CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that this tip will get LE closer to finding Amber. By all accounts, she seems like she is a very responsible and likable kid. I am happy to see that her disappearance is finally getting more coverage.

My thoughts exactly- its so sad and scary to hear about this happening to what seems like a responsible and well-behaved kid. Whoever knows anything needs to come forward ASAP

The word around town here is that LE is really stumped on this one. They don't think she ran away and just don't have any good leads. They have still been searching, and are often near a friend of mine's house. They use her facilities and chat with her a bit.
It is such a mystery and so sad.

The word around town here is that LE is really stumped on this one. They don't think she ran away and just don't have any good leads. They have still been searching, and are often near a friend of mine's house. They use her facilities and chat with her a bit.

It IS sad....and in the meantime this poor girl is out there somewhere needing someone to find her...:(

Are they concentrating on one specific area? That seems odd if they have nothing to go on. I hope they're speaking to her friends - a lot. That phone call to the guy who said he didn't know her just doesn't sit right with me.

No, not that I am aware of. They just had been scouring the neighborhood, flying over with helicopters a lot, etc. Nothing new is happening at this time. They are warning people to be cautious and to keep their eyes open.

Do you know if the story that came out at the beginning that there was a van headed for the Mexico border has been discarded or investigated? Is anyone talking about that angle down there?

Any news? Anything come up during the helicopter searches?

Also, do we know if she had a myspace or facebook? There has to be a trace of her somewhere! Its so frustrating- I can't imagine what the people on the ground feel like. :(

I don't know how there can't be one solid lead in this case. There seem to be so many tips, but none of them considered leads? It's so frustrating- I can't imagine what they are going through. :(

I used to live in Escondido and am now about an hour or so away, on the border. I will get the poster out down here. Praying for Amber.

Escondido Police Need Help Locating Suspicious Man
Police: Too Early To Know If Connected To Dubois Dissappearance

Police asked for the public's help in finding a 20-something man who has been offering rides to girls walking home from school in the Oakhill area.

Three girls reported that a man in a small white compact offered them a ride home, said Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton.

In each case, the man approached the girls just after 3 p.m., he said.

It is too early to know if these incidents are connected to the disappearance the Amber Dubois, Escondido police said. Amber, 14, was last seen walking to Escondido High School more than two weeks ago.

One girl was in the 1400 block of Oakhill Street, and another was at Boyle and Rose Street, he said. The other location was unavailable.

When the girls declined a ride, the man drove off, Benton said.

The may be a Honda or Toyota, he said. The partial license plate is"5W00" or "5WWM," Benton said.

The man was described as a white man in his early 20s, with eye glasses and short dark hair, Benton said.

http://www.10news.com/news/18817934/detail.html

Also, WHOA...I used to live in that exact area.

JMO, but with that beautiful red hair, who ever has her, by now has colored it. I dont think we should be looking for someone that looks exactly like that picture. By now she probably looks like h....

Has the white car been seen again? I dont think she got in that car. jmo.

Sleuthers,

Need your help in spreading the word about Amber's case. She has been missing now for 18 days and as many of you have suggested....doesn't seem like a runaway. We have just arrived in Escondido to assist her family in her search. Marc will be here tomorrow to help her parents. We are gearing up for a search for this weekend. Please do your best to pass the word about Amber and please keep her and her parents in your prayers.

I will do my best over the next few days to keep you up-to-date with whats going on here. Thanks.

Brad

Good luck to all of the searchers. I'd help if I could...maybe I'll be able to head up that way one of these days. The terrain around Escondido is rough, heavily wooded canyons and hills. Good luck, bless you all.

Sleuthers,

Need your help in spreading the word about Amber's case. She has been missing now for 18 days and as many of you have suggested....doesn't seem like a runaway. We have just arrived in Escondido to assist her family in her search. Marc will be here tomorrow to help her parents. We are gearing up for a search for this weekend. Please do your best to pass the word about Amber and please keep her and her parents in your prayers.

I will do my best over the next few days to keep you up-to-date with whats going on here. Thanks.

Brad

Thank you for the update.

Byomoi, thanks for link. Visual is good. Read the new comment posted on Mar 4th under the article.

This is just so sad. I agree with comment posted under article that it sounds like she may have been hurrying to get to the livestock farmyard and see the lambs before the first bell (which is 7:30AM). Video says she was seen by two different parents in two different cars. One parent/witness says she was there a little earlier than usual (~7:10AM), kind of jogging/hurrying on west side of street (N. Broadway) near the driveway that leads past a school bus maintenance yard and down to the farmyard. Mentions surveillance cameras monitoring the farmyard (tape is grainy) but not the school bus maintenance yard. Another lead mentioned in article is Amber may have been walking with an unidentified male student about six feet tall with a dark complexion. (How would they know if it was a student or not if unidentified?)

I circled the area in attached map that I think is where the school bus maintenance yard and farmyard are (based on video; between fields) with a blue arrow showing approximately where Amber was seen walking by the parent. Actual school buildings are slightly south of red circle. Snapshot from video also included.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=escondido+high+school&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,6180928064580347557&ei=7OmtScWpA5O8M_iZ0N8E&ll=33.147595,-117.090161&spn=0.008246,0.027101&t=h&z=16

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 92

This is just so sad. I agree with comment posted under article that it sounds like she may have been hurrying to get to the livestock farmyard and see the lambs before the first bell (which is 7:30AM). Video says she was seen by two different parents in two different cars. One parent/witness says she was there a little earlier than usual (~7:10AM), kind of jogging/hurrying on west side of street (N. Broadway) near the driveway that leads past a school bus maintenance yard and down to the farmyard. Mentions surveillance cameras monitoring the farmyard (tape is grainy) but not the school bus maintenance yard. Another lead mentioned in article is Amber may have been walking with an unidentified male student about six feet tall with a dark complexion. (How would they know if it was a student or not if unidentified?)

I circled the area in attached map that I think is where the school bus maintenance yard and farmyard are (based on video; between fields) with a blue arrow showing approximately where Amber was seen walking by the parent. Actual school buildings are slightly south of red circle. Snapshot from video also included.

I hope they have checked into all the male students that were marked absent in the morning and any caretakers of that farm yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam