CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad to think this might become a cold case. Too many children are never found.

I think that would be so much more unbearable for the family. My heart truly goes out to this family.

Dylan, where are you?

The Find Missing Dylan Redwine FB page is putting together a search for this Saturday, 12/8.

I wish I wasn't so far away, but I'll be there in spirit.

Finally caught up. So sad that they are scaling back, please let them find some clues!

I'm guessing they found nothing huge in dad's house or car, but I still wish I knew what they did find? Can they confirm he made it to dad's?

IMO if they are sticking the search close to dad's, it shows that they know he made it to dad's house and no cadaver dogs hit on his cars. Because if there was any evidence of foul play in the car, it seems like they'd look away from Dad's. Just thinking logically- not my suspicions or anything.

It seem logical to me that if they can find no signs of trauma or decomp in dad's car or house that we would need to change our thinking to a)premeditated and highly organized homicide so as to be away from the house/car or b)abduction situation. Just because, IMO, people leave a story when violent/temper based trauma happens.

My heart is heavy for Dylan. I know there are stories like Shawn Hornbeck, but they seem so few and far between.

Finally caught up. So sad that they are scaling back, happy to see Equusearch is joining on. Please let them find some clues!

I'm guessing they found no specific evidence in dad's house or car, but I still wish I knew what they did find? Can they confirm he made it to dad's?

IMO if they are sticking the search close to dad's, it shows that they know he made it to dad's house and no cadaver dogs hit on his cars. Because if there was any evidence of foul play in the car, it seems like they'd look away from Dad's. Just thinking logically- not my suspicions or anything.

It seem logical to me that if they can find no signs of trauma or decomp in dad's car or house that we would need to change our thinking to a)premeditated and highly organized homicide so as to be away from the house/car or b)abduction situation. Just because, IMO, people leave a story when violent/temper based trauma happens.

My heart is heavy for Dylan. I know there are stories like Shawn Hornbeck, but they seem so few and far between.

Is Equusearch joining? I didn't know. That's great news !

"There was a time when I was thinking about giving up, but then I just thought of what they were doing and searching for me and looking for me. And then I knew they weren't giving up so I figured I shouldn't" - Shawn Hornbeck, 1/17/2007

Not giving up, Dylan. Please let something break.

I'm afraid I interpreted the quote a different way. My fear is that they have...or feel they have evidence to suggest a crime was committed and a possible suspect or POI. We really don't know what evidence they have. I hope and pray I am wrong.

I read it the same way you did. I believe the search warrant yielded some evidence (as an aside, have the vehicles been returned?) to suggest foul play. Unfortunately, although people point out exceptions to the rule, prosecuting without finding a body is difficult - note I said difficult, not impossible. I would expect that they have now turned to analyzing evidence collected and trying to build a case that would be winnable in court and/or accumulate such an overwhelming amount of material that they can reinterview possible suspects in a more aggressive manner, possibly getting a confession in return for a plea.

Totally and completely my opinion only.

I will tell you I joined WS last year during baby Lisa Irwin case. I followed here and a few other forums just relentlessly, hoping and praying for anything. I was, even after 2 or 3 months, reluctant to give up hope. While I still have hope , of course, it is just unbearable to continue on with no word. For Dylan's parents and his brothers..........how do they do it? :( While the loss of a child is surely the most horrible thing a parent can endure, surely the not knowing is a very , very close second if not an equal in some ways.

Are we at 16 days now? 17 ? I still, like a fool, think he may just climb down from behind a rock, hair a wreck, bumped and bruised and clothes torn and starving and thirsty, but smiling because he made it . :) It would be the miracle of miracles and he can do it........ 'scrubbed in sunshine'....... Nancy Grace may be a lot of things, but she's got a way with words. :) C'mon kiddo !

IMO it makes most sense the search was scaled back after the warrant because they possibly found information/evidence during the search of the home (or maybe something MR told them is not adding up) but they don't have enough to make an arrest.

To call is a criminal investigation they must have something to tell them that Dylan did not have an accident somewhere. Also, they said they will continue to search until leads/tips run out...so they must have leads/tips coming in.

They always scale back searches eventually. Unless they get some good tips coming in. So I don't think we can make any conclusion beside that. That is the pattern I've seen in a lot of missing persons cases-they search but then after a while they stop. Sometimes they seem to have a suspect and sometimes they don't seem to have a suspect. Them scaling back doesn't tell us any information about searches of father's home and state of their evidence, except that they don't really know where to look.
I do hope Dylan's mother contacts Texas Equisearch.
I believe family needs to contact them for them to get involved.

MR has given us details re: the morning Dylan purportedly disappeared, but I have yet to read anything regarding the evening prior, after the airport pickup and Walmart run....what transpired when MR and Dylan arrived back at MR's home? Since Dylan did not make contact with anyone after 8pm, via his phone, or MR's computer and landline, and, according to MR, Dylan was too tired to get up in the morning, the obvious question is "why?". I find it peculiar that MR did not elaborate on why Dylan wouldn't get up to go visit the friends he was so excited to see. MR made a point to mention that Dylan had stayed up late the night prior to flying in, but he did not specifically connect that to Dylan sleeping in two morning later. MR has not mentioned whether Dylan went to bed early and/or the specifics of the evening that they supposedly shared together. Were I the parent of a missing child, I can only imagine playing and replaying our last interactions over and over and over in my mind. Instead of mentioning anything about the hours spent together (before Dylan reportedly sacked out on the living room couch), MR reports instead several variations of a brief exchange that supposedly happened the next morning, the latest of which has 13yo Dylan telling his father "I understand" in the context of not arising to go to see his friends.....note the focus is on Dylan's fatigue prior to flying in and the morning that he is purported to have disappeared, the meaty stuff in the middle, when MR would've had the most intimate lengthy exchange, is skimmed over completely.
Seems pretty darn curious to me....

MR has given us details re: the morning Dylan purportedly disappeared, but I have yet to read anything regarding the evening prior, after the airport pickup and Walmart run....what transpired when MR and Dylan arrived back at MR's home? Since Dylan did not make contact with anyone after 8pm, via his phone, or MR's computer and landline, and, according to MR, Dylan was too tired to get up in the morning, the obvious question is "why?". I find it peculiar that MR did not elaborate on why Dylan wouldn't get up to go visit the friends he was so excited to see. MR made a point to mention that Dylan had stayed up late the night prior to flying in, but he did not specifically connect that to Dylan sleeping in two morning later. MR has not mentioned whether Dylan went to bed early and/or the specifics of the evening that they supposedly shared together. Were I the parent of a missing child, I can only imagine playing and replaying our last interactions over and over and over in my mind. Instead of mentioning anything about the hours spent together (before Dylan reportedly sacked out on the living room couch), MR reports instead several variations of a brief exchange that supposedly happened the next morning, the latest of which has 13yo Dylan telling his father "I understand" in the context of not arising to go to see his friends.....note the focus is on Dylan's fatigue prior to flying in and the morning that he is purported to have disappeared, the meaty stuff in the middle, when MR would've had the most intimate lengthy exchange, is skimmed over completely.

You raise a good point. For the last 'time' spent with he would surely be recounting ' oh we watched a movie, made nachos, he called his friends to shore up the morning plans, he got a shower, then i went to bed' etc etc ..........anything? Maybe it's too painful for him to think about or discuss . I'm 100% sure he's shared the evenings activities with LE .

When a person is interviewed they are asked questions. It can be as simple as that question was not asked (re: what did you do before Dylan went to bed, etc)

Looking at an interview is limited insofar as to what is asked of the interviewee.

It is not like he refused to answer the question or changed the subject. He was answering a specific question.

To elaborate further, where is the "we had a blast watching cheesy monster movies until the sun came up" or "I made Dylan's favorite popcorn, and then he creamed me at Parcheesi"...how did Dylan and MR spend their time together until MR left the next morning, and why would MR fail to eleborate on that? Does anyone else not find that a bit off?

I think it's easy to use the "we're scaling back the search" to justify whatever you think of MR - that the police have evidence and don't have to search, or they found nothing.

IMHO - prosecution likes having a body, and if the police found any evidence on MR's property, they would be going full-bore into finding a body. Since they are not, I don't think they found anything and MR continues to not be a suspect, even unofficially.

To elaborate further, where is the "we had a blast watching cheesy monster movies until the sun came up" or "I made Dylan's favorite popcorn, and then he creamed me at Parcheesi"...how did Dylan and MR spend their time together until MR left the next morning, and why would MR fail to eleborate on that? Does anyone else not find that a bit off?

I do find it a bit off, but I can also say in our house we are early to bed and early to rise types. At 9 pm , 10 the latest, the lights are out . The kids may be up online or gaming or what not. But dad's a truck driver so it's very likely he's an early to rise guy. Getting up at 6:30 and driving his kid somewhere is an early bird. So he could very well have turned in right after getting home . I do play devil's advocate.........it's all I've got at this point .

Maybe they didn't do anything of those things ...??

Maybe they came home and MR put groceries up, went in to take a shower, came back out and DR had fallen asleep on the couch?

We just don't know.

imo

I think it's easy to use the "we're scaling back the search" to justify whatever you think of MR - that the police have evidence and don't have to search, or they found nothing.

IMHO - prosecution likes having a body, and if the police found any evidence on MR's property, they would be going full-bore into finding a body. Since they are not, I don't think they found anything and MR continues to not be a suspect, even unofficially.

I don't think you can make this conclusion at all. I know of cases where they appear to have a strong suspect but don't prosecute because they can't find a body.
So we can't conclude that they didn't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123