ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or his brother. Didn't I read somewhere his brother's name was Shane Newman?

I was kind of being sarcastic but perhaps it's a possibility. At this point, who knows. :waitasec:

This post lands randomly, I am a bit behind, I think.

Perhaps, instead of starting a fund for Magnotta's defence, perhaps a donation to Canada's Legal Aid system would be more appropriate, since he will likely be using their services. And that would be a chance to ensure that ALL accused of crimes get a good, competent defence, not just Magnotta. Why single him out?

Canadians accused of crimes do get competent, rigorous defence all the time. Recently, Michael Rafferty got just that. His lawyer raised arguments that resulted in the judge ruling some pretty important and nasty evidence against him as inadmissible. This was a Legal Aid case.

:twocents: :moo:

Look, I'll dumb it down, and just put it this way, lest I further offend anyone on this site:

Aside from the obvious explanations and justifications (including being actively involved in researching or reporting on a crime, or unwittingly stumbling upon an unsavory site).

Can someone please, possibly explain to me, why they would choose to look at pictures or videos of someone being tortured or killed?

I seriously don't get it. Maybe I'm just missing that chip.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself.
Two reasons: one is to view evil. I've seen it many times before, but each presentation is a little different, so I want to try to get a handle on as many of them as possible.
The second reason is to investigate my own capacity for evil. I have to know that these things still affect me, that I still have enough humanity left to have empathy for a victim.

The third reason, and the reason that I believe the net should be largely uncensored is that this serves as a reminder that in essence, the Net is a bad neighborhood where you never know what you are going to see or who you are going to meet, and that it's important to be stay alert and aware all the time.

Magnotta wants us to believe he is a millionaire playborn "*advertiser censored*-star." I think its evident thats not the case. Most likely, He will be given a public defender. I think its pretty well-known a public defender is not equal to having a private team of attorneys. With the publicity in this case, the prosecutor will be given unlimited funds and Magnotta will get stuck with an inexperienced lawyer.

Despite what we may think of Magnotta, he deserves to have adequate representation or it will just give him reason to appeal the outcome later. I do NOT want to see some slick lawyer getting him off on a technicality. I just want a fair trial where everything is documented and the truth comes out.

Bolded by me: absolutely untrue.

no relation. I live in Boston and have no connection to Magnotta.

So what prompted you to think Magnotta needed your help rather than the myriad of injustices closer to home?

Indigent Canadians are far better taken care of in every sense than indigent US citizens. Why don't you help someone in Boston who is unable to pay his legal fees? Or how about poor Ryan Ferguson, languishing in prison for a crime he didn't commit, down in Texas?

WOW first I have heard of that, weirdness!

I think it's great that these animal activists went to this extreme to stop this animal abuse. They did help in catching this creep. They need to yank every one of those kill videos of the net. It's beyond gross.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself.
Two reasons: one is to view evil. I've seen it many times before, but each presentation is a little different, so I want to try to get a handle on as many of them as possible.
The second reason is to investigate my own capacity for evil. I have to know that these things still affect me, that I still have enough humanity left to have empathy for a victim.

The third reason, and the reason that I believe the net should be largely uncensored is that this serves as a reminder that in essence, the Net is a bad neighborhood where you never know what you are going to see or who you are going to meet, and that it's important to be stay alert and aware all the time.

I understand this. By viewing evil I have refused myself the ability to deny its existence, and although that wasn't my reason for viewing it, that's been the effect for me. Evil doesn't have a face, and trust is (and ought to be) hard earned.

Hi guys....playing catch up again....just to let you know, last night (austtime) about 10pm we received a post from "clandestine ops" saying that we were amazing and that Hollywoodloveletters, anna mansfield and darklillyangel were them. They had been posting under those names on youtube to try and flush him out.

Here is the article the poster linked us to.

http://world.einnews.com/pr_news/99...used-murderer-and-animal-abuser-luka-magnotta

a few people on here were a tad peeved of to say the least.

there is one still in question...........rita van voldensberg

sorry if all of this has been posted.

Hi Guys I am the admin over at www.ohlookaforum.com, and I was told that our site was being discussed over here becuase Luka posted on the forum. I heard there was some confusion that I may have known him because I said " hi Luka" and I wanted to clear that up. The thread I believe that you guys were discussing was this one in which luka posted about his "crime" before he committed it.

I do NOT personally know Luka, I have tried to stay out of and away from Luka Magnotta and his drama since he killed the kittens 2 years ago and he sent a private message to me of the video. He wanted me to post it on my forum. that is how Luka is. I have had a few conversations with him ( but he pretended to not be himself) and he doesn't usually want to post things himself. He will post something deep in the web, and then will send you on a goose chase to go find it so that you will post it yourself. It keeps his trail down I guess.

Every time he has posted on my forum he has used a proxy. The only time he did not was 2 years ago when he was in New York City at a hotel, and probably on their Wifi.

I just wanted you all to know I do not know Luka at all, I have no association with him and I only know of him because he liked to come to my forum and try to get me and others to post about his disgusting sick videos. If anyone has a question or anything please feel free to pm me over on my forum.

Thanks =)

Thank you for taking the time to pop over here and let us know. There was some talk back and forth, but I don't think anyone really knew for sure. I do appreciate it, and I know other members do to.

Just an appeal for us to focus on the case and not give anyone their "Look At Me" moment as people who put themselves in a position for their "Look At Me" moment really get off on it when it occurs.

Let's remember who is important in this thread:

800_jun_lin_cp_120601.jpg

“May you be reincarnated as a man again, to be loved and be with someone forever,” a sympathizer wrote on Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblogging service where Jun Lin, the 33-year-old Concordia University student, had chronicled his solitary existence in Montreal.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Condolences+flood+victim/6729460/story.html#ixzz1x3rpWkEL

Hi guys....playing catch up again....just to let you know, last night (austtime) about 10pm we received a post from "clandestine ops" saying that we were amazing and that Hollywoodloveletters, anna mansfield and darklillyangel were them. They had been posting under those names on youtube to try and flush him out.

Here is the article the poster linked us to.

http://world.einnews.com/pr_news/99...used-murderer-and-animal-abuser-luka-magnotta

a few people on here were a tad peeved of to say the least.

there is one still in question...........rita van voldensberg

sorry if all of this has been posted.

Rita VanVolkenberg. It was the first account I reported to the police. I think it's a good chance it was him, but don't quite have the same confidence given that the rest have been outted as "investigators". Perhaps he used the music from the RVV video as a response to it, but it also called him a Cannibal Serial Killer. I dunno anymore. I'm sick and a little disappointed with humanity right now. I am still trying to piece it together in my head to really settle with any kind of emotion about it all (meaning the fake accounts).

Yup "HollywoodLoveLetters" and some others were actually an animal rights group purporting to lure him out. Get this... they said they got hits in France and Germany after the fact. Countries with tens of millions of people. :floorlaugh:

did you post a link to this somewhere? if so, do you mind posting again, because amongst the battle of wits in this thread, I missed it!

ETA.....JUST IGNORE ME....i found it above. lol

Hi Guys I am the admin over at www.ohlookaforum.com, and I was told that our site was being discussed over here becuase Luka posted on the forum. I heard there was some confusion that I may have known him because I said " hi Luka" and I wanted to clear that up. The thread I believe that you guys were discussing was this one in which luka posted about his "crime" before he committed it.

I do NOT personally know Luka, I have tried to stay out of and away from Luka Magnotta and his drama since he killed the kittens 2 years ago and he sent a private message to me of the video. He wanted me to post it on my forum. that is how Luka is. I have had a few conversations with him ( but he pretended to not be himself) and he doesn't usually want to post things himself. He will post something deep in the web, and then will send you on a goose chase to go find it so that you will post it yourself. It keeps his trail down I guess.

Every time he has posted on my forum he has used a proxy. The only time he did not was 2 years ago when he was in New York City at a hotel, and probably on their Wifi.

I just wanted you all to know I do not know Luka at all, I have no association with him and I only know of him because he liked to come to my forum and try to get me and others to post about his disgusting sick videos. If anyone has a question or anything please feel free to pm me over on my forum.

Thanks =)

Thanks OLAF, that is very helpful. Welcome!

By the way, when you say that LRM would connect to your site using a "proxy", what do you mean?

Let me be more specific. Were his IP addresses usually something *.onion?

If so, he was probably using Tor, not just a simple proxy. I have always suspected LRM may use Tor to connect to the Internet, in order to preserve his anonymity.

Tor is a program used for many things, but because of its anonymizing function it is often used to connect to the Deep Web. Some people confuse Tor/Deep Web. They are not the same thing. Tor is simply a program that anonymizes your Internet traffic, that can run in either client or server mode. The Deep Web is simply all the server hosted content-- reachable via Internet connectivity-- that is not crawled by your traditional web crawlers. The deep web is a mass of private portals, P2P hubs, private darknets, and often password protected forums and web sites, many with unstable addresses.

If LRM us using Tor, it may be difficult for LE to determine how and when LRM was connecting to the Internet, and which sockpuppet accounts he may have been accessing online.

Heck, LRM could have even uploaded his kill video to Best Gore anonymously, so long as he did so using Tor.

Magnotta wants us to believe he is a millionaire playborn "*advertiser censored*-star." I think its evident thats not the case. Most likely, He will be given a public defender. I think its pretty well-known a public defender is not equal to having a private team of attorneys. With the publicity in this case, the prosecutor will be given unlimited funds and Magnotta will get stuck with an inexperienced lawyer.

Despite what we may think of Magnotta, he deserves to have adequate representation or it will just give him reason to appeal the outcome later. I do NOT want to see some slick lawyer getting him off on a technicality. I just want a fair trial where everything is documented and the truth comes out.
It doesn't work that way in Canada.

I understand that this site is heavily populated with American posters but, since this is a Canadian case, posters would do well to educate themselves on the Canadian legal system and its terminology if they want to speak intelligently to this case.

For anyone interested in the current happenings of Jun Lin's family, and what they are going through, here is a sad indication. :(

This breaks my heart reading this, I cannot even imagine the pain his family is going through, terrible enough he murdered but then defiled in such a horrific way. My thoughts are with his entire family :(

So what prompted you to think Magnotta needed your help rather than the myriad of injustices closer to home?

Indigent Canadians are far better taken care of in every sense than indigent US citizens. Why don't you help someone in Boston who is unable to pay his legal fees? Or how about poor Ryan Ferguson, languishing in prison for a crime he didn't commit, down in Texas?

Or rally for and donate to one of my favorite....The Innocence Project!

thats not how canadian system works... no one wants him to get off on a technicality, and thats why he will be given proper representation.. us tax payers had to pay for picktons defence team.. ya the put a lein on his farm, but that hardly covered anything..

he will get proper representation, with your help or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998