Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "supporters" were even wrong on that!

Now all we need to discover is who thought God was talking when they sneezed! :floorlaugh:

Hmmm..

"In Ancient Greece, sneezes were believed to be prophetic signs from the gods. In 401 BC, for instance, the Athenian general Xenophon gave a speech exhorting his fellow soldiers to fight against the Persians. A soldier underscored his conclusion with a sneeze. Thinking that this sneeze was a favorable sign from the gods, the soldiers were impressed. Another divine moment of sneezing for the Greeks occurs in the story of Odysseus. His waiting wife Penelope, hearing Odysseus may be alive, says that he and his son would take revenge on the suitors if he were to return. At that moment, their son sneezes loudly and Penelope laughs with joy, reassured that it is a sign from the gods (Odyssey 17: 541-550). It may be because this belief survived through the centuries, that in certain parts of Greece today, when someone is asserting something and the listener sneezes promptly at the end of the assertion, the former responds "bless you and I am speaking the truth", or "bless you and here is the truth"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneeze"]Sneeze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Hi, guys--it's nice to see everyone again. :fence:

Before I step into this minefield and add my comment re JB's rants against GA in the book, I want to go on record by stating that (1) no one can feel more anger and contempt than I have for the entire loathesome Anthony family AND Jose Baez; and (2) I do not believe for one moment that GA molested FCA. However.....

Even so, while reading that book, particularly by the time I neared the end, I'm ashamed to admit that I actually found myself temporarily being suckered into Baez's whole theory that GA had molested FCA and caused her to crumble into a pathetic (yes, "pathetic" :gasp:) abused :pullhair: damaged, helpless victim.

When I finished the book I sat here for probably an hour trying to figure out my change of heart and really worrying about it. However, sanity began to return as soon as I reminded myself of a few things the "victim" had done that weren't included in Baez's book...like forging checks to steal from her poor grandfather's nursing home account.

Once I did that, my head cleared, but then I needed to figure out how Baez, who isn't even a passably good writer, managed to sway someone like me who is fully aware of the real truth. The answer I arrived at is two-fold:

(1) Most obvious, but least important, the book went on, and on, and on, telling only one side of the story and whitewashing FCA page after page after page until Baez has the reader temporarily brainwashed and worn out.

(2) Baez is such an amateur when it comes to writing that he can't disguise his feelings, and as a result his ego and immaturity and pious insincerity are all glaringly exposed. But there was one other thing that came across in that book, loud and clear....HE HATES George Anthony. He despises GA with a kind of virulence that he is not faking. (IMO). When the reader encounters that deep hatred, it's natural to hesitate and wonder what could really be causing it...and it's an easy step to begin wondering if in fact there might actually have been something to that molestation theory. But only temporarily, if the reader is a WS who knows all the truths. If the reader doesn't know all the true facts, I think JB is going to score a whole lot of points.

Interestingly, he wasn't at all convincing when he related the "clues" he got that GA had molested her...like the "silence" when he mentioned molestation in the Anthonys' living room. That read like self-serving rubbish.

But, man, that hatred and contempt he has for GA feels awfully real, though there's no way of knowing the true underlying reason for it.

Anyway that's my take on the thing. :blowkiss:

Friday, it is always a pleasure to see you here! Thank you for your professional/personal feelings about the book. I agree that if you read enough, you can be swayed. Fortunately, critical thinking kicks in and reality takes over.

There are too many out there who are uninformed about the case details and believe anything that makes it into print.

I recall all the avenues of defense the "Nightmare Team" followed and the havoc they wrecked on people's lives, including all those TES searchers and their leader, Tim Miller.

I firmly believe that they always had the George theory and went for it big time when everything else fell apart. Then, they took the little tidbits Casey had told Jesse and "Cookie" in the letters and gave her fertile imagination time to build a comic-based, fantasy scenario to run with.

At this point, I am physically incapable of reading the book myself. But I have resurrected my 2 1/2 boxes of documents and 9 CD's from the basement. I recently reviewed all the motions from the time when Baez was going at it with Jeff Ashton over discovery concerning the expert reports. It tells me all I need to know about Mr. Baez.

Your review deserves repeating here!

I have not read the book, but I have seen others post this about Jose going to Wal-Mart at 3am on Christmas Day. I thought the only day of the year Wal-Mart closed ALL stores was on Christmas Day? Jose, is this another lie perhaps?

WalMart stores are CLOSED on Christmas Day

IIRC, WalMart stores close around 8pm on Christmas Eve..

A little more about sneezing and gods:

"Originally, sneezing was considered good luck. The Hebrew Talmud says that sneezing means that God will answer your prayers, and Hebrews called sneezing the "Pleasure sent from God". The Greeks and Romans likewise considered sneezing a good omen, and wished each other good health or long life when they heard a sneeze."

Part of an answer to a question "Why does plucking my eyebrows make me sneeze?"

:O

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug97/870807554.Me.r.html

I just watched a preview of Defending Casey Anthony and JB said he went to Walmart at 3 am to buy a saw to saw open Caylee Anthonys skull open.

------------
Hi, I dont see how this could be done. Wouldnt the skull be held as evidence? How could they get a hold of it? I dont doubt you, just think they are lieing. I havent read it so may be way off base. :seeya:

Edited to deleted the quote of CarolinaMoon's post as I intended to quote Friday's t, which Included an old post of mine! Clearly I haven't had enough coffee. I apologize CM if I confused you as much as I obviously am this am.

Wow, you picked up a post of mine from quite a long way back! I have since read the book no skimmed the book - and I agree that anyone who knows this case knows the book is full of information from the get go.
Let's not give credit for Baez "writing" the book, I don't think Mr. Goldenbock would appreciate that.
And let's remember that diespite all our conversation of George "falling on his sword" - it was George, not Cindy who disliked Baez from the start and said so publicly. From the start he wanted her to get another lawyer because he thought she was not being "advised" very well.

And let's remember that Jose got his George theories from folks like us, who took what FCA told Jesse and a few others about George and Lee, and ran with it. Jose and his social media experts who studied what "bloggers" were talking about, saw the chitchat about George - and "had their man".

Now you've had some time online, I hope you've been able to read the many many inaccuracies, including the testimonies of both psychiatrists Jose brought in at the end of the trial. Both disbelieved FCA's stories of abuse and said she did not "test" like an abuse victim. And I assume you've followed the South Park defense.

Unfortunately for the sake of justice - the book is a crock. I think the average person who reads stuff like Jose's book just doesn't have the will to do anything but skim the salacious details and I think that's how we came to have the Pinalleas 12.

------------
Hi, I dont see how this could be done. Wouldnt the skull be held as evidence? How could they get a hold of it? I dont doubt you, just think they are lieing. I havent read it so may be way off base. :seeya:

Once the ME (Dr G. and her staff) were finished with the autopsy and tests, the skeleton of Caylee (tears!) was released to FCA through her attorneys. It was held at a funeral home for weeks. During that time Jose and his band of goons had access to her tiny bones and skull and could do whatever they wanted. After they were done, George and Cindy apparently cremated her remains to dangle around their necks and wrists. Bless you, Caylee. You deserved so much more!

I believe what our fellow WS posted meant was, the car was not considered a crime scene when CA frantically cleaned the car. CA waited until the car was spic and span before calling the police.

Yes, the car was a crime scene! But CA made sure the police could not retrieve all the critical evidence she scrubbed away.

JMO and my interpretation of the original post. :seeya:

Oh Geez, not trying to be difficult here but maybe we could stick to the evidence here. CA removed some articles of clothing, the baby doll, the carseat and sprayed some febreeze around.

As the tech CSI testified at trial, the car was not - not clean when the LE picked up the car and neither was the trunk. He testified the trunk of the car was average - what you would expect from a car of that age.

Wow, you picked up a post of mine from quite a long way back! I have since read the book no skimmed the book - and I agree that anyone who knows this case knows the book is full of information from the get go.
Let's not give credit for Baez "writing" the book, I don't think Mr. Goldenbock would appreciate that.
And let's remember that diespite all our conversation of George "falling on his sword" - it was George, not Cindy who disliked Baez from the start and said so publicly. From the start he wanted her to get another lawyer because he thought she was not being "advised" very well.

And let's remember that Jose got his George theories from folks like us, who took what FCA told Jesse and a few others about George and Lee, and ran with it. Jose and his social media experts who studied what "bloggers" were talking about, saw the chitchat about George - and "had their man".

Now you've had some time online, I hope you've been able to read the many many inaccuracies, including the testimonies of both psychiatrists Jose brought in at the end of the trial. Both disbelieved FCA's stories of abuse and said she did not "test" like an abuse victim. And I assume you've followed the South Park defense.

Unfortunately for the sake of justice - the book is a crock. I think the average person who reads stuff like Jose's book just doesn't have the will to do anything but skim the salacious details and I think that's how we came to have the Pinalleas 12.

I haven't mentioned much on WS, but I did blog the entire case from just after the bond hearing until the end of the trial. I read every document typed every hearing, jury selection, and the trial. I wrote articles on almost every motion out there. LOL! I'm a case encyclopedia. However, after a year, I get fuzzy on the details! Funny, once mentioned here, it all comes flooding back and makes me nauseous.

I'm glad to have a chance to take part here in the aftermath since I didn't get here much as I would have liked to during the trial.

The book is currently ranked at #172 on Amazon, so we probably needn't worry too much about the swaying of potential readers.

Pre-, Post-, and Foreversumed Guilty.

I haven't mentioned much on WS, but I did blog the entire case from just after the bond hearing until the end of the trial. I read every document typed every hearing, jury selection, and the trial. I wrote articles on almost every motion out there. LOL! I'm a case encyclopedia. However, after a year, I get fuzzy on the details! Funny, once mentioned here, it all comes flooding back and makes me nauseous.

I'm glad to have a chance to take part here in the aftermath since I didn't get here much as I would have liked to during the trial.

Yes, remember you well! Those few of us who came back and are still waiting for justice are just as nauseous as we have to check and recheck those fuzzy details to see just how incredibly inaccurate Jose's book really is. And as another poster said - it's like ripping the bandage off of a big sore. Ugh!

Nice to see you again!:seeya:

Hi, guys--it's nice to see everyone again. :fence:

Before I step into this minefield and add my comment re JB's rants against GA in the book, I want to go on record by stating that (1) no one can feel more anger and contempt than I have for the entire loathesome Anthony family AND Jose Baez; and (2) I do not believe for one moment that GA molested FCA. However.....

Even so, while reading that book, particularly by the time I neared the end, I'm ashamed to admit that I actually found myself temporarily being suckered into Baez's whole theory that GA had molested FCA and caused her to crumble into a pathetic (yes, "pathetic" :gasp:) abused :pullhair: damaged, helpless victim.

When I finished the book I sat here for probably an hour trying to figure out my change of heart and really worrying about it. However, sanity began to return as soon as I reminded myself of a few things the "victim" had done that weren't included in Baez's book...like forging checks to steal from her poor grandfather's nursing home account.

Once I did that, my head cleared, but then I needed to figure out how Baez, who isn't even a passably good writer, managed to sway someone like me who is fully aware of the real truth. The answer I arrived at is two-fold:

(1) Most obvious, but least important, the book went on, and on, and on, telling only one side of the story and whitewashing FCA page after page after page until Baez has the reader temporarily brainwashed and worn out.

(2) Baez is such an amateur when it comes to writing that he can't disguise his feelings, and as a result his ego and immaturity and pious insincerity are all glaringly exposed. But there was one other thing that came across in that book, loud and clear....HE HATES George Anthony. He despises GA with a kind of virulence that he is not faking. (IMO). When the reader encounters that deep hatred, it's natural to hesitate and wonder what could really be causing it...and it's an easy step to begin wondering if in fact there might actually have been something to that molestation theory. But only temporarily, if the reader is a WS who knows all the truths. If the reader doesn't know all the true facts, I think JB is going to score a whole lot of points.

Interestingly, he wasn't at all convincing when he related the "clues" he got that GA had molested her...like the "silence" when he mentioned molestation in the Anthonys' living room. That read like self-serving rubbish.

But, man, that hatred and contempt he has for GA feels awfully real, though there's no way of knowing the true underlying reason for it.

Anyway that's my take on the thing. :blowkiss:

Wonderful, articulate, well thought out post, Friday. Thank you.

I agree with you 100%. My DD who watched every moment of the trial and wholeheartedly agrees that the evidence pointed to murder by FCA, is reading the book. She was not here for the 3 years leading up to the trial, so she did not see the document dumps, video depositions, etc.

So...with just the trial under her belt, and now reading JB's book of dreams (she did read JA's book) she has questions. Questions that I answer with cold hard facts, backed up by video of that period of time way back when, etc. She questioned why LEO "leaked" information when it should have gone to JB first. She questioned other points brought out by JB in his book. TO WHICH ALL OF IT I ANSWERED...."so JB says". There is no controverting viewpoint put forth in his book...so OF COURSE it is skewed from his sick, twisted, lying point of view.

So I very much agree with you in that anybody who does not have the truth behind them to back up these preposterous fabrications will at first glance believe JB. With that said, I think it is people such as the P12, who will fall for a "made for television" movie script type defense, instead of looking at and weighing the evidence that was abundant in this case.

HOWEVER I must add that even when I say things like "it could have been a drowning accident with Casey at the helm"....my DD says "but what about the computer searches, the duct tape, the chloroform levels and decomp in the trunk?" So she always, ALWAYS stands fast in her belief that it was premeditated.

As do I.

Same last name, different first. Though many rumors went around that they are the same. Or that they are related. RH was allegedly involved in the distribution of the pictures of it. To the point that he got a lawyer.

They are supposedly the same person, drew
and rob.

DH? I know exactly who you mea! He wrote a review? Yes he was the one that has a FB page dedicated to IT and was suspected of linking her videos. Do you have a link to his review?

I can't link from my phone but it was one if the first 5 star reviews at Amazon.

ooo before i forget..(this book has my brain into mush).. Jose does say in the book that it was casey who did the computer searches.. for cloroform (sp?).. Did he ever state at the trial that she didnt or that CA had ?

Here`s a snippet from the jailhouse letters where she talks about the abuse (bbm):

"But as always, we have to very much in common, both good and the bad. I know how it feels to be physically emotionally and mentally abused. And I also know how it feels to be sexually abused. It's taken a long time for me to forgive and I've been somewhat successful in doing so. The worst part is, when I tried to confide in someone before-Jesse, my Mom, they turned on me. I was to blame for my own brother walking into my room at night and feeling my breasts while I slept. I woke up night after night with my sports bra lifted up over my chest or if I had on a regular bra, it would be unhooked. Even if I was doing karate in my sleep, that wouldn't have happened. I woke up many times to a flashlight on my face, and he would be sitting on my floor, in front of the bed, starring at me.

This went on for over 3 years before I finally stood up to Lee and told him if he ever came in my room again, I'd kill him. I was 15. It started just before I turned 12. When I told my mom about it two years ago, she made excuses, saying that he was sleep walking. Not only did she say I was lying, but when I explained everything her reaction was literally, like a knife in my chest-"So that's why you're a *advertiser censored*?!" I don't think having sex with 7 people makes me a *advertiser censored*, but I could be wrong. Over the past few months, I've been having really vivid dreams and it's obvious that they are dreams of things that have already happened. I think my Dad used to do the same thing to me but when I was much younger. I can see him in my room exactly the way it was when in elementary school."

http://www.caseyanthonyletters.com/letter008.php

I read onwards too, man..

"Thanks again for my favorite pen ever! My hand doesn't even hurt. Good job Sis! I'm going to stop rambling for now. I'll write you over the weekend. I love you Robyn, and for now, I will call you Lily, Not sure why, but it just came to me :)"

Ha, a Lily is busy on Amazon.

Here`s a snippet from the jailhouse letters where she talks about the abuse (bbm):

"But as always, we have to very much in common, both good and the bad. I know how it feels to be physically emotionally and mentally abused. And I also know how it feels to be sexually abused. It's taken a long time for me to forgive and I've been somewhat successful in doing so. The worst part is, when I tried to confide in someone before-Jesse, my Mom, they turned on me. I was to blame for my own brother walking into my room at night and feeling my breasts while I slept. I woke up night after night with my sports bra lifted up over my chest or if I had on a regular bra, it would be unhooked. Even if I was doing karate in my sleep, that wouldn't have happened. I woke up many times to a flashlight on my face, and he would be sitting on my floor, in front of the bed, starring at me.

This went on for over 3 years before I finally stood up to Lee and told him if he ever came in my room again, I'd kill him. I was 15. It started just before I turned 12. When I told my mom about it two years ago, she made excuses, saying that he was sleep walking. Not only did she say I was lying, but when I explained everything her reaction was literally, like a knife in my chest-"So that's why you're a *advertiser censored*?!" I don't think having sex with 7 people makes me a *advertiser censored*, but I could be wrong. Over the past few months, I've been having really vivid dreams and it's obvious that they are dreams of things that have already happened. I think my Dad used to do the same thing to me but when I was much younger. I can see him in my room exactly the way it was when in elementary school."

http://www.caseyanthonyletters.com/letter008.php

I read onwards too, man..

"Thanks again for my favorite pen ever! My hand doesn't even hurt. Good job Sis! I'm going to stop rambling for now. I'll write you over the weekend. I love you Robyn, and for now, I will call you Lily, Not sure why, but it just came to me :)"

Ha, a Lily is busy on Amazon.

Yes, Lily has been very busy on Amazon. Coincidence???????

ooo before i forget..(this book has my brain into mush).. Jose does say in the book that it was casey who did the computer searches.. for cloroform (sp?).. Did he ever state at the trial that she didnt or that CA had ?

Really. What does he say she did them for? Oh let me guess, self defense, right?

Here's a clue, at 22, instead of googling how to break somebody's neck....how about just up and leave. In what alternate universe would somebody google how to make chloroform, neck breaking, shovel...and the newly added "pro suicide"....instead of just walking the hell out of that house? Oh, wait...that would entail having to WORK for a living and support yourself and your child. I forgot who we are talking about here.:banghead::banghead:

Really. What does he say she did them for? Oh let me guess, self defense, right?

Here's a clue, at 22, instead of googling how to break somebody's neck....how about just up and leave. In what alternate universe would somebody google how to make chloroform, neck breaking, shovel...and the newly added "pro suicide"....instead of just walking the hell out of that house? Oh, wait...that would entail having to WORK for a living and support yourself and your child. I forgot who we are talking about here.:banghead::banghead:

He states that she did the self defense and weapons searches because she needed to protect herself in that household..
and that the chloroform one because of the fb post by her friend..(the win her over with chloroform picture).. .. I am gonna try to find the time today to figure out when the chloroform one was seached in compairison to the the fb picture.... I seem to recall that they were at completely differant time frames.. but I do admit my memory is faulty. lol:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie