she is is buried or in a very shallow grave and it will be near some kind of landmark near by, like a tree or fence. This is only because of the stats I have read about and what men tend to do when getting rid of a body. Not for any other reason. I am still not 100% sold on the fact she is dead. It gets harder with each month, the probabilty of her being alive goes down, but it is not out of the question yet. I am entiled to my "HOPE" that she is still alive and one day will come home. I know it is not a popular belief, but still JMO.

I was at some point intending to see if I could find info on the measurements of DS's garage and particularly about it's relationship to the size of the hummer and the position of the inside door leading to the condo's dwelling but then I got sidetracked by other considerations, I'll see if I can revisit that issue when I can devote some real time to it since it involves a lot of new thinking and research.

It really doesn't involve all that much time and research since that research has already been done and publicly posted. Try some search terms and you should zero in on them as fast as your processor can fly!

I wouldn't get all sure fired up that the Hummer was ever in the garage. It would only take moments to strip the decals. It would take more time and draw more attention to move the Hummer than would be worth the effort, considering. I likely doubt it was anywhere but at the curb to the side of the condo, and out of there. Besides, IF Dale is the perp, I haven't really seen where he's ever been too concerned about who might be watching before he acts, so based, in part, on that, and several other considerations, it is JMO it is possible.

It really doesn't involve all that much time and research since that research has already been done and publicly posted. Try some search terms and you should zero in on them as fast as your processor can fly!

Yes, might save a lot of time. :)

Nope, I couldn't find that info right now... if you can provide a link that would be helpful if not I'll eventually find that info on my own. Thank you regardless.

I wouldn't get all sure fired up that the Hummer was ever in the garage. It would only take moments to strip the decals. It would take more time and draw more attention to move the Hummer than would be worth the effort, considering. I likely doubt it was anywhere but at the curb to the side of the condo, and out of there. Besides, IF Dale is the perp, I haven't really seen where he's ever been too concerned about who might be watching before he acts, so based, in part, on that, and several other considerations, it is JMO it is possible.

Yes I agree, I don't think the Hummer was ever in the garage but some here think so and that might very well be the case. It is always a good idea IMO to explore a particular theory by its factual foundations to the extent that one can, if for no other reason as to exclude it ... assuming one can find enough evidence to arrive to a conclusion one way or the other. Still, worth the effort if one chooses to.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20538&d=1326204738
This will help with the floor plan. SF can either be found with a call or an online search, whichever you trust to be more accurate, or better fits your needs. Likewise with the specs on a Hummer of the same year, and model as Michelle's. I hope that helps.

Thank you for your efforts, I really appreciate it, but the floor plans have no measurements and no details about the actual internal layout of the garage especially whether or not there are any beams in the middle (almost surely though). Outside of someone having actually taken a look up-close at a similar unit, best bet would be to take a look at the real estate offerings and see if a unit of the same kind is for sale/rent in that complex or straight out of the building department at City Hall.

It is 1,699 sf. But you probably want to look that up for yourself, and while you are there, you could call the phone number listed to obtain more information. That information is already available through prior investigation and posts by members of WS, and is likewise available in forum format as well.

Perhaps you can imagine Dale's truck as it is seen parked in his garage, very near the date Michelle goes missing, perhaps look up the specs on a truck just like his, then compare the specs of the Hummer, if that Might better help you reach any conclusions as to how or whether it might fit. A Hummer will fit in a standard size garage. Dale's truck fits in his garage. Now, go do the math. It's kinda like one of those puzzles where you don't quite have all the information, but you can still solve it by deduction. Or, of course, just go read what has already been written. Either way. It probably took me longer to type this, than it would take for you to gather this info and reach an educated conclusion :)

The floor plan served a purpose as to layout. Jr's truck having been in the garage provides the key to the answers you are looking for by reason of deduction, do they not? Perhaps you could provide us with specs on both similar vehicles and we can work this out together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth